Question Question about PVP and obtaining a higher conquest cap.

Sup everyone i'm trying to find a definitive answer. If I have a 2k RBG rating and a 2k arena rating do I still get a higher conquest cap from RBGs or has blizzard remove that in WoD? I know previous expansions RBG rating always gave you a larger conquest cap.

Yes you get an increased cap. Hover over your current cap and it should say projected conquest cap. The change they made is Arena cap and RBG cap are now the same so 2200 Arena has the same max as if you had 2200 RBG it will just use what ever one is highest.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    Yes you get an increased cap. Hover over your current cap and it should say projected conquest cap. The change they made is Arena cap and RBG cap are now the same so 2200 Arena has the same max as if you had 2200 RBG it will just use what ever one is highest.
    So to clarify. If say I have a 2k arena rating and a 2k rbg rating. Will they both give me the exact same cap next week?

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    So to clarify. If say I have a 2k arena rating and a 2k rbg rating. Will they both give me the exact same cap next week?
    Assuming you're exactly 2k on both? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    If you have 2k arena and 1500 RBG you will have a cap of lets say 2630. The first 1500 can be earned in anyway you want the next 930 can be earned in arena and then 200 for ashran.

If you have 2k RBG and 1500 Arena you will have a cap of lets say 2630. The first 1500 can be earned in anyway you want the next 930 can be earned in RBG's and then 200 for ashran.

So in other words you are not required to do RBG's to get your max cap unless your highest rating is in RBG's. To my knowledge this is correct minus the rating to increased cap ratios. I believe the confusion is from people thinking they can get 2k rating in arena and then the next week get their 2600 conquest in RBG's

I will also note that you have a small chance of winning ONE total primal item for your first 3 RBG wins so if you get one your first win you can not get another that week or if you get none and win 3 games no further wins give you a chance at a primal item. This does not consume any bonus rolls and doesn't display anything unless you win an item and then it will say you received the item and put it in your inventory.

So all and all to get gear the fastest you still have to RBG to go for the bonus items.
    Last edited by Reveries1; 2014-12-07 at 09:54 PM.