Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1) Fix AoE (this will ebcome a problem soon - we've just been saved by the fight mechanics so far)

2) Let us regen 2 orbs OOC - let's us start a fight with MB-> DP, which is hardly massive burst, but at least give us something on a trinket/lust open.

Other than that, they need to address lvl 100 talents, but i feel like that row will always be a single BiS choice dpeending on gear level. Also wouldn't mind a shift of some of our dmg away from execute. Between the execute spike and lack of offensive CD's, it gets kind of annoying to look weaker throughout most of the early/mid stages of boss progression. It also means we're speccing into ToF pretty much permanently, which is fine but wouldnt mind a choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP, WoD? Same shit different expansion.
    We get to do one thing middle-of-the-pack-ish, and suck at everything else in the known universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    MoP, WoD? Same shit different expansion.
    We get to do one thing middle-of-the-pack-ish, and suck at everything else in the known universe.
    Might as well all name our toons 'Crabtree'.

Deleted
    We're falling behind in an alarming rate. Currently we're only pretty good ST as opposed to great anymore, but our aoe and cleave are still probably the worst in the entire game. Honestly if they buff warlocks and rogues (and I'm fairly sure this'll happen, AT LEAST the warlock buffs), we're probably the single worst class. There are specs behind us sure, but every class will have at least one dps spec better off

I _want_ to believe Blizzard will somehow fix this in a reasonable timeframe, but I wouldn't hold my breath after MoP. Ah well

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    We're falling behind in an alarming rate. Currently we're only pretty good ST as opposed to great anymore, but our aoe and cleave are still probably the worst in the entire game. Honestly if they buff warlocks and rogues (and I'm fairly sure this'll happen, AT LEAST the warlock buffs), we're probably the single worst class. There are specs behind us sure, but every class will have at least one dps spec better off

I _want_ to believe Blizzard will somehow fix this in a reasonable timeframe, but I wouldn't hold my breath after MoP. Ah well
    The priest community doesn't whine and bitch the way the mage and warlock community do. If we started to do that, we wouldn't be the hated class of blizzard anymore. Shadow at the bottom is what they want.

The problems are:
    the mandatory talent (over 10% total damage ahead of alternatives)
    mastery being useless for aoe (having 1 set of gear for main spec and another for offspec is fine, but needing separate specs for singletarget/aoe is just bad design)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yes I am very surprised that there were no buffs to AS / VEnt.
    I seriously hope they don't wait for a distant 6.x to fix them.
    Warrior/mage spec doing bad dps: OMFG WE NEED TO FIX NOW!
    Shadow priest doing bad dps: Oh, maybe we will try to fix it next expansion(nah, we will just ignore all feedback again)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Shadow priest doing bad dps: Oh, maybe we will try to fix it next expansion(nah, we will just ignore all feedback again)
    That'd make sense if we still dogshit tier damage even when played perfectly, a la MoP. But we're not. Played properly, Shadow is one of the best ST specs in the game. Our AE sucks but it isn't bad enough that we are going to lose raid spots over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That'd make sense if we still dogshit tier damage even when played perfectly, a la MoP. But we're not. Played properly, Shadow is one of the best ST specs in the game. Our AE sucks but it isn't bad enough that we are going to lose raid spots over it.
    Currently in Highmaul heroic gear there are 10 specs above us on single-target, 13 under us. To put that in a better perspective, only locks and rogues have no spec stronger than us on single target

we aren't "one of the best" ST specs in the game anymore

Mostly shocked there wasn't any buffs to Void Entropy. I can understand them being hesitant about buffing AP but Void Entropy really needs a bit more oomph to it.

Noting though that they didn't do much talent tweaks at all except to the Mage meteor talents. There's a lot of underperforming or downright trap talents at the 100 tier and they didn't touch any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

15+ Year Old Account
    Once again I have to go disc to do CMs. I was hoping MS and CoP would suit us for trash and burst, but no. Absolutely abhorrent trash performance. Please buff either dots or sear. Multi-dotting is all but useless except for cleave, and I'd rather cast PW:S than mind sear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Would have liked a buff to Mind Sear or VT. Our ST dmg is obviously fine.
    I haven't played yet, but I think that's the first time since Cata that I've heard that... and that involved tier bonuses and gimmicks.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    Once again I have to go disc to do CMs. I was hoping MS and CoP would suit us for trash and burst, but no. Absolutely abhorrent trash performance. Please buff either dots or sear. Multi-dotting is all but useless except for cleave, and I'd rather cast PW:S than mind sear.
    If they're scared of Entropy being too much damage as a 1 minute/indefinite debuff, don't know why they don't just slap a passive to it that boosts the damage of DoT effects. You'd be giving up the large ST boost of Clarity in exchange for a cleaving/multitarget gain and gives some more talent definition.

