Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

have you ever seen a bird drop dead from the sky?

I haven´t.

Don´t they get heart attacks, strokes and other shit? What are the odds of seeing one just plummet right before you?

Deleted
    One of them divebombed a car i was driving once.

Made a damn mess too.

But dropping dead from the sky?

Never happened for me.

Deleted
    Man there is a lot of variables to calculate to find the answer to that. Where you live, how often you are outside, where you are outside, the amount of birds in your area, the types of birds, weather conditions, time of year... And likely a lot more, I'd say it is less likely than being struck by lightning most likely.

Deleted

Yep, seeing those things drop pretty often. Usually in the winter but I guess it's just the old and the sick not putting up with the cold weather. Some just land and won't run when you get close.

Tried rescuing some of those that still lived but it's always the same thing: 3 or 4 days later they kick the bucket. I stopped trying to pick them up after a while as they are clearly with one foot in the grave if they're on the sidewalk.

I have, once. After hitting the kitchen window.

Deleted
    They're not dead! They're just taking a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I haven´t.

Don´t they get heart attacks, strokes and other shit? What are the odds of seeing one just plummet right before you?
    I saw a bird kill itself one time. It was sitting in the water. It stuck its head under water and never brought it back up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Im not talking bout coalission with an object.
    Im talking flying at one point, and dropping straight down from the sky the next.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it happen to ducks a lot sometimes geese and the ocational pheasent too.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    One of them hit my car windshield while I was driving if that counts. Cracked it...

I don't think I've ever seen one just drop and die...I've seen squirrels fall out of trees and die though.

Most I've seen a bird do is fly into the glass window in the room I was in. Oh, and outside of my college library, there was like a dozen or two dead birds just laying there....kinda creepy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Yeah a dove did that one story above my flat once, broke its neck in an instant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I saw a mountain goat drop dead off the side of a cliff and onto a couples parked car. I laughed my ass off.
    You laughed so hard that your ass fell off your body?

/takingwordstooliterally
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    I see it happen to ducks a lot sometimes geese and the ocational pheasent too.
    I think he means from natural causes.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine most would probably land somewhere first if they were feeling bad, rather than just drop like a switch shut off.

Deleted
    Iam envious of birds they have such efficent lungs

Oddly enough, yes. When I was younger, we were about to enter my grandmother's house when my sister looked up and a bird fell dead into the street. We never let her live that down.

I saw a crow drop dead once. Just caught it falling on the other side of the road. I had wanted to rescue it incase it was just injured, but by the time I turned around it was already dead for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saw one once in Rome, might have been because he hit a window, not sure about that.

But it did quite a huge noise when it touched the ground. Still looked as if it was unharmed, but there was no doubt he wouldn't move again from that sound, must have been completely messed up inside
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I saw a mountain goat drop dead off the side of a cliff and onto a couples parked car. I laughed my ass off.
    I've never seen the hilarious side in other peoples misfortune. I don't get "Funniest Home Videos" where the funny is people being hurt. I guess schadenfreude just isn't part of my psyche. I just feel sorry for people.

On topic - yes, a few times. The reason it's hard to spot happening is because if you subconsciously see a bird dive in your periphery this isn't going to draw your attention - birds dive all the time. If they fall out of the sky and hit anything other than glass you're unlikely to even notice unless it's either a large bird, or for some reason you did happen to be looking straight at it. If it hits glass, you're going to presume it was a bird flying into glass, not a dead bird spiralling out of the sky.

In other words, you generally need to already be spending a fair amount of time watching birds for the opportunity to come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.