Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    We need a logical argument to refute the idea that black people should be grateful for going through 300 years of disenfranchisement and brutal oppression?
    yes

instead of telling them this and making them feel bad they should feel better. their ancestors did them a great favor and now they are taking what they have and pissing it away. ok i get it, they start at the back of the class and have to do more things right in order to succeed but boo fucking hoo at least they have the ability to succeed. put them in africa... they wouldnt even be in a class. so yes, be thankful, not hateful.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    yes

instead of telling them this and making them feel bad they should feel better. their ancestors did them a great favor and now they are taking what they have and pissing it away. ok i get it, they start at the back of the class and have to do more things right in order to succeed but boo fucking hoo at least they have the ability to succeed. put them in africa... they wouldnt even be in a class. so yes, be thankful, not hateful.
    "Hey I know we've spent 300 years crushing you under our bootheel, but hey you're not in Africa so you better thank us".

10+ Year Old Account
    yes

Except that's moronic. That's similar to saying Jews in Germany today should thank the Nazis for not exterminating members of their family back in World War 2 so that they could be born.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going all the way back to the OP with this post, let me begin. I understand that people have a right to protest, but what the heck am I suppose to do when people block a road and I completely miss work that pays for my house my car my children? Just allow myself to get fired? Saying that stinks is an understatement. I don't get how people have the time to be out protesting all day long, I'm trying to work and get a paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Except that's moronic. That's similar to saying Jews in Germany today should thank the Nazis for not exterminating members of their family back in World War 2 so that they could be born.
    i deal in reality not wishes. also the extermination of their families did nothing to further their race (religion actually) while the blacks of today enjoy immense benefits. this cannot be disputed, only emotion can cloud the judgement.

- - - Updated - - -

"Hey I know we've spent 300 years crushing you under our bootheel, but hey you're not in Africa so you better thank us".

without the sarcastic overtones pretty much in a nutshell yes. as a filipino i dont see the deal as bad (as long as im one of the people alive today and not the slave many years ago) and wish the whites came to my country hundreds of years ago. im guessing it was too far away, blacks were more convenient. i bet if the forefathers could envision obama and 2014 they wouldnt have lmao. oh well you reap what you sow.

10+ Year Old Account
    i deal in reality not wishes. also the extermination of their families did nothing to further their race (religion actually) while the blacks of today enjoy immense benefits. this cannot be disputed, only emotion can cloud the judgement.
    But shouldn't they thank them for not killing their families even though they had the opportunity?

I mean, aren't you implying Black people should be thankful their ancestors weren't horsewhipped to death on a plantation?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-12-11 at 08:24 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Same stuff is happening in Hong Kong right now, and over 7000 police is out to drive protester away or arrest the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantwingrr View Post
    Going all the way back to the OP with this post, let me begin. I understand that people have a right to protest, but what the heck am I suppose to do when people block a road and I completely miss work that pays for my house my car my children? Just allow myself to get fired? Saying that stinks is an understatement. I don't get how people have the time to be out protesting all day long, I'm trying to work and get a paycheck.
    You do understand that there isn't only 1 way to your job don't you? I mean you can easily go around and you might add a couple of minutes to your route to work. You may have been inconvenienced for a couple of minutes, they have been inconvenienced for 300 years.

Deleted
    Those damn protesters! Who the hell thought Democracy and right to protest were good ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    F**ktard police leading to f**ktard 'protesters' using it as an excuse to be even bigger f**ktards.

I dunno whats worse tbh, the corrupt cops with their lies and underhand practices and how they work around the law to do whatever the f**k they like, or the morons who hold up everyone else from their jobs, espcally if there are emergacy services like police or fire crew or ambulance needing to get somewhere.

At times like this the criminals seem like the sane, normal ones.
    #boycottchina

Protests are fine as long as you do them the right way, are you pissed at the goverment? dont close the streets go to the white house and try to go in and protest in there (i will bring some popcorn aswell), dont shut down streets people have to go to work so you can get your walfare checks respect those people at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    From NBC: "Undercover Cop Draws Gun on Protesters in Oakland"

Reportedly, the protestors grew angry and violent toward the "undercover police officers" (aka. provacateurs) after their true identity was exposed when they tried to get the protestors to start looting.

The police then arrested several protestors.