This was suggested to them during the beta as well by others and it was shrugged off because they apparently thought Spriests were totally fine because Clarity is good for raid bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Noting though that they didn't do much talent tweaks at all except to the Mage meteor talents. There's a lot of underperforming or downright trap talents at the 100 tier and they didn't touch any of them.
    They got burned by the lock ember change. That's probably why they want these talent changes in 6.1 with proper patchnotes and updated tooltips.

Deleted
    I haven't been able to use this exact phrase for a long long time : Raidwise we are absolutely fine at the moment.

The only change that needs to be made is reworking Mindsear so its completely useless on singletarget while being atleast a 20-35% dps gain in 4+ mobs aoe situations.
    Maybe keep the damage as it is now, but make enemies hit by mind sear explode for - insert appropriate number - to every other enemy in a 5, 8 , 10-ish radius ?
    That way it would just be a cleave mechanic that does absolutely nothing on singletarget fights.

But yeah , otherwise we dont need any buffs at all.

Very simple solution to mindsear : Give the spell a stacking buff that increases its damage by a large percentage, depending on how many opponents it hits, while keeping the base damage rather low as it is now.

That way it wont beat mindflay for single target but you will do decent AE damage which they can adjust in comparison to other classes by changing the damage each stack adds and capping it by changing the number of maximum stacks that it can have.

Another way might be to give it a similar mechanic to that of Inferno Blast, making it spread any existing Shadow Priest dots on the primary target to all targets that it hits. It not only helps on AE, it also makes multidotting less cumbersome and it would help shadow in movement heavy fights aswell.

I'm just happy they didn't nerf anything.

Stalkholm Syndromed
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

I haven't played yet, but I think that's the first time since Cata that I've heard that... and that involved tier bonuses and gimmicks.
    Yeah, relative to other classes, ST dmg is at the best it has been since t12 (yep, better now than t13 where we got horribly outscaled by certain classes).
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Very simple solution to mindsear : Give the spell a stacking buff that increases its damage by a large percentage, depending on how many opponents it hits, while keeping the base damage rather low as it is now.

That way it wont beat mindflay for single target but you will do decent AE damage which they can adjust in comparison to other classes by changing the damage each stack adds and capping it by changing the number of maximum stacks that it can have.

Another way might be to give it a similar mechanic to that of Inferno Blast, making it spread any existing Shadow Priest dots on the primary target to all targets that it hits. It not only helps on AE, it also makes multidotting less cumbersome and it would help shadow in movement heavy fights aswell.
    I don't understand why mind sear keeps coming up against mind flay. If it's stronger than mind flay, and it sucks, than mind flay could probably use a buff too. We shouldn't need mastery to make one of our core spells not terrible, especially since mind flay is going to be used much more with AS when no dots need to be refreshed, and AS and mastery don't get along very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by methz View Post
    I don't understand why mind sear keeps coming up against mind flay. If it's stronger than mind flay, and it sucks, than mind flay could probably use a buff too. We shouldn't need mastery to make one of our core spells not terrible, especially since mind flay is going to be used much more with AS when no dots need to be refreshed, and AS and mastery don't get along very well.
    Because if you buff mind sear, then buff mind flay to compensate, Insanity starts scaling far better than the equivalent talents of the same tier.

The interdependence of our talents has always made balancing us particularly difficult for Blizzard to get right.

Also, re how we're performing, I don't think the sky is falling - let's at least wait until we get a good amount of data before we start making MoP comparisons. Prior to them, we had zero valid complaints beyond mind sear about our performance on the meters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by methz View Post
    and our aoe, it's just ridiculous. i swear i saw mind sear heal the mobs i was searing. i think it also apologized to them and wished them a good day.
    Canadian Mind sear ;o