Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The last Pure class that bites the dust, congrats!

Well, join the club. Currently, all 4 pure classes, Mage, Rogue, Warlock and Hunter is below Hybrids such as DK, Feral, Ret and WW. All the whilst, everyone is complaining about a hybrid tax. I do not see a single evidence of this ''hybrid tax'', infact I see a pure tax atm more like it. GGWP Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your tears are delicious.

And your thread is as constructive as my response to it. Blizzard has stated MANY times that the hybrid tax is long gone.

Have a nice day.

There should be no Hybrid Tax. That news was from years ago.Really, like 4 or 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    Well, join the club. Currently, all 4 pure classes, Mage, Rogue, Warlock and Hunter is below Hybrids such as DK, Feral, Ret and WW. All the whilst, everyone is complaining about a hybrid tax. I do not see a single evidence of this ''hybrid tax'', infact I see a pure tax atm more like it. GGWP Blizz.
    Yeah, becuase in Highmaul im not seeing Hunters ahead of everyone else.

Me as gladiator, around 16k, most other dps between 14 and 17. Hunters? Usually sitting at 20k+

go troll elsewhere please.

Why do you think one dps spec should do more dps because it is in a class whose other 2 specs are also dps? Shouldn't all dps specs be about the same? If a dps spec starts healing mid fight, they are going to have much lower dps than a pure class. Not sure where you get the idea of a hybrid tax from. As a shadow priest topping the charts so far in high maul, your tears are delicious.

I like how they brining all specs to the same level e.g. fury and glad and how they completely ignored survival and beast mastery. Mages and locks get buffs across all specs yet we just get nerfed in 1 and ignored in other 2 for the last months.

Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    There's not supposed to be a hybrid tax anymore, iirc. But there is (basically) a ranged tax, and 3 of the 4 pure classes are ranged... so that does a decent job of explaining this, assuming your claims are true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, Hunters were nerfed to the ground. They do, like, next to no dps at the moment. Even a healer does more dps atm than MM Hunters... Totally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei View Post
    There's not supposed to be a hybrid tax anymore, iirc. But there is (basically) a ranged tax, and 3 of the 4 pure classes are ranged... so that does a decent job of explaining this, assuming your claims are true.
    They wouldn't tax Hunters even if they had a ranged tax (which I really doubt). Haven't they said several times that Hunters are a "ranged melee" class?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

That is Blizzard's claim, right? That they want DPS specs to basically be even, except that melee (in IDEAL cirumstances, which never actually happens) are like 10% above ranged?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    They wouldn't tax Hunters even if they had a ranged tax (which I really doubt).
    I think it's their ideal vision. If everyone has equivalent DPS, survivability, utility, etc., why in the world would any raid bring melee instead of all ranged? Melee have to stick to a boss like glue while still minding fight mechanics (which often penalize being grouped up like melee need to be), they have a harder time taking in the whole layout of the fight because of positioning, and they have to worry about omnipresent boss/add cleaving. None of that crap is an issue for ranged.

The problem with hunters being the same DPS as all other classes is that they are able to perform their ideal rotation at any point because they have no realistic cast times AND they're ranged, and they don't even have many abilities to use. Fix those issues then they can be on the same level as the other classes at ideal performance.

That being said, according to the newest simulationcraft at max gear mages are top by far (arcane). Also they should buff BM and Surv so that they are competitive DPS specs.

just gonna say all the people saying survival is crap i just dont understand if this is true how am i able to pull 22+k dps at il 638?

Well, hybrid classes are not played as hybrid specs in raids, and this is coming from a rogue, so they should be on par with us "pure dps" classes, I don't see a problem with that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunfire View Post
    just gonna say all the people saying survival is crap i just dont understand if this is true how am i able to pull 22+k dps at il 638?
    On single target, that sounds about right: (Every 1 average item level increase will roughly equate to 2% increased damage)

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17P.html

So take those numbers and multiply by 1.16 for 638 gear. (Roughly)

Problem is that everyone else will, on average, sit at around 24.5 k dps at that gear lvl (MM hunter would be around 24.7 k). So yeah, it is nice that you do 22k dps at 638. Doesn't mean that most other classes won't perform better than that though. (This is based on a patchwerk fight, of course numbers will change significantly depending on the fight).

Hunters are fine. Even after this little nerf.

Stahhhp it...

Mages are kind of out of that group now. Check out the updated simcraft, they're pretty much the definition of overbuffed.

Deleted
    There is no difference between hybrids and pures in terms of dps, some of the 'pure' dps have better utility than some of the hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimcreaper View Post
    Yeah, becuase in Highmaul im not seeing Hunters ahead of everyone else.

Me as gladiator, around 16k, most other dps between 14 and 17. Hunters? Usually sitting at 20k+

go troll elsewhere please.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...unt&dataset=90

The real world would like a word with you...

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...unt&dataset=90

The real world would like a word with you...
    This is all from before the buffs/nerfs went into place, so adding in the changes it actually seems like things are going to be relatively balanced.

MM Hunters only lost like 4.5% damage, so they'll still be high on the list, and Frost got some love so Mages are doing alright as well, and Rogues are okay too. So the only pure DPS that needs anything now is Warlocks, then every class will have a DPS spec within about 3k DPS of each other.

How is less than a 5 percent reduction in damage a death knell? Here on planet Earth I didn't even notice any change in DPS.

Deleted
    Minimal nerf to the top hunter spec, you're fine, quit whining and go back to doing amazing dps.