Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheros View Post
    Except the point is the timer, and the rarity, and if you don't get it then tough.

Keep beating yourself to death for it if you want...
    I believe their point is why is Blizzard claiming it wasn't meant to do more than once, yet they added pretty rare items from it, knowing full well people are going to run it over and over again until they get it?

In my opinion, they should of made the Flames of Ragnaros BoA if anything, since most people are probably going to do it once for their helm on every level 100 they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I believe their point is why is Blizzard claiming it wasn't meant to do more than once, yet they added pretty rare items from it, knowing full well people are going to run it over and over again until they get it?

In my opinion, they should of made the Flames of Ragnaros BoA if anything, since most people are probably going to do it once for their helm on every level 100 they have.

Because those people, not to be blunt, have a problem. They're the one's that'll do something over and over regardless of how mind numbing or silly it is in order to get an item that's INTENDED to be rare...all the while blaming Blizzard for putting the item in there in the first place.

That's not healthy.

An ordinary person would run it once for the helm...if they got the pet they'd smile and be happy, if they didn't they'd just shrug and move on. The one's complaining are those that think that if an item is in the game they deserve it simply for playing. Which isn't how it works, RNG and all that.

Personally I think they hate on it because they miss out on all the gold they could've made selling it as opposed to actually having the pet themself.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    I like the crown, and the mount is cool. Run it even a second time, however? I don't think so. All the bosses need to at least have a chance to drop something worthwhile.
    No they don't. Its not a normal raid, its an Anniversary Event where players who didn't get to do it in Vanilla can see the inside at a difficulty that is more level appropriate than just stomping it on a level 90 or 100 toon.

They do not owe you anything, and anything and everything you can get from it is a bonus.

Stop whining.

If you're upset at a low drop rate and have to run something multiple times... why not just ask for it to be 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    If you're upset at a low drop rate and have to run something multiple times... why not just ask for it to be 100%?
    complaining about drop rate of a shitty pet and some cosmetic fire enchant that also looks like shit. Mind=blown

Yea I did think that,

I mean I get the low drop rates, but if totally don't get how they thought "they'll only run it once" logic

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they make it more accessible as it nears the end. As it stands getting a whole raid to clear it without taking 4 hours is almost impossible, every time I've done it it's wipe after wipe after accidental trash pull and another wipe. I did it about 5 times and luckily got the pet and can't even stomach going back for the enchant.
    I guess I can wish they'll make it 20man lfr on the last week. So everyone can get the mount (or grind out pet/enchant).

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Because those people, not to be blunt, have a problem. They're the one's that'll do something over and over regardless of how mind numbing or silly it is in order to get an item that's INTENDED to be rare...all the while blaming Blizzard for putting the item in there in the first place.

That's not healthy.

An ordinary person would run it once for the helm...if they got the pet they'd smile and be happy, if they didn't they'd just shrug and move on. The one's complaining are those that think that if an item is in the game they deserve it simply for playing. Which isn't how it works, RNG and all that.

Personally I think they hate on it because they miss out on all the gold they could've made selling it as opposed to actually having the pet themself.
    An item shouldn't be both rare (as in an extremely rng drop chance) and be limited in terms of acquisition time. This is actually similar to the bullshit exclusivity of Scarab-lord during vanilla.

I guess classic MC even brings back eras of the game that should be forgotten always and forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    No they don't. Its not a normal raid, its an Anniversary Event where players who didn't get to do it in Vanilla can see the inside at a difficulty that is more level appropriate than just stomping it on a level 90 or 100 toon.

They do not owe you anything, and anything and everything you can get from it is a bonus.

Stop whining.
    Critiquing the implementation of a rather controversial "Anniversary" event and whining are two separate things you obvious lack the capability of distinguishing. Regardless, it seems as if they want to push the rare and exclusive package similar to how vanilla actually was, which is stupid and only furthers to show how archaic vanilla raiding and systems were compared to now. That doesn't mean we should embrace them for the ability for "everyone to live the vaniller dream once again", because vanilla was shit.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2014-12-09 at 11:23 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

If they put more loot in Molten Core it would have cost us a raid tier.

Deleted
    It's a bit annoying.

I ran MC once with my guild and it frankly went fairly quick, but running LFR would be like pulling teeth.
    Usually I'll run content to get anything it offers, especially if it's exclusive - but that weapon enchant thing can sod off, how long and painful MC is to pug and how un-likely the enchant is to get finally crosses the line for me. I've a bank rammed with random bits of old world crap from ghost finders to unobtainable gear and the thing from the AQ quest line that can deputize people, but I'm not going to farm LFR.

If blizzard ever re-impliment it in the future, I'll happily solo grind MC for it.
    If not, that's a shame, but I'm not running LFR endlessly for it.

Hatespark also cost me about 18k since it didn't drop for me, but that seems a resonable price.

Deleted
    Hell, I was close to not even running it once, even though I definitely wanted the head and thought the mount was cool. Eventually I did it, but I can't imagine anyone doing it more than once for those drops. Run it 30 times, hate yourself, get the pet, be happy for 10 minutes... then it's just another shitty pet you spent ages getting. I can't imagine how people justify doing it several times, it's so dull. I would honestly rather spend that time farming meat and selling on the AH, would probably net enough money to buy the drops

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ... So why do you put 3% and 10% rare drops on only the last boss?

I will never understand Blizzard's backward-ass logic.
    To relive the nostalgia of Vanilla when one person, every 1000 runs, got Eye of Sulfuras or a piece of Thunderfury.

People wanted a "return to the roots" of WoW, they got it.

