Please help - can't zoom out in game

Hi. I have a problem since yesterday - I can't zoom out in game, when I try to do that it takes me straight to 1st person view. I can go to 3rd person by clicking home/end buttons, which change the view, but it's not zoomed out enough for me, I used to set the console command for like 50 yards I think, it gives me like 15 by default. I can zoom in just fine. I checked my keybindings for the camera - they are right, wheel up for zoom in and wheel down for zoom out. The mouse wheel is fine, even if I set the zooming out to a keyboard key it doesn't help, I still go to 1st person view immediately.

What's most frustrating is that I googled my problem, other had the same issue, but they got it fixed - either they had the zoom out key unbound (while mine is fine) or resetting the keybinds to default helped them - I did it, but no change. I also tried to delete the cache/wtf/interface folders, I resetted my keyboard/mouse keys to default (I have a gaming logitech keyboard/mouse), tried a different mouse, even reinstalled the game, but the issue is still there - when I try to zoom out it takes me right to 1st person view. Would appreciate any help.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming WoW.

Make sure in the Camera section of the Interface options, that you have your style set to never adjust camera.

/console cameraDistanceMax 15
    /console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 1

Are the default commands. You can only change it in the console:
    C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\config-cache
    scroll down to
    SET cameraDistanceMax "X"
    SET cameraDistanceMaxFactor "Y"

If I was at home I'd test it myself because I'm pretty sure I've seen this issue, but if no one has helped you by the time I get home I'll look into it.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Well, I executed EXACTLY those console commands yesterday, but it didn't do anything, now I tried it again and it's working (it's probably the 2nd command that helped)! I set my max distance to 50 though, but the zooming out works now. So thanks!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    Well, I executed EXACTLY those console commands yesterday, but it didn't do anything, now I tried it again and it's working (it's probably the 2nd command that helped)! I set my max distance to 50 though, but the zooming out works now. So thanks!
    It'll keep resetting if you don't do those commands in the console so I suggest changing that config file and making sure it's not the default settings in there causing it. You can change your max distance to 50 in that config file as well instead of 15.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |