10+ Year Old Account

DBM causing memory issues

hi there,

i am curious if anyone else has experienced this before i bring it up on the DBM forum @ elitist jerks.

when i updated my addons last week, one of them was DBM and one of the changes that was not immediately apparent to me was the forced 64 sound channel one. i lauched my game and been having memory issues the entire weekend. i did a UI reset as suggested by blizzard CS after a quick google search. the leaks were gone so decided to reinstall my addons again.

lo and behold, it was back the moment i did. however, this time, before i reset my UI again, i noticed a message from DBM in my chat saying they were now forcing 64 sound channels. i put it on 32 myself and didn't have a single problem since, didn't need a UI reset for it either.

any comments on the above? anyone getting the same? maybe this will fix it for you if you do.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    hi there,

i am curious if anyone else has experienced this before i bring it up on the DBM forum @ elitist jerks.

when i updated my addons last week, one of them was DBM and one of the changes that was not immediately apparent to me was the forced 64 sound channel one. i lauched my game and been having memory issues the entire weekend. i did a UI reset as suggested by blizzard CS after a quick google search. the leaks were gone so decided to reinstall my addons again.

lo and behold, it was back the moment i did. however, this time, before i reset my UI again, i noticed a message from DBM in my chat saying they were now forcing 64 sound channels. i put it on 32 myself and didn't have a single problem since, didn't need a UI reset for it either.

any comments on the above? anyone getting the same? maybe this will fix it for you if you do.
    Can you try disabling DBM and using the 64 bit sound channel and see if that also causes the issue? If so, the issue is not with DBM, but with WoW
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Can you try disabling DBM and using the 64 bit sound channel and see if that also causes the issue? If so, the issue is not with DBM, but with WoW
    will do when i get home. currently at work.

will reply after testing it.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.