Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Afghanistan.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Work. We met when we both doing research at the institution I used to work at.

At a plant nursery. I was picking up some tomato plants and she was there look at some flowers. I made a comment, she smiled so I asked her if she wanted to get a cup of coffee. She said no.

Then I saw her walking through the park. I asked her again and this time got her name. I told her 15 minutes max and she never had to see me again. She said okay.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Do they survive the impact? Or is this where your story gets real freaky?
    I was about to go with freaky, but then I had to go to the hospital.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    In Dalaran, and yes, we still live together

I had been away from WoW for a few months and a friend messaged me on facebook asking if I wanted game time to play and I said sure. I came back and joined the guild my mom is in. A few days later met this dork in guild chat when I mentioned that I enjoy listening to metal music while doing BGs and we started shareing favorite songs and bands. He thought I was a guy at first because of my personality in video games and then he asked if I had vent and I did. He heard my voice and said "oh..." literally all he could say "oh" I asked him what was wrong and he said "not to sound creepy but your voice is really hot" we became friends and talked until 5am the first night and then a few days later I asked him to be my boyfriend, that was almost 4 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 12 at the time, just a middleschool freshman (or w/e the English term is) when I met my GF through an Ex I was trying to get back together with. Three months later she broke up with me because her personal life was a wreck (parents going through a divorce and she was right in the middle of it..) and needed space. Then four years later, during my exams, she contacted me again, wanting to explain everything that happened. We stayed friends, and a year later we got back together. She stuck with me as I haggled my way through highschool, and then the first year of College when she got pregnant.
    As it stands now we live together, have a son and daughter (twins), will soon celebrate our 8-year anniversary and are getting married in May of 2015.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forever alone.

Unfortunately, the last cult dedicated to slaanesh was rooted out by witch hunters and now I have to start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    She's been attached to my right arm my entire life.
    You are in a relationship with your siamese twin? Creepy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    My biggest issue with most the women I've met in the last year or so, has been that only one of them have formed their own opinion on social/political/world matters. Nothing worse to me then talking to someone who just "cosigns" everything I say, rather then providing any real input... I don't have to agree or like what they say but if I wanted to talk to someone who just agreed with everything I say, I would just continue talking to myself.
    Wish more people thought like this. Then again, most people say they do, only to discover that they actually get all uppity if you have your own opinions and those opinions differ from theirs. I'm quite opinionated and I make sure that the people I date say they hold this view, that they like people with varied opinions because it's boring talking to someone who just agrees with everything you say, but they still get pissed off with me when I have an opinion on something that they disagree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    PlentyofFish - because at the time our work schedules were so conflicting we never would have met each other any other way even though we lived only 10 minutes from one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i never had a girlfriend or anything close to one so i cant answer that question xD maybe someday i can, but i dont really believe that by now :P

Match and eharmony sites, although it never works out in the end. I find it difficult to meet another girl into gaming as much as I am.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
    Match and eharmony sites, although it never works out in the end. I find it difficult to meet another girl into gaming as much as I am.
    This : ( And when you do, they always have something else wrong with them that makes the relationship not viable : ( There needs to be a dating site specifically for gay lady gamers.

Deleted
    Liked her photo on instagram, she added me on facebook.

Hurrah for social media.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Wish more people thought like this. Then again, most people say they do, only to discover that they actually get all uppity if you have your own opinions and those opinions differ from theirs. I'm quite opinionated and I make sure that the people I date say they hold this view, that they like people with varied opinions because it's boring talking to someone who just agrees with everything you say, but they still get pissed off with me when I have an opinion on something that they disagree with.
    I think it depends on the opinion ultimately.

If my fiance was a hard line third wave feminist we'd have a problem, because I find this branch of political activism to be repugnant. If she simply disagrees with me and holds her own rational opinions then it's immensely pleasurable to argue over them together, because you're not arguing with irrationality.

10+ Year Old Account
    mail order catalogue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    I think it depends on the opinion ultimately.

If my fiance was a hard line third wave feminist we'd have a problem, because I find this branch of political activism to be repugnant. If she simply disagrees with me and holds her own rational opinions then it's immensely pleasurable to argue over them together, because you're not arguing with irrationality.
    It's just a weird thing, like. People are like "I like people to have different opinions to me" but at the same time they are only alllowed to have different opinions on like a few issues that you find it acceptable to have a different opinion on. I mean, I guess it makes sense because like, i'd never date someone who held the opinion that like, what hitler did was okay or something, but... I dunno, it's just weird and makes stuff really difficult. Like... the lady I'm dating at the moment doesn't like arguments or conflict and stuff like that, and if she disagrees with me she'd rather just keep quiet than kick up a fuss. It's really frustrating at times because I'm like, you obviously disagree, stop being such a doormat! But at the same time it feels at least a bit more genuine than when people are like "yeah I love it when someone Im dating has different opinions to me because it's fun to debate and discuss things with someone who has a different perspective" only to find out that the things you have a different perspective on are outside their bounds of what is deemed acceptable to disagree with, and they end up in a strop with you over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    This : ( And when you do, they always have something else wrong with them that makes the relationship not viable : ( There needs to be a dating site specifically for gay lady gamers.
    Totally agree with you on all counts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
    Totally agree with you on all counts.
    We should get to know each other