The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Had an outburst just now.

Ever have a moment where you're overtaken by an emotion so much that you forget you're in public for a moment and have an outburst that baffles people? I just did.

Background: Missed a week of classes for my sisters wedding so I had to do make up exams/quizzes upon returning. Stressed over them when I found time to study for them. In a public computer lab, I found that the results for one of the quizzes that I was certain I did utterly average on was posted and found that I got a perfect score.

I proceed to exclaim "Yes" followed by the DX "suck it" move followed by a groan.

The entire lab stopped and looked at me in amazement, prompting me to realize my outburst and start laughing at myself.

Meh, sounds pretty tame, IMO

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I understand being happy about the exam, but I find it hard to believe you actually did the x across the genitals move over a test score...seems kind of pointless.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Ever have a moment where you're overtaken by an emotion so much that you forget you're in public for a moment and have an outburst that baffles people? I just did.

Background: Missed a week of classes for my sisters wedding so I had to do make up exams/quizzes upon returning. Stressed over them when I found time to study for them. In a public computer lab, I found that the results for one of the quizzes that I was certain I did utterly average on was posted and found that I got a perfect score.

I proceed to exclaim "Yes" followed by the DX "suck it" move followed by a groan.

The entire lab stopped and looked at me in amazement, prompting me to realize my outburst and start laughing at myself.
    I find your avatar to be very fitting for this for some reason...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a very similar reaction to finding out I had gotten an A on one final while at a coffee shop studying for another final last year. The other patrons were not impressed when I jumped up and screamed out "Fuck Yeah! ahhahhahahah!" for no apparent reason. I was so excited because it was the difference between an A and B in the course (I'm a lazy fuck so if a class counts homework towards the grade then I'm usually somewhat screwed).

I've also road raged at someone with the windows down before and been overheard by pedestrians. I was pretty embarrassed.
    Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.
    -- George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Really lame, i do the X at the bus stop, when the bus comes

Deleted
    Why did you miss a week of classes? Two days sure, but a full week?

And typically make up exams are capped at a certain percentage, e.g. maximum of 70% available marks, meaning a 100% is only 100% of 70%.

OT: No, I'm a teacher. Outbursts at shit will get me in deep shit very quickly, as a result I'm very well behaved in public.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I mean I understand being happy about the exam, but I find it hard to believe you actually did the x across the genitals move over a test score...seems kind of pointless.
    He didn't, it's Bigz.

Reality is more like: "Yes *at normal indoor voice and fist pump*".

ITT

Things that never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not any more. Ever. Years of working closely with our clients has helped me to rein in my emotions at all times.