Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Then if the hybrid tax doesn't exist, why are all these hybrid hippies still complaining about it? Seems rather contradictory. These trolls have not provided one ounce of proof of the existance of any kind of hybrid tax.
    We'l see what happens soon enough. if the buffs to mage will affect it enough, it may be the only pure that can compete with the Ret's, DK's, WW's and Ferals.
    MM needed a nerf, this shouldn't surprise anyone, but people are missing the point here. Besides MM, there were a few other specs, that were literally untouched with these patch notes. All this patch has acomplished is making it more unbalanced, like it or not, its the truth. The state of PvP is quite despicable for some classes, and I see no improvement in sight.
    You can either roll on with the rampant blizztard fanboyism or actually acknowledge that there are many specs that need fixing.
    This is not just about hunters, this is about everyone. I'm only making a comment, as my thoughts on MM nerf.

All DPS specs should be the same, no matter if the class itself is hybrid or not. It's not like you are suddenly going to tank while doing damage in a raid. Unless you want to get kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a PvE perspective, who cares? They should have just as much right to good DPS as anyone.

From a PvP perspective, then yeh maybe tone down the DPS or the healing a bit, but it sounds like your on about PvE so /shrug!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    Your tears are delicious.
    The fear, so exhilarating!

Even though I play a hunter, it's really not that bad. We may not top meters, but we are still above average. And for those crying for ret/feral nerfs, they are stronger at lower ilvls, but dont' scale as well. The new simcraft rankings were posted...

Normal ilvl (665) vs Mythic (695) Blackrock Foundry

Notice by Mythic, ret is actually BELOW average, and feral drops too. The only class that seems to have been over-buffed was mages (specifically arcane), and there is plenty of time for another balance pass before they scale to that level. I'm honestly ok with the fact that elemental shaman are a little higher than us here, because they can't move well at all, and simcraft posts 5min patchwerk style fight (basically butcher). As long as we are at least middle of the pack, we're fine. I would absolutely love to see the other specs buffed, but SV needs WAY more than a numbers tweak; lack of a cooldown or kill shot makes it horribly boring and monotonous. I'd like to see MM get some kind of proc effect (free kill shots > 35% or free/instant aimed shots based on auto shots).

This reminds me of a certain historical event!
    "REIN KLASSE UBER ALLES! wir müssen die minderwertige Klasse stoppen!"

Actually if you change the gear range hunters are right in the middle of the pack with good representation from all classes except for mages. Mages needed a pve buff no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreaming View Post
    I like how they brining all specs to the same level e.g. fury and glad and how they completely ignored survival and beast mastery. Mages and locks get buffs across all specs yet we just get nerfed in 1 and ignored in other 2 for the last months.
    Where are the lock buffs?

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Gee am I glad I'm not a hunter main anymore, your qq is endless.
    You're still a mindless class with great dps and utility. Nothing is wrong. No wait, apparently a lot is....

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, looking at the logs that were linked on the last page and napkin-math-applying last nights buffs to that situation we can now safely conclude that Blizzard wants all Hunters to play MM and that they want all Warlocks to reroll.

Deleted
    Slightly worrying from Zurm's links how well Mages do & particularly how well Fire mages are scaling in 30ilvls.

Of course all of these are patchwerk and so don't represent true dps but the better players are always capable of getting close-ish to these numbers. Hunters are somewhat advantaged in that it is easier for us than for other classes to achieve patchwerk-esque rotations because movement has little bearing on our damage output. Sniper training obviously has some impact on this but not enough to change the outcomes drastically.

For a patchwerk listing, a perfect order should be seeing;
    100% Melee dps on top
    95% caster dps 2nd
    93%* hunters last

*Hard to place because the value of our mobility varies from boss-to-boss and raid-to-raid.
    The reasons for this order are simple, no boss allows for perfect uptime of dps rotation. If all bosses did then it would be a different story. As it stands, melee need the best damage because they have the lowest uptimes (though most also have good gap closers to compensate somewhat). Casters have the range but largely drop dps when moving. Hunters are the only class who can execute full dps rotations while on-the-move.

Within the hunter class, the order should be MM first followed by BM & SV because MM loses damage when moving (though not much).

Bear in mind that the difference in dps that I am talking about is the difference between 1st (50k dps) and 11th (44.5k dps) on Zurm's Mythic link from top to bottom.

We don't need 15 different threads about hunter nerfs, and there is already such a thread with a far less inflammatory title. Closing.