Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I have tried 3 times to watch the full first episode but I just can't do it....

I lost all interest after the the big guy prison banged the blonde chick.
    What on earth have you been seeing? are we still talking bout GOT?

Deleted
    Is it me, or is the vast amounts of crack that you are smoking affecting your judgement?

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    That's kind of missing the whole point of the series. The Others are supposed to be the looming threat in the background, the bread and butter of the series is the political intrigue. I that isn't your thing then that's cool, but it's very intentional that the Others are not in the forefront.
    The political intrigue was cool...for a while. Then the whole "looming threat" wasn't developed in any way. It could've been this lovecraftian thing that slowly seeped south of the wall...etc as winter slowly arrives forcing everyone to band together or die...or wait for the dragons to come and save them (still not a conflict as long as those are around). I applaud the decision to not have classical "wizards" and make it a very human story. The characters are great, just the pace is abysmal. For all of their faults, almost every character is innately human, a very difficult task to achieve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengel View Post
    The political intrigue was cool...for a while. Then the whole "looming threat" wasn't developed in any way. It could've been this lovecraftian thing that slowly seeped south of the wall...etc as winter slowly arrives forcing everyone to band together or die...or wait for the dragons to come and save them (still not a conflict as long as those are around). I applaud the decision to not have classical "wizards" and make it a very human story. The characters are great, just the pace is abysmal. For all of their faults, almost every character is innately human, a very difficult task to achieve.
    The threat beyond the Wall is built up, it's just mostly confined to the northern plot points. And as the series is seven books long it's understandable that it takes so long to get going. It would be poor pacing if the threat of the Others significantly progressed before the end of the first book. Which is where you are yes? How can you say the pace of the myth arc is too slow when you're only 1/14th of the way through the series. And to be honest the first few books at least are pretty fast paced. Storm of Swords especially is packed full of twists and turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll64 View Post
    I played the telltale game, and I loved it. I watched an episode of it, and was amazed. The show was so incredibly bad that it was good.

What I experienced: Sudden scene about a guy doing a chick in the bedroom, they soon stopped, and the guy grabbed her neck and killed her. Like WTF is that?

Second: A gay servant shaves the king, then stabs his chest and says it was an accident, to make it up, he takes off his pants and blows the king. Lol

Third: The child of a queen or whatever, is sucking or her breats while she screams at the main characters, why would the child be doing that if she's pissed?

Fourth: The ugly dwarf, takes a shield then he destroys the face of a guy, and smashes it in his face like 30 times before he gives up.

I'm sorry but this tv series are horrible, so horrible that they become good. I wonder, is this the reason why people like it aswell? That is sucks so much that they have to watch? I wonder.
    what the fuck is this

are you going for a troll of the year award?
    <insert witty signature here>

Read the first three books years ago, it was mediocre fantasy writing. Just glorified violence and constantly killing off all of his characters, not even a little bit interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    That's kind of missing the whole point of the series. The Others are supposed to be the looming threat in the background, the bread and butter of the series is the political intrigue. I that isn't your thing then that's cool, but it's very intentional that the Others are not in the forefront.

Ummm...Are you for real? So stuff doesn't make 100% sense to you, and that makes it bad? You obviously jumped in and watched a random episode, and that shaped your opinion of the whole fkng show? You're a child trying to be smart. That's my opinion of your post.

ugh this thread doesnt even merit a response. OPs name auto discredits him form ever having a legitimate post/

If you were to read the books, or watch the series, you would understand what is happening.

Just because *you* dont get it or have the capacity to understand does not mean the show is dumb. It is an amazing show from every angle.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    ugh this thread doesnt even merit a response. OPs name auto discredits him form ever having a legitimate post/

If you were to read the books, or watch the series, you would understand what is happening.

Just because *you* dont get it or have the capacity to understand does not mean the show is dumb. It is an amazing show from every angle.
    Well I mean it's got it's flaws. Dumbed down plots from the books, gratuitous sex appeal.

