Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Cartel market is a great way for subs to make cash off preferred and f2p, and a great way for prefs and f2p to get access. I unlocked almost everything over the first 2 years I played preferrred, from gtn slots to Section x, buying cartel market stuff off GTN

I don't mind it. It really doesn't give anyone a huge advantage over the other. They have to make money in some way. And it is also a F2P game. They don't force you to spend anything.

I think that swtor cash shop is the worst of all I ve seen(I repeat, the worst of what I myself have seen, not the worst of any f2p game in the world ). The problem I have is the gambling packs. While it is true that you can buy everything in-game with game money, that does not make the shop any better. There are many things I like and I would have bought from the shop if they had a fixed price. Some armor sets and mounts for example.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I think that swtor cash shop is the worst of all I ve seen(I repeat, the worst of what I myself have seen, not the worst of any f2p game in the world ). The problem I have is the gambling packs. While it is true that you can buy everything in-game with game money, that does not make the shop any better. There are many things I like and I would have bought from the shop if they had a fixed price. Some armor sets and mounts for example.
    Cartel market is one of the few good in-game stores within MMO's, since everything bought from it CAN be sold for credits.
    The fact nothing you can buy can give you an edge over someone who doesn't use it is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I think the cartel market in SWTOr is one of the better ones just because I can buy whatever I want off the GTN for credits. No matter what comes from the cartel packs. I just don't take the risk.

If you're buying gambling packs hoping to get something specific, you're doing it wrong. You're falling for what any gambling setup has created. Just buy the packs and sell those. Make credits selling multiple packs or hypercrates and then buy for credits what you really want with credits to spare in most cases.

Stop falling for the lure of the packs and being disappointed when they do exactly what they are suppose to.

I use my coins now only to buy packs and sell them and there is nothing in game that I couldn't buy if I really wanted it.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-04-06 at 01:44 PM.

I believe that the cartel market is a great system. but i think that there should be some way to earn cartel coins in game. very very slowly of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jam0209j View Post
    I believe that the cartel market is a great system. but i think that there should be some way to earn cartel coins in game. very very slowly of course.
    There actually is a way to earn a few but the problem is it's so few you will never even realize it. About 20 at a time and only with achievements.

More coins needs to be added to more achievements. More encouragement for more play doing things in game.