Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

"Playstyle changes shouldn't be made via a hotfix"

Well, about damn time they realized that.

Here's to hope we get some bones on monday.

10+ Year Old Account
    im expecting something along the lines: 90% of warlocks specs into perma-terrorguard so we gonna nerf its dps by 50% to promote diversity, trust us ,other lvl 100 talents are fun.

I actually don't particularly mind cataclysm. It has its place and uses.

But that said, its no replacement for a completely broken AoE rotation.

Hopefully, recognizing that it was a mistake and a poor way of removing it from our single target rotation, they will make adjustments so that we can sustain AoE on 4+ targets again.

Here's my guess:

Afflic buffed by 5%.
    Demon buffed by ~10%
    Destro remains untouched.

Demon doing less dps than destro is awful design. You should do more dps if you work harder, they stated this once but are not keeping true to their word.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Here's my guess:

Afflic buffed by 5%.
    Demon buffed by ~10%

Demon doing less dps than destro is awful design. You should do more dps if you work harder, they stated this once but are not keeping true to their word.
    lets hope its gonna be a shard-regen buff, instead of a flat buff to agony/ua/corruption
    10% Shadowboltbuff Kappa
    considering they nerf opmonk and ophuntard, destro is gonna be in the right spot

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    lets hope its gonna be a shard-regen buff, instead of a flat buff to agony/ua/corruption
    10% Shadowboltbuff Kappa
    considering they nerf opmonk and ophuntard, destro is gonna be in the right spot
    Owls will reign supreme. I have absolutely no idea why they don't nerf them just a tad, but Balance is pulling absurd numbers on Imperator, Tectus and to a certain extend on Brackenspore while still being very good in the other fights.

And our mages already are rocking hard with funneled multistrike gear, simcraft does also show a distinctive edge in higher gear levels, I wonder how many locks we'll see in high end progression guilds. For now Paragon & Co are gearing up their Shadows, Hunters, Owls and of course Monks.

Here's my guess:

Afflic buffed by 5%.
    Demon buffed by ~10%

Dont think demo will be as buffed as much as you think...but I agree destro will likely be untouched.
    Graviity

@gravity

I don't think they can mess up demon if they buff longbolt (to feel it's worth casting, mostly) or demonbolt because they're purely single target.

Anw, the good thing about it is that we have nothing to fear for tomorrow! Au contraire, I expect good news =p

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    Dont think demo will be as buffed as much as you think...but I agree destro will likely be untouched.
    Yeah, outside of bug fixes Demo is fine for the the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like how it is with Subtlety? Oh wait we only get rewarded with positional requirements.

I'm betting shamans will get buffed and warlocks will become worse than ele.

IMO, demon is already fine, and fixing AD would help to demonstrate this, but it should be a little better than fine.

@Nalira

I swear I was thinking about rogues. IIRC it was an answer about rogue rotations by blizz: the goal is that the most difficult specs should be rewarded more by optimal play. Like I said, it's not true to their word with demon (or rogues, like you said).

Yay Shaman, Mage, Warrior buffs - All the classes that already SIMcraft the same or higher than Warlock!

We are going to be so far behind the pack on single target wtf is blizzard doing.

IMO, demon is already fine, and fixing AD would help to demonstrate this, but it should be a little better than fine.

@Nalira

I swear I was thinking about rogues. IIRC it was an answer about rogue rotations by blizz: the goal is that the most difficult specs should be rewarded more by optimal play. Like I said, it's not true to their word with demon (or rogues, like you said).
    Being 30% behind 6 classes is not "fine".

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    im expecting something along the lines: 90% of warlocks specs into perma-terrorguard so we gonna nerf its dps by 50% to promote diversity, trust us ,other lvl 100 talents are fun.
    Its bound to happen 8(.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Yeah, outside of bug fixes Demo is fine for the the most part.
    No it is not; it is far from fine.
    Last edited by G3istly; 2014-12-08 at 05:25 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    No it is not; it is far from fine.
    Care to explain why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much done for locks since they just recently were buffed in a hotfix. They only acknowledge doing a knew jerk nerf was a bad idea, doesn't mean they regret the changes necessarily. There'll probably be some Hunter and Warrior nerfs thrown into the mix, along with significant buffs to shammies and mages, maybe rogues.

The recent so called buff was not a buff..when 6.0 launched locks got hit by a 30% nurf because it was over performing at 90..well its 100 and we only got back 20% of the 30%!! We are still owed another 10% as affliction...

Shard management is an issue...today lock don't haunt and rather wait for the 2nd shard for SB:Haunt! Sure shard may be easier to come back once we get into 4pc bonus but that should not be the case...

AE is a disaster I want to see seed proc from all damage not just the warlock!

Last I hate that our DoT's are easily healed even by DPS unless we haunt+drain...Is like to see drain be a non use until execute range and big chunk of haunt damage moved to Dots!

Deleted
    I actually doubt that demo buffs are coming, because the fact is that we're in that "fine" zone ie. we're not OP, but we're not horrible either. We're top 5 material on some fights, but not on all of them, and judging by the blue quotes on the front page, that's what Blizzard is aiming for.
    If anything, we may see a slight AoE buff for Destro, as they stated that they're watching RoF closely, and what sort of impact this catastrophical nerf has caused.