Deleted
    It is good, because I was completely surprised by the dinner scene, and just that makes the whole serie good.

It is very bad, because it is obvious sex, sex and sex, then they add some completely new stuff out of nowhere close to the end of the season to make you want to watch next season. Spoiler : I mean, the way magic stuff just pops out of nowhere end of season 1 or 2, is poorly worked.

It is very good because it shows what politic is : completely incompetent people that were just born in the right place at the right time, and inherit. Nothing to do with skill. Lancaster father is an exemption, and his relation with his son are interesting and well worked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheinz View Post
    It is good, because I was completely surprised by the dinner scene, and just that makes the whole serie good.

It is very bad, because it is obvious sex, sex and sex, then they add some completely new stuff out of nowhere close to the end of the season to make you want to watch next season. Spoiler : I mean, the way magic stuff just pops out of nowhere end of season 1 or 2, is poorly worked.

It is very good because it shows what politic is : completely incompetent people that were just born in the right place at the right time, and inherit. Nothing to do with skill. Lancaster father is an exemption, and his relation with his son are interesting and well worked.
    Out of all the vicious obsceneties perpetrated in that show, you find sex the most egregious? I realize that sometimes those scenes aren't entirely needed outside of painting the picture of the world more closely, sometimes not even that. I'm still perplexed why sex is so bad in your opinion. Cut off heads on spikes and torture scenes are fine, naked people are an afront to everything good in this world?

10+ Year Old Account
    You all know that this show's setting takes place in a alternate version of a medival Great Britan, right? The Middle age was a dark time span, thus the name "dark age"

So with that said, during the middle age people killed, murdered, raped, fucked and tortured each other left and right. There were also many political gambits, wars, betrayals and so on going on. If you exclude the Zombies and Dragon, GoT could be a zynical documentary.

I've read the books. I agree the books 4 and 5 are rather boring, but Mr Martin picks up the pace again. The first season was very close to the source material. The second one however drifted away from being close and with all the smaller changes the third season was very different.

I have read all the books.
    I reached a point, around book 4, that I just skimmed over the entire clusterfuck of a story just to see who was dying (and I cared so little I can't even remember who they were). Because we all know that that is the only thing people care about this series.

Lost all interest when they started throwing those mumbo jumbo "a smoke demon just poppe out of my womb for reasons" around
    Last edited by ohshift; 2014-12-17 at 11:56 AM.

I admit the show is a little over hyped. But it has great acting and a few decent cliff hangers. I do see a problem with it not going anywhere because it feels like it was going places in the first few seasons. Now it feels like it is standing still, and yes, I do understand it does have it's reasons. But it more or less has turned into a "ahh look what a fine dinner I wonder who is going to die next" show instead of a "this vast story is going on across a vast world, omg that person died?!?!" show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Read the first three books years ago, it was mediocre fantasy writing. Just glorified violence and constantly killing off all of his characters, not even a little bit interesting.
    But that's just like you opinion, man.

Considering how it's one of the most watch TV shows in the world and a top selling novel I think a lot of people would disagree wit you.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Welp, if you actually watched from the first episode, and got to know the characters, you could have understood their motivations behind those actions.
    The first time I saw Sons of Anarchy, it was somewhere in Season 3. Cops are outside, some guy has some woman hostage. Fine. This blonde biker rides up, swag walks past the cops into the building, cops do nothing. He gets into an axe/fire extinguisher fight and wins. Later, a really, really terrible actress screams and shoots her partner. I lol and turn it off, wondering how anyone would possible watch that shit.

A year later, i started watching from the beginning and loved the series. Seeing that scene again, it all made sense. The actress was still very, very bad.

Game of Thrones is awesome. OP is banned for a reason, and his name is trollsomeshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

It is you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

10+ Year Old Account
    you didnt even watch the first fucking episode and you're making half-assed opinions off of a random episode in season 1 or 2....congrats you're an idiot

it's good because it brings to life an awesome series of books, and simple people can usually understand what's going on (but usually those simple people have the common sense to start from episode 1... so what do i know)
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz