Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, that's just not true.
    Just be scared of what the media tells you about it, many people go to North Korea and none get put into labor camps. You have to do something out of the norm for them to put you in one. I'd go to hike round the countryside within the mountainous areas since NK is quite beautiful in many parts but of course, why would I do that? Might just get thrown into a labor camp... Seriously, please stop saying that.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2014-12-09 at 04:44 PM.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno... I wouldn't mind going there just to experience it, it is indeed quite fascinating and I'm sure it has beautiful nature and maybe interesting culture.

The comments in this thread were as expected though, Muricans going "hurr durr go there and I'll be imprisoned in a slave camp breaking rocks for the commies, hurr durr derp".

Also you've been able to visit North Korea for quite a while now... tourism is nothing new.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Didn't they just say that if the new movie The Interview was released, it was "an act of war"? Now they want to invite tourists to their country, right before the release of it?

Seems kinda fishy...
    I am fairly certain Kim Jung whateverthatlastpartis have a ton of advisors telling him how not to get completely fucked by the rest of the world, so even if he wanted to start a war I doubt the military advisors would comply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    Just be scared of what the media tells you about it, many people go to North Korea and none get put into labor camps. You have to do something out of the norm for them to put you in one. I'd go to hike round the countryside within the mountainous areas since NK is quite beautiful in many parts but of course, why would I do that? Might just get thrown into a labor camp... Seriously, please stop saying that.
    Ummm, some DO get arrested:

http://www.ncnk.org/resources/briefi...in-north-korea

And if you want beautiful mountainous countryside, there are plenty of countries you can go to where your money won't be going to support a government that has essentially enslaved its entire population.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, in all honesty, I would visit. But, that also includes every country on the face of the earth. Opening to tourism is a civilized step in the right direction, even if its under a 21 day quarantine. Even though I would visit, that is on a bucket list. For instance, I do not want to visit Syria right now, for obvious reasons, or Ferguson. But there is one place I will never visit... Detroit.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Meh, in all honesty, I would visit. But, that also includes every country on the face of the earth. Opening to tourism is a civilized step in the right direction, even if its under a 21 day quarantine. Even though I would visit, that is on a bucket list. For instance, I do not want to visit Syria right now, for obvious reasons, or Ferguson. But there is one place I will never visit... Detroit.
    Detroiter here.

Don't be afraid. Detroit has a lot of cool stuff now, and the surrounding cities are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I dunno... I wouldn't mind going there just to experience it, it is indeed quite fascinating and I'm sure it has beautiful nature and maybe interesting culture.

The comments in this thread were as expected though, Muricans going "hurr durr go there and I'll be imprisoned in a slave camp breaking rocks for the commies, hurr durr derp".

Also you've been able to visit North Korea for quite a while now... tourism is nothing new.
    That's ok, go and enjoy the beautiful wildlife. I'm sure the millions of people stuck doing forced labor enjoy the scenery so much they will be glad that you are paying for it to happen.
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Come on, dude. You've obviously never been to, or even near, Detroit. Quit with the sensationalist crap. It's definitely not as bad as you're making it out to be.

And as an addendum, the way Ferguson and Detroit were so conveniently placed together, I'd say that your reasons for not going to Detroit might be a bit more malicious than I had thought.
    Last edited by SlappyMcGibbs; 2014-12-09 at 07:56 PM.