Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2 Raid tiers? Why is no one kicking off?

More expensive expansion, less content. I thought less raid tiers would've been something nobody would put up with.

yeah this is all old news. folks like you were all "source?" and then you'd never check back. people who keep up knew what we were getting with wod and i wasn't in love with paying more for less, but it's worth my money at this point. i'm happy with wod. 2 raid tiers isn't a big deal unless 1 lasts a year

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough competent players to actually clear that content, why would bads care about not getting something they can't clear?

That is why no one is complaining. Too busy complaining about Garrisons and how they can't fly everywhere in two seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Welcome to 6 months ago
    Except this time they're at least saying "Yeah, there could still be 3".

Before it was more of a "If we make our goal we're going to stick you with 2". This way actually sounds better.

Because quicker expansions are a promise that blizzcon has never been able to deliver on. If they do deliver I will be happy to have more content to play rather than upset that I have to buy a new expansion each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    More expensive expansion, less content. I thought less raid tiers would've been something nobody would put up with.
    Because this shit was already talked to the death when MoP launched two years ago so you're bit late to start a whine now. End result was that majority of players and the developers like staggered release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Welcome to 6 months ago
    2 years ago...

Oh damn, inflation actually exists?
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    Quality > Quantity, just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather take 2 good tiers than 3 mediocre/crappy. Looking at you Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with it if the 2 raid tiers are both good and spaced out properly. Two things they haven't managed to do with raid tiers in quite a long time IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    I'd like to remember cataclysm should have way more raids (and better) than it did.
    -Abyssal Maw maw was supposed to be on the expansion second tier along with Firelands
    -Well of Eternity was supposed to be a whole tier before Deathwing. They canceled it and turned what was developed in terms of art and scenario into meh deungeons. This could be an amazing tier.
    -Deathwing tier wasn't supposed to be a cheap raid. We didn't get the final raid we expected or deserved. Rumor is they took a lot of resources from WoW to help finish diablo3 during cata cycle.

They shot their own foot on cata.

Now if by a tier every 6 months and only 2 maybe 3 per expansion they mean awesome tiers, like Ulduar, ToT, Hyjal+BT, etc etc, i'm fine with it.
    Otherwise we should be worried.

I am happy with less tiers/quicker expansions if the expansions are of similar quality to what we got with WOD.
    Last edited by Epika; 2014-12-07 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    the first tier of cata was absolutely amazing though and generally agreed to be one of the most rewarding and difficult tiers

Because no one is nuts enough to think that when Blizzard promised faster expansions that they meant they would also deliver the exact same amount of content per expansion that they delivered previously, but in less time.

Or rather we realized that faster expansions meant that more resources would switch to each new expansion faster. I don't agree with some of the comments here that tiers are boring. If my class is being revamped every year I'd be unhappy. Or if I had more class/race options than I could possibly enjoy/evaluate. I personally like the idea of having some consistency for some time, hell that's probably part of the reason why so many play wow. As much as things change... they kind of stay the same.

But that said. Two or three tiers and then a bigger shakeup is fine by me. Especially when it fits with the narrative. I don't want 6 months or a year of a raid tier/bonus content that is almost unrelated to what we know or care about.

Lets take Wrath for example. Tier 1 wasn't amazing since it was reusing old content, but it had Malygos who despite being somewhat tangential to the largest plot had dire ramifications for the world and the mythology, and was directly linked to the leveling content. Tier 2 was badass. One of the best
    raids we've had and again had cool plot implications and lore connections. Then we had the Trial of the crusader. I'm not going to sit here and cry about content, but it was ultimately meant as a stop gap between real content. It did nothing truly interesting plot wise, very little to expand on the world's mythology and the raid and gear were visibly inferior. Icecrown may not go down as the greatest raid, but personally I loved it, it had awesome story and world implications again. Then, there was ruby sanctum....

What Blizzard is going for is taking out the crusader and ruby sanctum stuff and then having a brand new expansion hopefully before something like ruby sanctum is even necessary.

Somehow you were expecting all of that crammed into a shorter period? I mean you can hope for it, more content is good, but I much prefer the idea of focused, story driven content(context is important) and then a complete refresh.

Blizzard's plan is to give us more interesting content at a faster rate which means cleaning up the content that was only there because it needed more content. While they may have added staff, I'm not sure, I hope few believed that meant they were simply going to churn out double the content in the same amount of time to facilitate faster expansions.

Seriously, if we have gotten Naxx, Ulduar and ICC in wrath and then moved on to a new expansion would we really have been upset? Hell, if the expansion had dropped Naxx altogether and perhaps put Ulduar and Maly on the same tier would it have been a bad thing?

I'm just waiting to see how it all pans out. If it's two raid tiers over a year period - im cool with that. If it's two raid tiers for 3 years of content well then no worries, you'll see the repercussions of that after the first year.

More expensive expansion, less content.
    This could be said for everything else in the expansion, excluding the third tier, btw.

No new class/race to try out, no real "system" being added, just updates to the ones we already had.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The price increase I think was probably more to just inflation than 'this expansion is better or has more than the others.'

But it's not like it has nothing. Instead of one or two new races they completely updated the old ones, making them from scratch, which is a heavily requested thing going back years. I think that makes up for it. Besides Blizz can't even do justice to many of the races in the game when it comes to development and screen time, adding more would just make the problem worse.

As for features and systems: garrisons. Sure, you could say the farm was a proto garrison but garrisons go so much above and beyond what the farm was that I don't think it's fair to call it Farm 2.0. I can understand complaining that Garrisons are the ONLY new feature, but it is there regardless.

As for the tiers, so far as I know we don't 'know' there will only be two, but it is possible, it depends on how long until they think their next expansion is ready. Which given their history the expansion probably won't be ready soon enough and they'll do three anyway. But we'll see.

If you don't think WOD has enough content that's a fair criticism, but let's at least acknowledge what is there when criticizing it.

We are paying Blizzard to work more, hence the $50 expansions rather than $40.
    They work more, thus giving us more content without delays, hence the $50 expansion rather than the $40.
    The work is of better quality hence the $50 rather than $40.

Need I say more??
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Deleted
    Why? because its not news, they say this every expansion.

too amazed by their completely stupid reasoning for why a BoE trinket is BiS for every healer to read anything else