KGPanels + Bartender Fade Out

Hey,

Can anyone tell me how to make a KGPanel invisible until mouse over? Also, is it possible to link multiple bars to a panel, so when you mouse over the panel the bars also show? I'm not sure if you can link them or embed the bars into the panel somehow.

First time using KGPanels so still learning the ropes!

Thanks!

To make it appear on rollover you put:

self:SetAlpha(1)

into the OnEnter script page,
    and

self:SetAlpha(0)

into the OnLeave script page.

To link frames together, you go to the Parent and Anchor Settings part of the main settings for your panel, and in the Parent Frame you enter the name of the frame you want to parent it to. When a frame is parented to another it will inherit a bunch of properties, included it's visibility. You can also Anchor the frame to the other (but you don't have to). Anchoring the frame means it's inherits it's position from the other, so you can move one around and the other follows.

BUT, you might find an issue with doing this with Bartender...
    Last time I checked, Bartender created frames for each button in each bar, but they didn't seem to have any "base" frame: a shell frame that contained all the other button frames for a given bar. Also, the names of the button frames seemed to be kind of dynamically generated. I switched to Dominos simply to solve these problems. Dominos creates/names it's frames in a far more logical and workable way.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh i think you need self:SetAlpha(0) in the OnLoad page too, so that it starts off invisible.

Thanks for the reply and the helpful information! I'll give this a try tonight and I'll switch over to Dominos too and put your advice into practice.

Thanks again.