How to maintain dps on Brackenspore?

So before my guild got to Brackenspore, I was looking at logs and streams of highmaul, and it seems like Brackenspore is a fight where the mages do quite well. One stream had some mage in 640's gear doing more than 24k dps over the entire fight.

But after killing the boss earlier tonight with my guild. I just have no idea how this is supposedly the fight where we do the most dmg in Highmaul. Yes, the 30% haste shroom is very nice when active. But the fight just makes it so hard to play properly imo.

-I have to run from mushroom to mushroom constantly. Ice Floes can't keep up
    -The casting slow of the mind fungus is a hastle to deal with. You either spend some time running, or you take a chunk of time to have it killed a the speed of gimped dps
    -The constantly spawning adds combined with movement during the fight in general just makes it very hard to know when is a good time to use CD's, "do i use it now, or wait for the flesh-eater and hope the tank doesn't immediately pull them to a different place right as I pop CD's and completely waste them.

I'm sure I'm missing something in the fight, I do just fine on the other fights so far, it's just this fight so far where my performance doesn't seem to scale properly agains't other frost mages.

Hope you guys have some tips for me

-Blink
    -You're meant to have your melee help with it so it dies in 2 seconds and no-one runs anywhere
    -Maxing overall dps and maxing dps on prio targets are always somewhat contrary targets, you'll just have to choose what's best

Nothing special to it outside trying to max dps while blue mushroom is up I guess(?).

I'm the flamethrower on brackenspore. I use blink and burst of speed constantly so I find more moments to kills adds and hit the boss. You can glyph blink and you get to use it more often. You aren't gonna get stunned on this fight so you have that viable option. I hero on the first blue mushroom and blow icy veins there to maximize my dps since I have to fill another role during the fight so we win. If I wasn' having to run around doing gardening I could easily do 25k+ dps if not 30k with 3+ blue mushrooms. Hope this helps you out.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2014-12-08 at 06:48 AM.

Alright thanks for the feedback.

A few followup questions

- How long should the rejuvinating mushrooms be keept alive? Ours didn't really seem to get kept alive too long, it seemed like whenever a mind fungus spawned while we were stacked on a beneficial mushroom, the healers would let it die
    - How does your raids handle spore shooters? Obviously you want to kill them quick, but I'm talking about the spore shot thing, which does aoe. We were having the raid take heavy aoe dmg while we were stacking on mushrooms. So in the end I basically decided on my own to run out of whatever mushroom we were standing in when shooters spawned in order to eat spore shots from one of them until they died