Heroic Brackenspore

Hi,

we'll be attempting Heroic Brackenspore tonight. Heroic Butcher was a huuuge suprise last night and our initial plan had to be retweaked countless times. Obviously i want to avoid as many tweaks as possible in the future. It would be appreciated if anyone can share their insight regarding the fight.

We'll be going with 22 players: 2 tanks, 4 healers, 16 DPS.
    Last week we one shotted it on Normal and as me (mage) and our resto druid took the Flame thrower we didnt really practice much. We could however continue to go with us 2 doing it as we had practice but i'm not sure if we can handle 3.5 healing it.

Other than that, we'll nuke down every single add that spawns, putting melee on the big add and ranged on the smaller ones that are not on top of boss. We'll primarily be stacking under a shroom and move as a raid. Of course if anyone gets the dot that makes him explode, he'll step out.

What do you guys think? Am i underestimating something or..missing something?

Thanks in advance
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Keep the mushrooms (friendly ones) alive as long as possible.

Our general strat was to have 1-2 healers on the first blue to appear, while the rest dealt with raid/tanks with big CDs. And the other healers healed 2nd blue, while the others kept tank/raid alive.

Also keep the green one alive for as long as possible (blue will give you 100% mana back when it comes up so go all out here).

Be prepared to top off tank that will have 99% healing reduction.

Seriously keeping the green and blue mushrooms alive will make this fight a joke.

Edit: Make sure your flamethrowers stay aware as moss can creep up and cause trouble.

healers shouldnt be on flamethrowers, hunters are kinda ideal for it due to range and movement. Also mushrooms are a huge plus. kill adds asap especially spore shooters. everyone should kill big add not just melee.

i am new to the fact there is some dot that makes someone explode. And i killed the fight a few days ago.

4 healers for 22 man seems one too little.
    Having healer run the flames is not good idea too, because pumping up the blue shrooms is pretty hefty. I would recommend hunters doing flamethrower business, thats what they are ment for.

Big adds were only dealt with cleavedmg

The small caster adds should be kind of "tanked" by 2-3 people, meaning they form a los with their body to protect the stacked raid, so that ae splash doesnt hit the raid. We had them on priority list top. If the castslow shroom spawned in the camp, and the camp was at a blue shroom, everyone instantly killed it, if no blueshroom was there, we went out of the area, dotted it and let it slowly die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaijok View Post
    healers shouldnt be on flamethrowers, hunters are kinda ideal for it due to range and movement. Also mushrooms are a huge plus. kill adds asap especially spore shooters. everyone should kill big add not just melee.
    Wrong, it is viable for healers to be on flamethrower duty.
    I did it and still healed just fine, just have to be smart regarding timing.

OP, ignore big adds, just cleave/multidot them.