Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shadow Dummy dps..

hey guys and girls. i have read the other dps threds but since ive not been in a raid yet, and want to copare my dps vs something, i was wondering what you are pulling on a dummy? its mostly so i can inprove befor i enter my first raid in 2 years monday..

im pulling 10.3 on the dummy in the standard CoP. with a ilvl of 635

tho i know im not geting anything out of the ToF tallent since the dummy is not going below 35% and i dont get to execute fase..

so its just to se if my rotation is ok tho i know im makeing small mistakes.

Deleted
    3 to 4 min. 3 times

Deleted
    I did 3 pulls of 4min windows each, using ToF(irrelevant ), MFI, CoP, did not use halo or shadow fiend. 15.1k dps 662 ilvl. Starting with 0 orbs each time.

Sounds ok I'm at 640 and did about 12500.

It would be interesting to see your breakdowns though as in what abilities did what damage.

Deleted
    will record one after ive eaten..

you could try to attack that tanking dummy in your garrison (if you have them), it will go from 100-0, thus activating ToF & giving you an execute phase.
    Last edited by reyu; 2014-12-08 at 01:32 AM.

Last multiple 3 minute runs I did on dummy w/o fiend/halo was 13k. Currently 639 equipped.

Deleted
    I did a 6:30 fight on the 100% dummys with my shadow preist ilvl 639 and ended @~12.0k dps. This was for me with out halo, fiend and unbuffed. ToF was been used and insanity.

Deleted
    I do about the same in similar gear with a dotless COP rotation.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    636 ilvl. Currently really frustrated with Spriest as it seems I'm always towards the bottom in our raids.
    Pre-potting, using trinkets during burn phases, following DoT weave rotation down to a tee but I consistently get told I'm not doing enough dps.

The other spriest in my guild is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...umbootz/simple - who consistently sits at 18-19k dps, while I can barely crack 13-14k consistently. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

seeing this breakdown i am definitiely sure, that you use mindspike waaaay too much, devouring plague a bit too little, your other dots and insanity too much, although not using halo might skew the results on the latter of the two. mindspike should (according to simcraft) make up ~18-19% of your total damage done, so thats a huge difference.

do you have gnosis installed correctly to reflect the change in the amount of ticks on insanity?
    when do you clip insanity?
    what rotation do you use during dotweaving ?
    you could also take a look at simcraft's shadowpriest profile and look at the action priority list. there you can find an example of how simcraft uses the spells in the right order.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimsonmyst View Post
    636 ilvl. Currently really frustrated with Spriest as it seems I'm always towards the bottom in our raids.
    Pre-potting, using trinkets during burn phases, following DoT weave rotation down to a tee but I consistently get told I'm not doing enough dps.
    You are doing something wrong in your rotation from what I can see in your screenshot. Mind Blast should be top damage spell so I'm guessing you are not using it on cooldown.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reyu View Post
    seeing this breakdown i am definitiely sure, that you use mindspike waaaay too much, devouring plague a bit too little, your other dots and insanity too much, although not using halo might skew the results on the latter of the two. mindspike should (according to simcraft) make up ~18-19% of your total damage done, so thats a huge difference.

do you have gnosis installed correctly to reflect the change in the amount of ticks on insanity?
    when do you clip insanity?
    what rotation do you use during dotweaving ?
    you could also take a look at simcraft's shadowpriest profile and look at the action priority list. there you can find an example of how simcraft uses the spells in the right order.
    I use the inbuilt cast timer frames with ElvUI.
    I usually don't clip the first Insanity, and clip before the last tick on the second.
    Dotweave rotation is MB (5 orbs) -> VT -> SW:P -> DP -> MFIx2 -> MB -> DP -> MFIx2 -> MB
    Downloading Simcraft to have a look now.

Deleted
    I usually don't clip the first Insanity, and clip before the last tick on the second.
    Dotweave rotation is MB (5 orbs) -> VT -> SW:P -> DP -> MFIx2 -> MB -> DP -> MFIx2 -> MB
    Go to a target dummy. Spam mind blast and dp on cd. Fill with mindspikes until DP then use insanity one time and back to Mindblast and mindspike spam. NO dots.
    Try it for fun and you will do way more dps.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The rotation should be (atleast what's working for me)

MS 3x per MB, Always keep MB on CD. On the 4th orb you go MS>SWP>VT. MB for last orb, DP>Insanity, Break off when MB comes of CD. DP (3 orbs) Insanity, break off for MB again. And repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Go to a target dummy. Spam mind blast and dp on cd. Fill with mindspikes until DP then use insanity one time and back to Mindblast and mindspike spam. NO dots.
    Try it for fun and you will do way more dps.
    Why would dotless CoP be stronger than weaving? I mean, you would lose your VT and pain ticks while flaying, and that's almost 15 seconds per weaving-interval.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weidmo View Post
    The rotation should be (atleast what's working for me)

MS 3x per MB, Always keep MB on CD. On the 4th orb you go MS>SWP>VT. MB for last orb, DP>Insanity, Break off when MB comes of CD. DP (3 orbs) Insanity, break off for MB again. And repeat.

Weidmo, this is what I got on your recommendation. I'm using MB whenever it is off CD, and for some reason it still lags behind MS.

Broods, this is what happened when I tried yours. Slightly less than the dotweave rotation. Still a lot of MS damage.

These were both across 4 min target dummy trials.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to be an excessive amount of Mind spikes. I'll get online and do a run for myself to check out. Ill come back with results. I'll leave you with my damage breakdown on The Butcher from yesterday so you can get a feel of whereabouts you should be https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1 .

Shadows the strongest caster right now lol. Not sure how you could be at the bottom of the meters.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 Minute fight. Im getting around the same as you. Do you have any logs i could analyze? Because obviously raidbuffs factor in your dps greatly. Also what food are you using in raids? And what bosses are you having the most trouble on?