Deleted

Unholy DK (coule of questions)

Hi!

I recently switched from playing a mage to unholy dk. I like it a lot but some things are not 100 % clear yet and I would appreciate your help a lot!

1) How do you manage your ghoul? At the moment I have everything like it was as default, I guess that’s not optimal. Also sometimes he is dying. Should I heal him with DC in these situations or rather resummon him? What about when he is transformed?

2) If there are adds in a fight and they are too far away to use BB to spread diseases and OB is on CD. For how long do they have to survive for applying diseases with PS to be better instead of SS?

3) Let’s say we have full runes and full RP. In this scenario would you use your runes even though you don’t gain any RP from this?

4) Sometimes when I have 2 death runes, 1 frost and 1 blood and I use FS, it leaves me with one blood. Is this a bug? Also when this happens, what do you do with this single blood rune if the fight is single target?

5) If your trinkets come off CD when have very little runes, do you wait for more runes before you use it?

Thanks so much!

1) Let timmy just do his own thing. If he dies, resummon. Try to have as high an uptime of Dark Transformation as possible.

2) Any aoe, 2+ targets, you should be spamming blood boil anyway. Glyph Blood Boil and it should be enough to spread diseases.

3) If SR, Defile and DT are on cooldown, then Death Coil when > 90 RP or you get a Sudden Doom proc.

4) Those death runes should have been used on Scourge Strike first. Would stop the desync issue, and more DPS.

5) UH doesn't really get rune starved as much as the other specs - wait up to a second if you have to, but you should be ok.

I've written a general UH guide, check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Leave as default for now until you get used to playing unholy; and no its not optimal. Most unholy dks will bind SS and the ghouls special attack to maximize the ghouls attack every time (especially useful when ghouls is transformed and there are 3+ targets in cleave range). This means you have to take off autocast from the the ghouls attack.

Also, separate binds for ghouls stun and leap. There are trash mobs in HM that could be stunned and the adds from Tectus/Braken boss fight, be sure you stun only when ghoul is transformed as it can stun up to 5 secs on most mobs. Ghoul leap is useful and you have to move from one raid spot/add to another; as soon as your ghoul is in range you can have him leap in before you get there to maximize dps especially if he is transformed.

2) If they are not too far from main target I will run to one of them PS strike and BB, then run back. The damage from diseases on multiple targets when they run their full duration will easily make up the dps loss from running back and forth really quick.

5) Consider using Empower Rune Weapon if you are in boss burn phase and then use trinkets. As you get more haste you should see less lockups with runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laroux View Post
    1) Leave as default for now until you get used to playing unholy; and no its not optimal. Most unholy dks will bind SS and the ghouls special attack to maximize the ghouls attack every time (especially useful when ghouls is transformed and there are 3+ targets in cleave range). This means you have to take off autocast from the the ghouls attack.

Also, separate binds for ghouls stun and leap. There are trash mobs in HM that could be stunned and the adds from Tectus/Braken boss fight, be sure you stun only when ghoul is transformed as it can stun up to 5 secs on most mobs. Ghoul leap is useful and you have to move from one raid spot/add to another; as soon as your ghoul is in range you can have him leap in before you get there to maximize dps especially if he is transformed.

2) If they are not too far from main target I will run to one of them PS strike and BB, then run back. The damage from diseases on multiple targets when they run their full duration will easily make up the dps loss from running back and forth really quick.

5) Consider using Empower Rune Weapon if you are in boss burn phase and then use trinkets. As you get more haste you should see less lockups with runes.

all good points i agree with, except for the last statement in 5.....haste is our worst stat, so its probably best not to give him idea's that he might think he needs to stack it in order to play "properly".

if you are wondering stat priority OP, it goes multistrike > mastery > crit > versatility > haste

versatility would probably outshine crit if they actually did it right, but at this point it seems like a "broken" stat.

Deleted
    Thanks guys!