Question Haven't played since launch. How is end-game now?

I played SWTOR at launch to 50 and ran into a dead-end with Ilum. How is the end-game play now?

Wow; no feedback on end-game now compared to 30-45 days after launch? (e.g. Ilum)

If all you got to was Ilum you never saw endgame it seems but I can only give you examples of the last end game stuff before the recent expansion.

Scum and villainy Ops was really good. It was a build up to Ops to the more interesting Dread Fortress and Dread Palace. Both Ops being rather good. The story behind it all started way back on Belsavis and those Ops wrapped it up rather nicely with some interesting mechanics and fight. I enjoyed them as well as the story.

The new end game has started off pretty well. Revan and that story is good but I have not had a chance to get into the new OPS yet. The 4 flash points that built up to them are good. Tells a good story and you can now solo those FP's if you need to as well as run them in a 4 man group HM. You can see the story and catch up 2 different ways but you will need to run them to see the new content and the path for it is laid out. It's easy to follow.

End game galactic star-fighter is fun but since your just coming back you would be behind the gun, literally. Until you could upgrade your ship, you would be farmed a bit. BW talked about making way for new people to get some base upgrades faster but nothing just yet.

End game PVP is OK like it is in most MMO's. It's decent. It's a new expansion so everyone is kinda the same in terms of PVP gear (but of course not talent). Haven't played much this week due to leveling but I would imagine it will fall into the same decent PVP aspect it was. The new talent tree changes are a similar system WOW but seems to offer more PVP options VS PVE so that might be interesting later on.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-12-10 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually come back for xpacs, lvl, then quit again lol. I had early access but just remembered today that the xpac launched...Shows how much I really care lol. I wish the 12x class xp was permanent, it's the only way I can lvl alts lol.

Thanks for the feedback! The core goal of my question is whether or not SWTOR does anything different than the traditional "world farm, PvP, raid, or daily" standard. Also, have they implemented any form of alternate advancement system so a max level character can continue building support skills, etc. (e.g. making gaining experience at max level apply to something else other than level?)

Quote Originally Posted by Floobie View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! The core goal of my question is whether or not SWTOR does anything different than the traditional "world farm, PvP, raid, or daily" standard. Also, have they implemented any form of alternate advancement system so a max level character can continue building support skills, etc. (e.g. making gaining experience at max level apply to something else other than level?)
    I guess you could consider the legacy system a secondary leveling support system. It's not fleshed out well beyond level 25 (it goes to 50).

It offers some nice perks but like I said, not too much after level 25. You can get the treek companion for credits instead of cartel coins at legacy 40 I think. There are a few nice things there.

So there is something I guess.

Otherwise, swtor is like most MMO's. Max level, max professions work at PVE or PVP to get better gear to make you better at either of those areas.

"world farm, PvP, raid, or daily"
    Yep, that's pretty much it. All of it done so you can get PvP gear and PvP everybody else. Whether you like it or not, that's what the end end game of SWTOR is. Probably the same for all MMORPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a big fan of the legacy system and how SWTOR has done their gear. Having to only collect one set of gear, or augment one set, is really wonderful. The max level raids are well done and by the people running the current Hard Mode stuff, they are saying it compares to previous Nightmare raids.