Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Monk

2 50.00%
  • Priest

2 50.00%

Question Can't Decide Class...

Hey all!

I'm posting this on the Priest forums as well, but I thought I'd start here to get some information. I currently have 7 100's, none of which I'm really happy with (I attribute it to my ADD). I've (finally) come to the conclusion that I would be happiest as a (probably Holy, possibly Disc) priest or Mistweaver Monk. They both are very appealing to me for different reasons.

Priests: I absolutely love the raid utility of Priests. Specifically Leap of Faith, which is my favorite ability in the game, accompanied with all of the different raid CD's and tank-saving abilities. Plus, while I've always preferred Holy, it's nice to have a second healing spec to fall back on in case I fall out of love with Holy. The downside is, I hate levelling casters. I've had 14 characters at 90 and 7 100's, none of which I levelled in a caster spec. I'm not sure if it's just Priests in particular, but it just feels a lot slower. Plus, I can't connect as well with the lore-aspect of Priests. I understand the whole Holy Light thing, but it just doesn't resonate with me like channeling the power of mists does.

Monks: I really enjoy the feel of a monk. The class feels very fluid and fast-paced. I'm also very into the lore of monks, as I lived in China and Japan for three and a half years specifically to get more in touch with the history of the two countries. The thought of flowing mist through my allies to slowly restore their health while using a Jade statue to compound on that is just a really cool concept to me. Downsides are, I don't enjoy fistweaving. Like, at all. It's the same problem as Smite priests had for me back in MoP. If I'm going to be a healer, all I want to do is heal. If it becomes mandatory to fistweave to really push myself to the limit of the class, I'd rather look elsewhere. Secondly, I'm hearing that Monks may have more mana issues than other healers? I'm not sure if this is true or not, but while I push myself to the limits with my healing, I'm always really careful to have a steady supply of mana, because something in my brain is telling me "It's horrible to not have mana, ALWAYS!". Additionally, there's just not that much raid utility for Monks. While they have very high throughput, they lack some of the "cool" abilities you see on other classes.

If I could get your guys thoughts on this, I'd be very appreciative! Thank you!

We cannot decide on a class for you, it's personal and our opinions are not the same as yours; I could hate Monks and tell you to go Priest but someone else could say the opposite. It's the reason it's against the rules to post that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    We cannot decide on a class for you, it's personal and our opinions are not the same as yours; I could hate Monks and tell you to go Priest but someone else could say the opposite. It's the reason it's against the rules to post that question.
    My apologies! I was looking for more of a "Here's why I love X class". I was thinking that maybe somebodies reasoning may just click with my own thoughts and push me towards one or the other.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one can tell you what you would enjoy about a class. As such, these threads are typically closed.

Closed
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch