Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    It's more that there seems to be some communication issues within Blizzard. Half the Dev team doesn't seem to know what the other half is doing.
    "Devs didn't know 6.1 wouldn't have flying".

U wot Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    Ignore what should and shouldn't be the stat budget on the item. The more telling thing is the communication failures among the wow developers. After being told multiple times with confidence that it won't be nerfed, suddenly they do a 180 within 24 hours of one such affirmation.

There still seems to be some lingering issues with the organization and structure within Blizzard. Hopefully the people in charge can get it together.
    This exactly. This current Dev team seems confused, unorganized and rushed. This Dev team concerns me.

"Oh no, my super overpowered trinket is now only slightly overpowered, but still pretty damn good and worth more than every other trinket of the same level." -most of this thread

Someone made a mistake in an interview. It's what happens when so many people are working to balance things. Communication will never be 100% perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't think you know what that means.

Jumping to conclusions would be if they were vague about it, they flat out said "We're not nerfing it". There IS no conclusion to jump to.
    I'm sorry, did you say something of value? Nope. Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaletaqa View Post
    "Oh no, my super overpowered trinket is now only slightly overpowered, but still pretty damn good and worth more than every other trinket of the same level." -most of this thread

Someone made a mistake in an interview. It's what happens when so many people are working to balance things. Communication will never be 100% perfect.
    they didn't make a mistake in the interview and that wasn't the first time they said overbudget trinkets would not be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    Actually they did make a valid point. There is nothing to jump to a conclusion about, if I said I was giving you this and I don't give you it. Then somehow you jump to a conclusion by expecting me to give it to you?

Now you on the other hand, brought nothing of value to the discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    Go back to tumblr with that logic.

Deleted
    Can I have Innervate back, then? When the devs said healers would have to worry about mana in WoD, I didn't think they meant only druids. Every other healing spec has one or more mana recovery tools.

Deleted
    was just about that buy it. Now not so much.

Thank you baby Jesus. Now I don't have to sell my soul to someone just to get an overpowered trinket that was required to keep on par with other healers. This isn't the first time something like this happened, if anyone remembers Tryande's Favorite doll from archaeology. Didn't get replaced until Dragon Soul. I guess blizzard just decided they'd catch this before it got out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoj View Post
    Can I have Innervate back, then? When the devs said healers would have to worry about mana in WoD, I didn't think they meant only druids. Every other healing spec has one or more mana recovery tools.
    Please show me where paladins have this? Yeah we don't. Druids are the best healers right now in the game. Get off the QQ train.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishoj View Post
    What do i have as paladin? Enlight me please.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    you don't go oom as a paladin unless you're doing something wrong. resto druids just go OOM cus they're balanced around a set bonus that is currently unobtainable. it's kinda cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by jakj View Post
    Item budget refers to stats, not secondary effects like mana returned on use. If they're not changing the stats, they're not changing the budget of the item.
    Did you really believe the bullshit information that you're spitting out there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    you don't go oom as a paladin unless you're doing something wrong. resto druids just go OOM cus they're balanced around a set bonus that is currently unobtainable. it's kinda cancer.
    Stop yourself please.

Deleted
    Yeah, topping healing atm and still at 70% when everyone elses ooms and we're fucked because can't aoe enough to solo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Please show me where paladins have this? Yeah we don't. Druids are the best healers right now in the game. Get off the QQ train.
    Tower of Radiance is huge. Glyph of Divinity is there as well (technically; it's not much).

Now, I realize some people don't know any more than what the prevailing mainstream gossip tells them, so they're still convinced of the "druid = best healer" which was concluded based mostly on 5-man dungeons in the beta. The reality, which is already becoming obvious to those with a clue, is that giving one of the healing specs literally nothing at all with which to recover mana is unbalanced for long-term raiding. But keep drawing your conclusions from Preach's class videos or whatever.

If you actually raid more than normal mode and keep a finger on the pulse of what's going on, you would be aware that paladins are more than fine mana-wise while resto druids face enormous problems already, even though we're not even in mythic yet, and that this will only get worse as the expansion goes on because the healing needs escalate while mana regen barely scales in the new system, especially for the class that relies exclusively on worn spirit.

It was becoming increasingly obvious that the overpowered candle was the thing keeping druids competitive beyond normal mode. The trinket needed a nerf, but they have to give druids mana tools if the class is to remain competitive in difficult content. Currently the problems are already showing and we're at the point where they're least severe, it'll only get worse. It's the first half of the first tier of the expansion, on the easier difficulties, and you can already see what's wrong.

No healer is currently HPSing significantly better than the others, but one healer has absolutely nothing whatsoever with which to recover mana while every single other healing spec does -- some more than others, but all far, far better than nothing. The problem can't really be summed up more plainly than that, and there can be no serious arguing that this is fine.
    Last edited by mmoc2a274d6a6c; 2014-12-08 at 10:47 PM.

I see the trolls saying "what did you expect" and so on.
    Well it's pretty obvious that when Blizzard states that they will not change the trinket and they still do we feel lied to.

It's not about the trinket for me atleast, seeing as its still extremely good (didnt spend an insane amount for the trinket tho), its about blizz not keeping their word. Whats going on over at the HQ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drefan View Post
    I see the trolls saying "what did you expect" and so on.
    Well it's pretty obvious that when Blizzard states that they will not change the trinket and they still do we feel lied to.

It's not about the trinket for me atleast, seeing as its still extremely good (didnt spend an insane amount for the trinket tho), its about blizz not keeping their word. Whats going on over at the HQ?
    Yeah, I'm a bit bummed at it being nerfed but totally amazed that they're so out of synch that they didn't know there wouldn't be flying in 6.1 and then totally go back on their word 24 hours later over this (which is different to the sword, I can see it being missed and then fixed but this was specifically mentioned as not going to be changed)

you don't go oom as a paladin unless you're doing something wrong. resto druids just go OOM are balanced around a set bonus that is currently unobtainable. it's kinda cancer.
    Or unless youre doing an extremely long encounter where damage is consistent on the raid. Let's see, which fight on heroic highmaul matches that description.....

Get a grip man. I see you on the pally forums all the time talking like you know how the class works. Unless youre perfectly fine letting the raid die while you spam holy light on the tanks, you should be helping out on the raid and you should see dips in your mana. If you end a fight with 70% mana you are doing something wrong and likely not contributing to the group as much as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That isn't even an argument or a counter point. It's just laughing at someone's decision while spewing out nonsense.
    The mana return was RIDICULOUS. If you didn't see this nerf coming than it's entirely your fault. The devs might not have realized it was happening, but all those healers ready to use a borderline exploit sure did.

So yeah, QQ.