Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I use it for my Alexis daily and world boss groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ujarnlek View Post
    They had to be different pickup groups, right? I can’t imagine a scenario in which any group could kill normal Imperator Mar’gok and not heroic Kargath or Butcher.
    Butcher is a DPS race. Everyone need to have 20k+ stable dps to be able to get him down before the enrage timer kicks in. I did butcher 14man group, 8 of us dpsing had 19-21k stable and 1 had 18k stable. He still had 5 mil hp left when he went enrage. You can down Imperator on normal without having everyone on 20k+ stable dps.

Deleted
    Pugged 6/7 normal the first day in a pug. It's easy to spot if you're gonna be sucessful or not. Just check people out, inspect them, try to see how they handle mechanics. If you see they're shit, find a new group or better yet, start your own.

Deleted
    we cleared up to the s&m mask guy on normal, but skipped tectus because he's a pug stomper

I had to pug a few bosses, did Kargath, Butcher and Tectus normal in a premade pug and biggest issue was Butcher but it died alright after a few wipes, Tectus died on 3rd pull but I'd done it on the Beta so had my own working "safe" tactic, the raid seemed to pick it up pretty quickly.

I also pugged Heroic Kargath.. "/w achiev and ilvl645".. I thought well what exact achievement does he want? Seems a bit overkill but at least there is no risk of wipe with such a group, so I linked my achievments for normal etc bla bla. I was wrong, the leader was klad in ilvl630 gear and had no normal mode achievements himself. This was a group of people who in their own imaginations were expert raiders with pro gear.

We got it to around 30% on first pull by which time all the noobs had got themselves killed by Kargaths berserk fixate, then the raid leader had a massive rage quit after the 3rd wipe and left the raid. I had another similar group with healers wiping to the same stuff even after I'd given them some fool proof tactics, and the odd guy jumping in with the tigers.

Managed to get a group on tuesday afternoon though with some decent players and after replacing 2 healers (same old nonsense) we killed it on 3rd try with no fuss at all. Problem is that you need to filter through all the shit players who try to sneak in, they are too afraid to admit they have no clue what is going on so they will just die over and over until they are kicked.

Problem is that they only get invited based on the notion that they know what they are doing, so this problem will always exist.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-12-10 at 05:10 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I am so confused about normal and heroic. I thought heroic was the new normal and mythic the new heroic?

640+ ilvl (which i know, is worse than gearscore, but what can you do?)

must have killed normal kargath PST achieve

bads will be kicked (not just 1 death, but repeat from the same stuff)

oh what's that you all need to learn to play, half can't do over 15k dps, and you keep wiping us? gg.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Twin Ogrons and Brackenspore took 10+ wipes each.

how the hell did you wipe on ogrons? besides kargath, they're the easiest by far. low health pools, easily avoided mechanics, cleave damage

Quote Originally Posted by GamleSverker View Post
    Butcher is a DPS race. Everyone need to have 20k+ stable dps to be able to get him down before the enrage timer kicks in. I did butcher 14man group, 8 of us dpsing had 19-21k stable and 1 had 18k stable. He still had 5 mil hp left when he went enrage. You can down Imperator on normal without having everyone on 20k+ stable dps.
    if everyone is 18k+ you shouldn't have been anywhere near so far off at enrage.
    Last edited by flinchy; 2014-12-10 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I am so confused about normal and heroic. I thought heroic was the new normal and mythic the new heroic?
    Normal = Flex
    Heroic = Normal
    Mythic = Heroic

Only that Normal/Heroic are more tightly tuned than most people would have expected, they are more difficult than SOO was (Normal Flex especially) probably due to the gear they are balanced around. Throw in some fairly punishing mechanics and that monster of an endboss and yes Highmaul is more difficult than you might expect if you compared directly to SOO.

Should be mentioned though that SOO was so easy due to overgearing via item upgrades and months of being around (as apposed to 1 week with highmaul). My guild killed Garrosh Normal in SOO (Heroic now) with a group average of ilvl 551 in the first week (and top guilds for the first kills had higher than that). The gear that dropped in SOO was only ilvl553.. So Imagine then fighting Imperator normal with whole group above 650 ilvl or Imperator HC with the whole group above 660 ilvl.

That is the comparison, since most people are sitting around ilvl635-645.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I haven't tried the group finder for Highmaul. I'm in a pretty good progression group through Openraid.

But a few guildies have tried the group finder, and judging by what was said in guild chat while they were in the raid, the groups were laughable at best.

Quote Originally Posted by murphs View Post
    Had an easy time with Kargath and The Butcher in 630+ groups. Tectus however is a pug stomper, around 25 attempts and not one was close.
    this

normal Tectus destroyed 2 of the PuGs that I tried .. best I think was 1 shard + 4 motes left or so .. mountains blocking, red mist adding on top of that, diminishing available space even more and low DPS

LFR here I come baby
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2014-12-10 at 09:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's great.

You're gonna get a lot of shit groups though.

Will be much better in a few weeks when people learn tactics.

Got 4/7, but had luck on group for blacken/tectus bcs we downed them like on 3rd try each. Funny shit happend on Butcher where mage used BL on start and hunter started cry /y ITs WIPE like a tard, everyone told him to calm down while he instead of dpsing jumping around like a idiot. And we downed him ...

Deleted
    Did a pickup group yesterday. First boss downed at first try. Second boss we wiped because of hard enrage. we had so many dps who couldn't break 10k lmao.

Joined a grp that oneshot 5/7 normal, then kept wiping on Ko'ragh until the grp disbanded (mostly because of shitty orb soaking and bad tanking).

However, that was with me joining on my main, so was kind of carrying the dmg... Not sure if we could have done the same if I was there on an alt.

I don't see HC pugs having any kind of success unless it's alts of MC raiders, at least for now.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Pugged normal Highmaul for the following bosses last night:

Brackenspore = 2 wipes
    Twin Ogron = 3 wipes
    Ko'ragh = 3 wipes
    Imperator Mar'gok = Raid killer, although managed bout 40% on the 4th and last try, couple more and we might have had it.

Deleted
    Managed to get easy kills on Kargath and Butcher. Tectus on the otherhand was a nightmare. Over 15 tries... 10 of which was a PUG with 9/11 from the same guild and on TS. Made phrase 2 once. Tried twins and reckon after a few tries they'll be easy.

Give it a few more weeks and people will start gearing from LFR making it easier.
    Last edited by mmocea4ffea02c; 2014-12-10 at 11:20 AM.

did 7/7 HC with a LFR PUG

even before my hardcore guild cleared it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    did 7/7 HC with a LFR PUG

even before my hardcore guild cleared it

Same xD

Might have been in your group

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    normal Tectus destroyed 2 of the PuGs that I tried
    make that 3

15+ Year Old Account
    It's just a numbers game, you're going to hit a lot of walls with morons, but then you'll get a decent group every so often. As more time passes, people will learn their part in a fight, people will gear up, more skilled players will be gearing alts, and groups will start to succeed far more than they fail. I think people at least seeing the layout and the general idea on LFR will help a lot of groups too.