Page 1 of 49
... LastLast

Americans: Are you cautious/fearful/weary/etc of your police?

Question in the title.

With high police shooting rates and the influx of ridiculous stories how is it to deal with cops on a day-to-day basis for you?

No, there is nothing for me to worry about. I do not plan on committing crimes any time soon.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing to worry about re the police. 99.9% of the time they are doing a tough job well. And most professions can't claim that.

Not at all. But I'm white and respectful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Question in the title.

With high police shooting rates and the influx of ridiculous stories how is it to deal with cops on a day-to-day basis for you?

No Problem at all. Obey the laws, and follow police's directions if it comes down to it and you'll be fine.

Break the law and try to resist arrest or fight them and your going to have big problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Not at all. But I'm white and respectful.
    ohboyherewego.jpg

white middle class male...so no.

Nope. I've never had issues with a nasty cop, the most that I've gotten was stopped because I looked like someone they were looking for, they let me go once I explained what I was doing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not in the least. I feel more secure if I'm in public and see an officer on duty in the area. That being said, I am not someone that disturbs the peace and warrants any attention from them.

I don't commit crimes and even if I decided I was if I got caught I would obey instead of trying to grab his gun.

nope why should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlunie View Post
    I don't commit crimes and even if I decided I was if I got caught I would obey instead of trying to grab his gun.
    Here it REALLY goes.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No reason to be since I'm not planning on doing anything that would require their interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Here it REALLY goes.
    whats there to "here we go" about, that is the facts of the case, there is no arguement to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Here it REALLY goes.
    Place your bets. Locked by page 3 or page 5?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    whats there to "here we go" about, that is the facts of the case, there is no arguement to be had.
    Derailed by the recent whatever happening around the U.S. right now.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.........

No, I don't have any problems with the police as a mature law respecting citizen. Now when I was younger my friends and I were harassed terribly by the police in the 90's, as we were the only kids with long hair and who wore some black clothes (we were the only metalhead kids around)...so to the cops we were just the scum of the earth. I've been hit a few times for no reason, thrown on the ground and cuffed, all because of my appearance (for the record I never got arrested or fined or in any kind of trouble). Now instead the cops have to deal with a town full of gang members who took over my town and turned it into a ghetto. Even with the police having harassed me in the past I still have no fear of them and KNOW the vast majority of police do good. Just because you've had a few bad meals in your life doesn't mean all cooks are bad. Just because some pilots have crashed planes and killed thousands of people over the years doesn't mean all pilots are bad. Just because some police are bad don't mean the near 300,000 we have in the US are all bad.

Not at all, Smaller town (Pop. 33,000) and I know a good 1/3 of our officers. they are diligent and really quite fair

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Question in the title.

None of this is new information nor is it an increase bad police behavior. In fact, police behavior is actually better than it has ever been, especially in places like New York since the 60s and 70s. The biggest change is that social media combined with network news push stories to the front of television and the internet (especially if it can be spun into a race war).

As for me personally, no there is nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Place your bets. Locked by page 3 or page 5?

- - - Updated - - -

Derailed by the recent whatever happening around the U.S. right now.
    overhyped bullshit like all other "race" killings or some such, just ignore and move on. Emotional scream racist at the top of their lungs for a week, then next week they forget about it. I just choose to ignore them, especially if your deciding based only on emotion and opinion.