Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Same here OP. Only sweet things I can have is some fruit and juices.

You're not alone, op. Then again I don't eat anything that isn't "food" (candy, cake, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Happened naturally to me as I got older and became more mindful of the sugar content I was consuming. The less sugar you have the lower tolerance you have to it.
    Yeah this. The ladies used to bring sweets and baked goods to the office and when you eat those for a while you get used to the sugar. Now some things seems extremely sweet to me and I don't like eating them. I probably could get used to the sugar again over time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    i love myself some
    http://www.amazon.com/Jolly-Rancher-...jolly+ranchers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Would this be a bad forum thread to announce the return of French Toast Crunch, then?

http://www.grubstreet.com/2014/12/fr...-for-sale.html
    my life is complete now.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Your taste naturally changes as you grow older, I used to be a fiend for sweet stuff but not anymore. When I have a smoke I do pref sweet over savoury though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Happened naturally to me as I got older and became more mindful of the sugar content I was consuming. The less sugar you have the lower tolerance you have to it.
    Yea, that or you just have different taste...honestly being "mindful" of what you eat doesn't change your taste buds.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Would this be a bad forum thread to announce the return of French Toast Crunch, then?

http://www.grubstreet.com/2014/12/fr...-for-sale.html
    No way I loved that stuff! And the commercial!! I remember it like it was just yesterday... And they're bringing back surge?? I remember that too! Damn nostalgia
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

10+ Year Old Account
    i hated surge. that stuff was gross.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

My sweet tolerance is astronomical. Not once have I ever felt sick from eating too many sweets and can shovel cakes into my gullet. I love frosting, and could probably eat a whole tub of the stuff with a spoon.

That said, I don't do any of the above because I do try to limit my refined sugar intake and to keep my girly-manish figure.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding me? Sweet food/drinks are like crack cocaine to me. I can eat sugar by the bucket! I have been looking for years for pure sugar cane, used to get it as a kid when we would go to California to visit family and once in a while the local grocer would get some.

I am 37 and I love sugary foods just as much as when I was 4!
    Although...I do not like cake frosting, I can eat a little on a cupcake but I dunno why I don't care for eating much of it.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Same OP. I used to like it when I was younger, but now I can't stand sugary food/snacks/drinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    No way I loved that stuff! And the commercial!! I remember it like it was just yesterday... And they're bringing back surge?? I remember that too! Damn nostalgia
    We still have Surge here

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate sweet things, but I'm not really a fan of pure sugar candies. Suckers, candy canes, gumballs, skittles, whatever. I would rather eat cake than pure sugar. But I also have a salty/savory tooth, and would rather have a nice savory meal than dessert in most cases.

I have a sweet tooth but in recent years I've become more mindful of the amount of sugar I'm consuming. I treat desserts and sweet snacks as something to have now and then rather than everyday necessities.

The only time I turn down sweets is right after I eat something savory. Otherwise, pile them on. Sweets, sweets for everyone!

Same, very little. i just laugh and think "oh globs, bags and spoonfuls of lovely diabetus, joy!" not that other shit does not have some form of sugar too, but oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Yea, that or you just have different taste...honestly being "mindful" of what you eat doesn't change your taste buds.
    Being mindful of sugar consumption tends to involve consuming less sugar which results in the lower tolerance due to said lower consumption. It's not a difficult connection to make.

Example: I used to love soft drinks, quit them a couple of years ago, now whenever I have them they taste like shit and make me feel like shit.
    Other example: I used to love the desserts my mother would make ever christmas, quit having regular desserts throughout the year, now can barely stomach a single bowl of mum's bonoffi pie.

Deleted
    It is funny. It seems like most people don't really like a lot of sweet stuff/sugar anymore when they grow older.
    I mean, sure, I do not eat much of either since it is bad for the physique, but if it wasn't, I still could easily live off nothing but sweets all day long. :>

lying is a sin

Quote Originally Posted by ESPG-1 View Post
    Am I the only one here that hates sweet food? Especially cakes, I can eat a little bit of it, but my threshold for sweet things is so low, more than a bit of sweet food makes me feel sick, I don't know how anyone can eat a whole cake.

I can eat a whole pizza just fine, but a slice of cake? Eurgh.
    I have one teaspoon of sugar in my tea/coffee, I remember when I was a kid I would put like 4+ in because I loved sweet stuff (what kid doesn't?) and ate whole bags of haribo and such (no I wasn't fat, I was and still am skinny)
    One teaspoon of sugar in my tea and one regular sized kitkat and my sweetness threshold has been reached for the next 3 hours.

This doesn't apply to fruit though, just candy, cakes, pies, chocolate etc.
    i don't believe that you're skinny

I don't enjoy sweets either, and things like cake is something I don't like at all. I love coffee and drink plenty daily but putting sugar in it I rather not drink it at all.

That said I love chocolate.

I don't hate it.. i just hate when people serve desert as the main course. For some reason people here think that apple strudel counts as proper lunch.. same with pancakes.

It just gives me a short sugar high and leaves me the rest of the day wanting for some proper food :/

Edit: oh my.. this was a 4 year old necro.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-12-04 at 08:06 AM.