Deleted

The Butcher of PuGs.

He sure lives up to his name. Been in about 5-6 PuGs, wiped a total of 28 times on him. All wipes are at 5-14%. Normal mode, that is.

Pretty funny how accurate the name is though.

The easiest fight in Normal. You only need 2 people with half of a brain to do the encounter, sorry if you didn't even have 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    The easiest fight in Normal. You only need 2 people with half of a brain to do the encounter, sorry if you didn't even have 2.
    I did not. Or the healing just was absolutely awful. Not sure which, didn't stick around long enough to find out, really.

He's a real brain dead fight on normal.

Just gotta make sure you have a dps moving in and out of groups, and have your three groups set up.

You do that and its the easiest fight in Highmaul normal.

Killed him easily in what I would call a complete shit pug group. I shudder to think how bad your groups were.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxxtreme View Post
    He sure lives up to his name. Been in about 5-6 PuGs, wiped a total of 28 times on him. All wipes are at 5-14%. Normal mode, that is.

Pretty funny how accurate the name is though.
    LoL wat....I've done him 6 different times between normal/heroic main/alt and practice runs wth pubs thru the premade finder and haven't wiped on him once. The first two bosses are loot piñatas. tectus and bracken are a little tricky but shoudnt be more than 3-5 wipes with pugs. The last three are a little challenging but once you "get it" they're EZ.

And I'm by no means n elitist, I only did LFR all thru pandaland.

Had a pug... well, led a pug, a clueless bunch really that didn't understand the concept of "Stack on top of one another" too well. To be honest, I'm not sure if I did too.

Butcher was cleaving left and right, targeting the group on the left, then to the right, then targeting tanks because somebody moved for no reason, the guy didn't move in, another didn't move out. DoT was on everybody.

Killed him in 3 tries. During the third try we simply got lucky and he didn't cleave one group enough to ever kill them outright. Yep, thats some advanced tactics right there.

This fight is relatively easy, but also needs everyone to be on the same page. I'm not surprised at all that groups might have trouble with him.

Deleted
    So, appearently the new group finder tool is to forgiving on bads.
    Atleast Oqueue required players to be understanding enough to dl a addon.
    Fail Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    i pugged him on heroic only took all day to kill him. double gold drops woo.

I can see the butcher being difficult for pugs on Heroic at this point. Normal shouldn't be that tough though.

Had one pug that wiped for an hour or two on him. Next day another pug one-shot. Then we went and wiped on Tectus for like 3 hours, but we got him. All Normal.

Pretty typical first week stuff I think. Although Highmaul is probably tuned more like Flex wing 2 or 3 right off the bat, Kargath is kinda an Immerseus but not a lot of easier bosses to gear up on.
    Last edited by hablix; 2014-12-08 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    I can see the butcher being difficult for pugs on Heroic at this point. Normal shouldn't be that tough though.

Got the bastard to a 4% wipe today on a fully pugged heroic group.... Blah!

Deleted
    Yeah he's a dps check that doesn't forgive personnal fails.

Pretty nasty for an early boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Yeah he's a dps check that doesn't forgive personnal fails.

Pretty nasty for an early boss.
    But there really isn't anything to fail except for tunneling your dps/hps. 2 people need to know what's going on to move in and out, but that's it. Its as easy as a fight can possibly be. As normal is balanced around 630 heroic dungeon gear, there isn't much of an excuse to fail to meet the requirements - either people don't know what they are doing or they are undergeared. In a PuG both are possible of course, especially the first, but if someone can't do that fight then they aren't going to be able to do much of anything in a raid, so you might as well find out quickly and replace them.

Been in some pugs for it, with the same results. Healers run OOM, then people die. I know Im a decent enough healer, and my fellow healers have had an output similar to my own, and ive had a lot of wipes around 4-10%

Shall I blame it all on dps? I don't know, just really hate my mana regen (or lack thereof) atm, feel so inadequate when I'm running on fumes even after trying to be mana conservative during the fight.

Butcher is the problem in pugs only cause idiots go to this boss as 2nd in the instance instead go for tectus&brackenspore and maybe then after clearing those 2 go to optional boss which is butcher - in 3-4 weeks once people will get some lfr/normal gear/weapons/trinkets those problems will be non existent and it will be treate as joke till people will hit him on mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaltur View Post
    He's a real brain dead fight on normal.

Just gotta make sure you have a dps moving in and out of groups, and have your three groups set up.

You do that and its the easiest fight in Highmaul normal.
    Your display pic scares and intrigues me.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Gearchecks like this are usually pugkillers i'm not surprised in the least. Pugs usually lack both gear and skill.