Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How long will the Highmaul Raid Mission stay in my available queue?

I need to get 1-2 other followers to 345 to achieve better chance of success. And my luck today with Salvage crates and War Mill has sucked.
    Last edited by kumarshah; 2014-12-08 at 09:04 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I knew that too. I got nervous about it and sent everyone out when there was a 40ish percent of success. Failed on the first guy.

Highmail? new armor class? THat like under plate but above mail? :P
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Deleted
    It will probably stay for 2 weeks... my highmaul raid mission was in my log for 10 days before i finished it and then 4 days later i got the 2nd one... had 100% on that one both success yay

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno but make sure that your followers have over ilvl 650 gear before you go. I had a highmaul mission, 8hrs to complete, 95% chance of success, and it failed. My followers were i654, i656 and i652.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do these missions reward? I only have like 10 followers at 630'none at 645 yet

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    What do these missions reward? I only have like 10 followers at 630'none at 645 yet
    They give actual highmaul gear, it gives gear according to what you raid, including mythic. Have to raid it a few times though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psynyx View Post
    I dunno but make sure that your followers have over ilvl 650 gear before you go. I had a highmaul mission, 8hrs to complete, 95% chance of success, and it failed. My followers were i654, i656 and i652.
    You just had shit luck lol

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Deleted
    If you have the addon it shows you, it also shows you how many hours of those have passed since you got it. So, the timer for Highmaul mission is 336 hours I think, either that or 325, maybe 350?

not sure exact number but yeah, around that range, just get the mission addon, 'cause it makes life SO MUCH easier, especially if you have alts and doing this on alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    They stay up for 10 days.

Also, the actual ilvl of the follower has nothing to do with success rate as long as they bring the required ilvl for the mission.
    Use Master Plan + Mission Manager to see the actual % values (Blizzard UI is an estimate) and to never fail a misison again.

They stay active for 335 hours from the time they enter your log. You don't need 650+ only 645. Ilvl is just to gate who can actually do the mission and getting someone to 650+ will not increase the chance. Bringing more followers that have counters will.

My advice is to save up a fair bit of upgrade tokens, and then pick 2 followers and bring there level to 645. This will trigger the highmaul mission to activate in your mission window. Once you see the mission, select the follower that has 2 counters to the mission and use your upgrade tokens to bring him to your 3rd 645 follower. Because the mission counters needed is random, waiting to level the 3rd will give you the best chance at picking the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post

Also, the actual ilvl of the follower has nothing to do with success rate as long as they bring the required ilvl for the mission.
    Use Master Plan + Mission Manager to see the actual % values (Blizzard UI is an estimate) and to never fail a misison again.
    ^^ this. It doesn't matter if they're ilvl 9000, if they don't counter the abilities they'll likely to fail. Ilvl is only needed to match ilvl requirements.

I got my first one yesterday and passed with a 65% chance. I was lucky as my Leeroy countered two of the abilities on his own, plus has Ogreslayer. I could have sent Leeroy by himself and had like a 35% chance to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    They stay active for 335 hours from the time they enter your log. You don't need 650+ only 645. Ilvl is just to gate who can actually do the mission and getting someone to 650+ will not increase the chance. Bringing more followers that have counters will.

My advice is to save up a fair bit of upgrade tokens, and then pick 2 followers and bring there level to 645. This will trigger the highmaul mission to activate in your mission window. Once you see the mission, select the follower that has 2 counters to the mission and use your upgrade tokens to bring him to your 3rd 645 follower. Because the mission counters needed is random, waiting to level the 3rd will give you the best chance at picking the best one.
    It's random which you get, but there are only four combinations: www.wowhead.com/missions (it looks like more but those are for the different difficulty levels)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a cooldown or benefit to waiting? Like, does it reset on Tuesdays? If I have one Monday night (just got 1 today), should I just send it off with like 60% chance or should I wait to upgrade my 630 follower who has 2 counters to 645 to have a better chance? I.e. is there a reset weekly timer like garrison invasions and is there an internal cooldown, i.e. it will only have a chance to give the mission to you 7 days after you have started/completed it?

Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    Is there a cooldown or benefit to waiting? Like, does it reset on Tuesdays? If I have one Monday night (just got 1 today), should I just send it off with like 60% chance or should I wait to upgrade my 630 follower who has 2 counters to 645 to have a better chance? I.e. is there a reset weekly timer like garrison invasions and is there an internal cooldown, i.e. it will only have a chance to give the mission to you 7 days after you have started/completed it?
    Well, I can't speak on the weekly reset thing, but my understanding is the Highmaul missions have a two-week cd that begins when you receive the mission in your log. As in, whether you complete on first or last day, and whether you succeed or fail, you won't get another until at least two weeks after receiving it initially.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone else confirm that the internal CD to get the mission is 2 weeks from the time it shows up in your log?

it stays for 2 weeks

Deleted
    I had my first mission to highmaul 97% chance to win and it failed , so I demoted the 3 failers as they wernt worthy to follow me xD

Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    Can anyone else confirm that the internal CD to get the mission is 2 weeks from the time it shows up in your log?
    I am reasonably sure it is not two weeks. I have around 5 level 100 toons, and every one of them gets 1 Highmaul and 1 Blackrock mission each week if they qualify for it. That being said, what I do not know is if they are a "one per week" only thing. I am fairly positive that it is impossible to get two of them at the same time (ie, get one, and leave it up for the full 10 days or so that it lasts, so it bleeds over into the next week). I am reasonably sure that you will not get a new one untill you finish your current one.

That being said, just install Master Plan. Probably THE BEST mission assist addon for the garrison, and it comes with a tool that gives you a complete list of each of the important missions (all possible raid missions and special treasure / gold missions and the like) with helpful tips on which garrison followers you should level to complete the missions.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post

Not entirely true. If your characters are over the ilvl (up to +15 ilvl I believe), they do add a small bonus to mission completion, so ilvl is more than just a gate that says 'can this toon contribute to this mission success'