Possible Upcoming Blood DK Changes

Death Knights
    They feel Blood Death Knights are using their magic too much and aren’t using their weapon enough. They need to make them use their strikes again, but it likely won’t be in the immediate future.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...kly-News-Recap

What do you guys think about this? I personally LOVE the way my Blood DK feels and I feel our kit is VERY strong at the moment. Sometimes it sucks knowing you have a nerf/change incoming =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Changes =! nerf

It's possible, but they said nothing about blood survivability, damage, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Regardless I think most changes feel like nerfs. The problem is everything feels ideal know that I can't imagine any changes them making being beneficial.

We only really use our weapons for death strike and soul reaper. If they want us to death strike more, they are going to have to make us a loser health at a faster rate. I am thinking they might increase the recharge time on rune tap.
    Last edited by tkbaby13; 2014-12-08 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    Well I for one do enjoy the feel of blood right now. However the one thing I do feel we lack is the capability to build threat on single target without AOE spam.

So for me I'd like us to keep Death coil because its so useful for ranged pulls but I'd like for us to get heart strike back to use as a single target only strike. Now I can rest easy and not take mobs to china to avoid popping a sheep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying Blood currently.. but they are right we are using a lot of spells since they removed heart and rune strike. They didn't say they want us to use "Death" strike more, just strikes in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tkbaby13 View Post
    Regardless I think most changes feel like nerfs. The problem is everything feels ideal know that I can't imagine any changes them making being beneficial.

We only really use our weapons for death strike and soul reaper. If they want us to death strike more, they are going to have to make us a loser health at a faster rate. I am thinking they might increase the recharge time on rune tap.
    In all fairness, we're basically Blood Mages in big heavy plate armour with a giant runeblade, I don't mind the lack of actual weapon attacks.

That being said, I demand a minor glyph that turns death coil into Blood Bolt.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

They will nerf BB (we have said they would do this since beta) and likely just buff our strikes a little. Might even bring Blood Strike/Heart Strike back for you to use instead of Blood Boil on <=2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    They will nerf BB (we have said they would do this since beta) and likely just buff our strikes a little. Might even bring Blood Strike/Heart Strike back for you to use instead of Blood Boil on <=2.
    I'm very afraid that they will nerf BB, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. It's mostly useful for CM or gimmick fights, not progress.

My ideal solution would be re-introducing Heart Strike as another way to spend a blood rune, with some trade-off, e.g. SR at 1 mob, HS at 2-3 mobs, BB at 4+.
    Last edited by Vaxum; 2014-12-08 at 08:26 PM.

They need to change something, just using BB all the time seems stupid, makes no sense either to me, I can understand why they removed blood strike, but not heart strike.
    Since dk release for me Heart strike was one of the stand out signature blood abilities, the one weapon attack that could cleave, and death strike could be used in any spec.

I would rather have a weaker BB and heart strike back for bosses and such, just seems to make more sense. Other then that I am enjoying blood more then I have in the last 2 xpacks, I like the changes to some of our abilities, to me it feels like we have to be abit more proactive in our ability use then in the last 2 xpacks.