Deleted

[Healing] Everburning candle

Hello!

I'm just trying to figure out how good the everburning candle is at the moment.
    As you know it was very recently nerfed from giving 20k mana on-use to 10k mana on-use. That's 10k mana every 2 seconds, together with the 334 intellect this is a great trinket.

How good is it? How well does it hold up in Blackrock foundry mythic?
    The reason i'm asking is cause it goes for 120k currently on my ah, however i bought it from a guy in trade chat for 60k. Thought i sniped a good price and i'm now wondering if i should use it or sell it off for almost 2x the price i bought it for.

I'm not sure how to calculate how much 10kmana/2min is in spirit so can't really compare it myself to the blackrock mythic trinkets.
    Currently i'm using a stage 2 DMF trinket (Winged Hourglass) and a 630 blue trinket (159int, 159 mastery).

Also, a bit offtopic. The winged hourglass... Intellect in-game and intellect on the armory is different. Stage 2 has 134 int ingame and something like 201 i think on armory. When the trinkets got buffed i saw that all the dmf trinkets except the winged hourglass was mentioned, perhaps it was buffed aswell? However when removing it ingame only 134 int gets removed from stats aswell.. (A bit more since the 5% thingy). Anyone got some solid info on this?

Thankfull for any and all answers!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The candle is worth 212 spirit (down from 424) its still a good trinket just not the best from a regen PoV. Winged Hourglass (Stage 3) gives 154 Intellect and its worth about 290 or so spirit.

Theres a decent list of trinkets here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...o-WoD-Trinkets

Although, it's not been updated recently (still shows hourglass as 665 ilvl and candle as 424 spirit, but gives you an idea of where they stand.

With mythic out, and with the nerf, at best you'd probably be able to make a very slight profit if you sold it.

If you could afford to pay that much on a chance you could flip it for profit, you probably aren't hurting for the gold, so I'd say go ahead and use it. It's still very strong.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have it, use it. If you don't, don't bother buying it, to be honest.

The thing is, the good Highmaul trinkets drop from the last boss. So they're off-limits for progress, leaving Candle as the best option. How much money you are willing to spend on it is entirely your choice. Don't expect it to be better than mythic trinkets from Highmaul and BF.

So between dropping money on upgrading my Winged Hourglass to stage 3 and getting an Everburning Candle, which is the better option?

On paper, it looks like the DMC trinket would be better, but since the trinket generally proc before fight starts (from casting buff or pre HoTs), I don't think it deserve to be judged at 280 spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    The candle is worth 212 spirit
    How did you reach that conclusion? I have asked Mr. Google about the relation between spirit and mana regeneration, but I couldn't make him give me a good answer.

Deleted
    It's still incredibly good, and you have two slots for trinkets. If it's part of your BiS list for highmaul depends on how you value the different stats, but to me your BiS list should be 2 out of Everburning, Mark(m) and Emblem(m). As Thalur stated these two are also from the last two bosses, making them unavailable for progression. I'd equip Everburning in an heartbeat, I don't see how you could spend that gold in a better way assuming that you're progression oriented.

If we do some (very) rough napkin math valuing int & spirit at 1, and other secondaries at 0,5 (which is completely wrong and I should be whipped for doing this), we get Everburning at ~550, Mark at ~575 & Emblem at ~550.

In addition to this it's worth noting that actives typically are better than passive stats since you can use them shortly after beggining and sometimes get an 'extra' use (assuming that you actually spend mana/have use of the trinket quickly). To illustrate, if you use Everburning Light at 0:30 and 2:30 in a 3 minute fight you gain two uses in a fight lasting 3 minutes, resulting in a 50% increased value compared to what it seems. For throughput stats the value of on use vs passive is a bit different, and depends on the damage patterns and (obviously) how well you use the trinket (takes a bit more skill than using everburning every time it lights up), but considering that the large majority of fights have high and low damage phases I'd argue that on use is significantly superior to passive stats when it comes to throughput as well. The result is that the 3 above trinkets match up fairly well with each other (gotta give blizzard credit, think the Everburning nerf was well aimed to retain the value while not making it way out of line) and some more precise stat weights (which differ based on your gear and spell usage) would have to be used to determine which two end up BiS for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nuttz96 View Post
    So between dropping money on upgrading my Winged Hourglass to stage 3 and getting an Everburning Candle, which is the better option?

On paper, it looks like the DMC trinket would be better, but since the trinket generally proc before fight starts (from casting buff or pre HoTs), I don't think it deserve to be judged at 280 spirit.
    I think you're severely undervaluing int if you pick Winged Hourglass stage 3 over Everburning (int is by far our strongest throughput stat). The fact that the DMC trinket is a proc, over passive spirit, doesn't necessarily decrease the value compared to passive spirit (depending on when it procs pre combat and the fight length it can be both an increase and a decrease, if it doesn't proc before combat it's essentially always an advantage assuming high proc rate, this obviously doesn't apply for throughput procs).

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    How did you reach that conclusion? I have asked Mr. Google about the relation between spirit and mana regeneration, but I couldn't make him give me a good answer.
    1 spirit is equal to 2.061 mp5. Everburning restores 10458 mana (I might be wrong about the number, if someone can confirm/correct me that'd be great) which is equal to 87,15 mana each second (10458/120), which in turn is equal to 435,75 mp5 (87,15*5). Since 1 spirit is equal to 2.061 mp5 this results in the active beinng estimated to ~211 in spirit (435,75/2.016). However as I mentioned previously it being on use typically increases the value further.

I'm not entirely sober and about to fall asleep, so forgive me if I fucked up some numbers somewhere.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2014-12-10 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    double the amount of spirit and you get mp5s, multiply that by 24, and you have mana pr 2 minutes, this assumes you use the trinket on use though.

OT: But how do you proc a trink like the winged hourglass. Such trinks typically have the wording "...your attacks will sometimes grant 500 int for 15 secs" etc.

Are resto druids supposed to fire a wrath / moonbeam to proc such trinks?

Deleted
    tooltip error, there's literally nothing that doesn't trigger it