(Yeah, the guy in jeans, grey jack and facemask is apparently actually a cop.)
    (Larger versions of both images at first, NBC, link.)
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2014-12-11 at 03:08 PM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    From NBC: "Undercover Cop Draws Gun on Protesters in Oakland"

Reportedly, the protestors grew angry and violent toward the "undercover police officers" (aka. provacateurs) after their true identity was exposed when they tried to get the protestors to start looting.

The police then arrested several protestors.
    [IMG][/IMG]

(Yeah, the guy in jeans, grey jack and facemask is apparently actually a cop.)

Images temp snipped while I fix the links - images still at first link.
    There are a lot of dickless pieces of shit in this thread.

I can't wait for the cops to pull the trigger - the protests are going to burn like wildfire as soon as the cops make a mistake. Racism and classism are a real thing and you can either keep trolling or educate yourself and start thinking critically (Think of all the ignorant white folks during the civil rights movement).

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-12-12 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Litter View Post
    Those damn protesters! Who the hell thought Democracy and right to protest were good ideas?
    Sure, when you simplify like that of course someone might be sympathetic to the protesters. When you tell the full story though, on how they block people to work, home, and the expedient emergency service lanes, it starts looking like a bit more of a jackass maneuver.

Word of advice: if you're trying to raise awareness and garner public support for an injustice, don't piss off the people you're trying to sway. Very ineffective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post

Where did it say that in the link? All I saw was this:

An undercover police officer, who had been marching with demonstrators, aims his gun at protesters after some in the crowd attacked him and his partner in Oakland, California on Wednesday.

Police said more than 100 demonstrators marched through Oakland and Berkeley, which has a history of social activism, to protest grand jury decisions not to indict white police officers in the deaths of two unarmed black men. Under cloudy skies, turnout was smaller than earlier in the week, when demonstrators in the area threw rocks at police and shut down a major freeway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

I knew that this board was full of sociopaths but this is a bit ridiculous. I can't believe this thread is even open still to be honest.

Those of you saying that "Protests do nothing, it's a thing of the past." Are COMPLETELY ignoring the entire point. We have the RIGHT TO PROTEST. Get over it.

Those of you saying that they should be hit with a car or should be thrown in jail, need to seriously start looking at themselves in the mirror. That is the most insane thing that you could say. And if this wasn't the internet you would never say such things. You would bow your head and either stay silent or even agree that the protests would need to happen.

People are NOT protesting for no reason. Police officers are KILLING people and are not even being charged or investigated. This could be YOU next, and you don't even get it. This is typical for this country. "I don't believe what you believe so you are wrong and should be in jail." Fucking fantastic logic there, surely we will continue to progress towards a better future.

Protests can happen ANYWHERE. There are so few restrictions on it. You morons thinking that it's YOUR road need a reality check. It's not your road we ALL pay taxes, including those people protesting. And they are perfectly allowed to use it for their protests. And it IS doing something whether you think it is or not. Get out of your shell, and out from under your rocks, and realize that there are protests all over the world going on recently. But thinking like that shown in this thread is exactly why those protests will eventually turn to rioting and fighting in the streets instead of being peacefully ended.

Yes they actually do have the right to stop traffic and make you late for work. YOU actually don't have the right to tell them that they can't, regardless of what your opinions are.

Problem is it's not organized at all. Protesters try and stop traffic and such which isn't the right thing imo. We still have the right to assemble. Just not stopping people from trying to make a living. It would be nice if protests were more like educational festivals. Where people get together to discuss and learn about current affairs. Albeit, there's always going to be a couple bad apples that give the whole group a bad image.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is some survival techniques for those of you who haven't had to deal with serious traffic issues on a regular basis:

1. Go around.
    2. Work your ass off and be a big enough asset to your company that being late because of protesters isn't going to threaten your livelihood.
    3. Hurting people for exercising their rights is NOT the answer.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Those damn people inconvenienced me, time to violate several of the constitutional rights!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

People exercising their Constitutional rights are scum.

Bring back King George III, he knew how to keep protestors in line. For a little while, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Your understanding of "reality" is pretty reductive. Yes there are instances of prejudice. There are also times when an equally qualified white person doesn't get a job simply because they are white and the company feels pressured to hire someone Brown, sometimes even regardless of competitive qualifications.
    ah yes, the mighty black minority wielding the immense power they garner from a deficiency of resources, both practical and political, holding the simple, honest, hardworking white man down.

how can any white person get ahead now a days?