Deleted

The latest info was mostly PVE, how wil those affect pvp?

so i've watched most of the 2 videos with the developpers and they seem to want to make changes to classes that underperform or overperform in PVE, such as mages,shamans and warriors wich are underperforming and WW and MM hunters which are overperforming, but how will this affect PVP?

Mages and shamans getting buffed is actually good for PVP no doubt about that, buffing arms and fury is also going to allow warriors to step up a little next to the other elite melee (ret/fera/dk).

Now let's talk about the PVE nerfs that KILL a class in PVP, starting with windwalkers they arent the best right now in pvp, yet they will get nerfed cuz they have the highest dps in pve, so basicly they will be useless in pvp unless a mechanic change, same for glad stance warriors will get nerfed, they arent considered elite melee compared to the others but after the nerfs i dont know what to expect. as for MM hunters they are also getting nerfed cuz of high pve dps, in PVP that will also hit them hard unless the nerf is on killshot.

Basicly i just want to know your opinion about the devs fixing everything on PVE without taking PVP notice and AFTER that they come to fix PVP, how is this good i really don't see it, seems like the shut up pvp guy story again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It bugs me a lot. The Rising Sun Kick debuff was already nerfed from 20% increased dmg taken from the monk to 15% in a previous nerf and now it has been further nerfed to 10%. While damage isn't primarily a problem for WW monk (although I'd argue that most other melee besides rogues still have better sustained damage than WW monks do), it's still a nerf nonetheless on top of the other problems WW monks have.

It honestly annoys me how they can not add a few hotfixes here and there for classes that are struggling in PvP mechanics-wise. It really feels like a slap in the face :/

Another example is frost DK damage being buffed. I really don't get that change from a PvP POV.

in short little effect on pvp.

At least fire mage should be in a much better place now in pvp because of the buffs. It really needed a little something, and because of high ilvls in pvp fire really benefits from the buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    At lest this time around PvP got hit from PvE. That does not happen to often nowadays. Usually Warrior gets nerf due to PvP look Gladiator spec and any other spec over years that was good in pvp and got nerf hammer cause of pvp.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Small tunings like this often have very little effect on PvP. Some classes might be more or less favorable now, but in terms of comps/meta/balance it won't change much at all.

DKs, Mages and Shamans will do slightly more damage and Hunters and WW Monks will do slightly less.. but it won't suddenly stop you from getting Gladiator cause your damage was nerfed 5%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Small tunings like this often have very little effect on PvP. Some classes might be more or less favorable now, but in terms of comps/meta/balance it won't change much at all.

DKs, Mages and Shamans will do slightly more damage and Hunters and WW Monks will do slightly less.. but it won't suddenly stop you from getting Gladiator cause your damage was nerfed 5%.

this is mostly true imo. fire mages got +10% base crit + pyromaniac buff..that change could actually move some players up a bracket, it's basically a game play change because the spec relies on crit procs.

all in all; tuning changes that people were hoping might be balance changes .

Weren't frost DKs doing enough damage already? Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    Weren't frost DKs doing enough damage already? Wow...
    7% on 3 skills isn't going to change much. I'm still having no problem living against DK comps on my Priest or my Druid as long as I use my abilities properly. DKs are strong now unlike they were in MoP, but I don't really think they're as overpowered as people claim. Same goes for Ferals, actually.

How will a 10% dmg buff to ele change anything in how fast they get blown up in arena?

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I really don't get that change from a PvP POV.
    Theres a really simple reason for that. They don't balance for PvP.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Wait for 6.1 if you want some PVP fixes random changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    7% on 3 skills isn't going to change much. I'm still having no problem living against DK comps on my Priest or my Druid as long as I use my abilities properly. DKs are strong now unlike they were in MoP, but I don't really think they're as overpowered as people claim. Same goes for Ferals, actually.
    But..but..its the 3 spells that FROST Dk uses...
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

I'm surprised we didnt see any changes to paladin considering they are the only class that can dumpster you in 20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    I'm surprised we didnt see any changes to paladin considering they are the only class that can dumpster you in 20 seconds.
    Pretty sure ferals, mages, dks, prot wars, and hunters can do the same.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    Pretty sure ferals, mages, dks, prot wars, and hunters can do the same.
    I've seen everything but prot wars do that in 20 seconds.

Prot wars are just damned hard to kill, but even in that respect DKs live longer.

Just incase anybody is out of the loop completely, theses changes were made PURELY FOR PVE as the Mythic raid comes out tomorrow and some classes were clearly over/under performing. We probably wont see any PvP changes until a lot later in the season when people are reaching full gear and fighting for rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    But..but..its the 3 spells that FROST Dk uses...
    Even if all 3 of those skill hit for 20000, and they're each used 100 times in an arena match, it's still only an extra 420000 damage. That may sound like a lot, but not really when you figure that those skills don't each do 20k, and they won't be used 100 times each, so it's really not that much extra damage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    20 seconds is a long time, pretty sure every class in the game can land a kill within 20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    I've seen everything but prot wars do that in 20 seconds.

Prot wars are just damned hard to kill, but even in that respect DKs live longer.
    Then you've seen bad Prot Warriors, they do a lot of damage, comparable with most other classes.