Thread: DK or Hunter?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurlon View Post
    Nice way to dodge the question.

Next time I'm being drain life spammed I'll think happy thoughts, that's sure to get me through.
    That's it man

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of l2p issues ITT. Go hunter mate and learn to master the class. You will steamroll everything trust me.

Do NOT play a hunter for solo BG's - they're bottom of the barrel terrible.

Hunter's are fine if they have a healer backing them up, but you pretty much have to find one and never move from their side.
    Ummm what every BG I've been in the last two weeks Hunters have only been beaten (in terms of KBs and DMG) by Rets and DK's, maybe a few Ferals as well but saying Hunters are horrible w/o a healer is just....not true at all.

Deleted
    Hunter gets steamrolled by melee once they get close.

Good luck getting away from a DK.

Feral is probably best all around. Good in arena, strong in world pvp, stealth for ganking..

Ret vs Hunter might be doable for a hunter if the Paladin has neither wings nor bubble. Otherwise you're going to have a bad time.
    Is that so?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    I see a lot of l2p issues ITT. Go hunter mate and learn to master the class. You will steamroll everything trust me.
    Yes, you will steamroll all bots and undergeared noobs that cross your path, I promise. Well between spirit resser meetings after you were mandhandled by rogues and ferals and there was no healer to save your ass.

Hunter's can't beat Ret Paladins, Glad Warriors or Feral Druids (edit: and I forgot- UH/Blood DK's) - the three most common melee at the moment - who is left?

As for spellcasters they can't beat Balance Druids, Aff Locks or Shadow Priests either. We can kill mages though so I suppose there's that.

There is no "L2P" issue here, let's be honest, Hunters are incredibly easy to play now, it's just our kit is catered towards teamplay and not solo play.
    I wholeheartedly disagree with you. Whether it be in 2s or random BGs, I wreck UH/FDK, glad wars are my biggest challenge but killable. And Feral? In some cases easier for me to kill than ret pallies. It is L2P issue apparently. Just yesterday our whole pvp guild was talking about the class that was lord of the battlegrounds, and that class was overwhelmingly hunter. Kill shot as MM is the greatest comedic tool ever created, to see someone just fall flat after they hit 35% is the biggest I WIN button that exists in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Ummm what every BG I've been in the last two weeks Hunters have only been beaten (in terms of KBs and DMG) by Rets and DK's, maybe a few Ferals as well but saying Hunters are horrible w/o a healer is just....not true at all.
    Eh, to be fair that's pretty anecdotal. I was just gearing my Warrior and topped damage in every BG I wasn't afk during as Arms, that spec is no joke, I was pretty far ahead of everything else (usually around 1 million more damage than others, aside from Boomkins who were usually even with me). That being said, a good Hunter will absolutely destroy everything in BGs.

I'm surprised how many people are saying that Hunters aren't good 1v1, they kind of destroy everything if they know what they're doing. A good Hunter will hardly ever be touched if they know how to kite, granted a bad Hunter is a giant waste of space, but a decent Hunter should hardly ever take damage from most things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Hunter gets steamrolled by melee once they get close.

Good luck getting away from a DK.

Feral is probably best all around. Good in arena, strong in world pvp, stealth for ganking..
    No wonder I get DK's and rets coming at me like they think they can win, there must be so many bad hunters if people think they can't get away from DK's or rets easily.

Wow I can't believe so many people think hunters are weak for solo bg's and weak against melee. I just have no issue at all against them, I see them as nothing but HK cows.

Deleted
    because in your stupid random bgs you just pick off DKs with low gear and cooldowns.

Get in an arena where DK has all cooldowns and all pvp gear and tell me you get away from an unholy DK with all their slows and ability to grip you back.

For mostly solo BG? Hunter!
    MM hunter is fun in BG doing lots of damage.

Deleted
    All this misinformation about hunters being shit in pvp. Anyone who claims so is either playing against bad hunters or afk hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate
    I wholeheartedly disagree with you. Whether it be in 2s or random BGs, I wreck UH/FDK, glad wars are my biggest challenge but killable. And Feral? In some cases easier for me to kill than ret pallies. It is L2P issue apparently. Just yesterday our whole pvp guild was talking about the class that was lord of the battlegrounds, and that class was overwhelmingly hunter. Kill shot as MM is the greatest comedic tool ever created, to see someone just fall flat after they hit 35% is the biggest I WIN button that exists in PvP.
    Just to re-iterate, I think Hunters are fine in group PvP (or any time they have a healer really). I'd be really interested in knowing how you beat an Unholy DK. They can kill me without even getting in melee range just from a combination of their extreme tank and ranged damage burst.