Anything can be harmful when taken to an extreme. Even moderation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Because they want those people that got it to feel special. I don't get it either, it's a very minor thing that will go away forever after this event is over. I would up the drop rate to 30-40% chance for the pet and the enchant on the last two weeks of the event. It is borderline sadism on Blizzard's part to put such a low droprate on an item that requires an insane amount of time and dedication to acquire. I have to say Kudo's to anyone that has run that piece of shit raid more than twice.
    I snipe for groups that are at one of the endbosses, and if I need to do some solo activity I will just teleport out and let them do the instance, and port back just by the end. Fortunatelly it is actually possible to do the legendary questline in a raid group.
    Yeah, that is the behaviour that is rewarded, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post

Stop whining.
    "I think no matter how something is obtained in-game, you should be grateful that it even exists in the first place."

What a fucking awful non-argument. You may as well have said "cause Blizz said so."
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    "I think no matter how something is obtained in-game, you should be grateful that it even exists in the first place."

What a fucking awful non-argument. You may as well have said "cause Blizz said so."
    Honestly, both sides of the argument are kind of useless.
    "This super rare cosmetic is too hard to obtain" - Yes, that's why it's super rare. It's intended.
    "Ok, then I want Blizzard to stop having super rare cosmetics drop!" - Fine, go tell Blizzard that. I don't think they care because it's a special event, but hell, let them know you're not satisfied with their design. Whining about it here is not really helping anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Because they want those people that got it to feel special. I don't get it either, it's a very minor thing that will go away forever after this event is over. I would up the drop rate to 30-40% chance for the pet and the enchant on the last two weeks of the event. It is borderline sadism on Blizzard's part to put such a low droprate on an item that requires an insane amount of time and dedication to acquire. I have to say Kudo's to anyone that has run that piece of shit raid more than twice.
    That's the exact reason why it's difficult to obtain. If it was a major upgrade or a mount it would be 100% so people weren't forced to run it (and guess what they were 100%). It's the same reason the green fire quest was never nerfed (you can argue gear nerfed it but the encounter itself was never nerfed). If you REALLY want the shiny thing then you'll farm it and feel even more special when you do get it.

For the rest of who don't give a shit it's a bonus if we do and we won't be bothered if we don't.

They shouldn't have put low drop rate items in something they only intended people to do once. Low drop rate items exist to encourage people to do things multiple times. If it was just about making them rare, they would be gone from the loot table after the first run, like the world rares.

As it stands, they're encouraging repeated visits to something that not a whole heck of a lot of people ever actually want to repeat, and it's restricted to a time which is not only busy IRL but also coincides with the start of raiding. Then they removed the lockout on it. So you can run it again and again and again. Which makes it so that if you fail to get the pet or illusion the only element you can blame is yourself for not running it enough. Putting people under pressure like that makes for a lousy celebration.

I mean yes, it does suck there is rare drops from this terrible raid, but not every item in the game is meant for every single person to have. When everyone has a cool item it really is no longer cool anyway (like the wings from the faire, the corehound mount, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Pheros View Post
    News flash: No one is forcing you to re-run it.

If you don't get the rare items, tough luck. Blizzard's logic is: It's not a required item, it's ok for it to be rare and eventually not in the game anymore. They've done it with plenty other items...
    STOP SAYING THIS.

Stop saying you don't 'have' to do anything.

Do I have to level to 100? NO.
    Do I have to do ANY end game? NO.
    Do I have to use fireball as a fire mage? N.O.

It's getting ridiculous, every single thread where someone is asking a question regarding the legitimacy of something in the game you get a bunch of people telling us how much it's down to us and we don't have to do anything.

Just because it's not ABSOLUTELY mandatory doesn't mean there's not a lot of reason to do it. They say it wasn't intended to be done multiple times, but that's not true. The entire reason that there are low drop pets in the raid are because they want people to go back and do it so that players have a chance to get it down later on down the line (as it would be very hard to get a 40 man group otherwise). It is entirely intended that some people will go back and do it again - NO - you don't 'have' to do it; But if you're someone that happens to want every pet in the game, yeah you do. AND YES, I GET IT, ITS YOUR CHOICE IF YOU WANT EVERY PET - Everything in life is a choice. EVERY-THING. Name one thing in life that isn't a choice. Dying is a choice, yes, you can die if you want, it's entirely down to you. So tired of seeing "Don't do it if you dont want to" in every God damn thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    STOP SAYING THIS.

Stop saying you don't 'have' to do anything.

Do I have to level to 100? NO.
    Do I have to do ANY end game? NO.
    Do I have to use fireball as a fire mage? N.O.

It's getting ridiculous, every single thread where someone is asking a question regarding the legitimacy of something in the game you get a bunch of people telling us how much it's down to us and we don't have to do anything.

Just because it's not ABSOLUTELY mandatory doesn't mean there's not a lot of reason to do it. They say it wasn't intended to be done multiple times, but that's not true. The entire reason that there are low drop pets in the raid are because they want people to go back and do it so that players have a chance to get it down later on down the line (as it would be very hard to get a 40 man group otherwise). It is entirely intended that some people will go back and do it again - NO - you don't 'have' to do it; But if you're someone that happens to want every pet in the game, yeah you do. AND YES, I GET IT, ITS YOUR CHOICE IF YOU WANT EVERY PET - Everything in life is a choice. EVERY-THING. Name one thing in life that isn't a choice. Dying is a choice, yes, you can die if you want, it's entirely down to you. So tired of seeing "Don't do it if you dont want to" in every God damn thread.
    It's the people who think Blizzard can do no wrong. These people are best ignored. I love the game but I don't let that blind me to the fact that there are glaring issues with elements within the game (such as Molten Core).