Completely agree that Kill Shot was too much, but instead of nerfing it's damage they should have nerfed its % activation threshold - instead BM took the collateral

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    Hey everyone, I need your advice.

I need to choose a class for the expansion, and I just can't. I'm choosing between (well, the title says it all) DK and Hunter, DK is 95, Hunter is 96. I like melee in general, and many things attract me to my DK (High Warlord rank, awesome follower rolls, etc.), but I love tricky things I can pull with my hunter using clever traps, binding arrows, etc. I just feel DKs may lack a bit of depth, but I haven't been playing in a long time and I'm not 100 yet.

Overall: I'm looking for a fun (mostly solo) BG class with occasional arenas here and there. What can net me more fun considering I mostly play solo? I need your opinion :<
    "fun (mostly solo) BG class with a bit of arena would be Hunter hands down...Its fun, does really well in PvE...excellent at handling melee -and WoD has OP melee- and you can play 3 very distinct styles.

Having said that DK damage is ridiculous right now in PvP and Frost is putting up some serious numbers...the class gets kited so keep that in mind...

I play SV (MM and BM are cool but I like DoTs and control) you need to know how to damage as SV and things will melt...Use a pet with Mortal Wounds (MS) like scorpion...

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Eh, to be fair that's pretty anecdotal. I was just gearing my Warrior and topped damage in every BG I wasn't afk during as Arms, that spec is no joke, I was pretty far ahead of everything else (usually around 1 million more damage than others, aside from Boomkins who were usually even with me). That being said, a good Hunter will absolutely destroy everything in BGs.

I'm surprised how many people are saying that Hunters aren't good 1v1, they kind of destroy everything if they know what they're doing. A good Hunter will hardly ever be touched if they know how to kite, granted a bad Hunter is a giant waste of space, but a decent Hunter should hardly ever take damage from most things.
    If I'm not mistaken Hunters are the number 1 played class atm, with that said the majority of WoW's player base is pretty bad (not saying I'm an amazing player) so the amount of bad Hunters are up there. But when people say Hunters are a bad class in pvp they are flat out wrong (not to mention last time I checked the number 1 ranked person in Arena is a human hunter, which was 5 days ago).

Two random BG's, 1st SS was a few days ago and 2nd was last night

Deleted
    Pfft, bg stats. I wouldn't consider my class worth it in pvp if I got smashed in every 1v1 encounter EVEN if I top the kb and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Litter View Post
    Pfft, bg stats. I wouldn't consider my class worth it in pvp if I got smashed in every 1v1 encounter EVEN if I top the kb and shit.
    You get smashed in 'every 1v1' as a WoD hunter? Do you realize that your experience is pretty much a human issue..as in many others actually smashed others 1v1 as hunters!

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    You get smashed in 'every 1v1' as a WoD hunter? Do you realize that your experience is pretty much a human issue..as in many others actually smashed others 1v1 as hunters!
    Eh, that's not true. Hunters can kite many melee to death, but many classes can simply outlast hunters. Hunters damage is fine but their defensive ability beyond kiting is really really bad. It's not the same as your alt, where Leveling up hunters simply have better scaling and wreck everyone. At 100 they still do decent damage but you don't have much sustain. Anyone with decent self heals should be able to outlast you if they're any good at all. And using deterrence typically only gives those classes more time to heal, and that's... Like all of your defense right there. If you can get s good set up, or a jump on someone or kite a bad melee player, you're in good shape, but come across a really good shadow priests, druid especially balance, frost mage, etc. 1v1 you'll pretty often get outlasted and bursted down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly: Against hybrids self healing you can interrupt using counter shot, freeze trap and glyphed exp trap. It just takes a heap of practice and learning how classes play in pvp to do it right. Binding shot + glyphed exp shot is also good to pressure them hard when they start trying to heal. Against specs like blood dk's, retadins and enh shamans keep your pet off them so they can't do instant/buffed self heals.

Against S. priests, boomkins etc pressure them hard - Rapid fire and spam aimed shot, use aspect of the fox to keep your mastery up for longer when you need to move and use roar of sacrifice to reduce their burst and dots. Its what I do and I have great success doing it. Use a cancel aura macro for deterrence for the decent pvpers that take the time to self heal when you pop it.

Against aff locks, counter shot haunt and you will be doing all kinds of pressure on them.