Fire mage discussion

Hey everyone!

So the last set of hotfixes were definitely a plus to mages. Ive been playing frost up till now and I have always loved fire but as we all know its either really strong or really bad. Now that fire has gotten some love i was hoping to get some info on whats doing well for em. mainly im curious about the last three talent tiers and what are the good combos and what is viable to run. I dont really run sims or anything so if anyone is willing to run some on the talents that would be awesome!

Dont take this as 100% true, have not raid or dungeon tested it after hotfix, just used it in openworld, but from my understanding, Meteor is currently the best lvl 100 talent. Can be combined in the rotation before using combustion to up Ignite (Dont know in what order or when to cast it for this to be optimal), Just know it Ignites target, and thus could possibly help increase it. I want Kindling to be good, but we're just not there yet, on a Dummy I managed to scrap 15s of the CD on it. (30% Crit on char info, not in Fire gear what so ever) And Prismatic Crystal can go die in a fire.

Rune of Power is sadly kind of obvious, harder hits means higher Ignites, so on standstill fights, this is the talent to go for. (Even tho Fire still is behind both other specs on single target)

As for lvl 75, I have no clue. Currently using living bomb (also did so while I lvled to just have some guaranteed dmg done onto a target), and its nice when farming outdoor mobs, pull alot, LB one, spread it and they all die (The dmg it does alone on one target is not exactly good).

At lvl 90, Unstable Magic was best, wasting GCD's on LB or BW just was not worth it while fishing for Pyro procs (May have changed now since procs dont happend as frequently)
    Last edited by Gaman; 2014-12-10 at 03:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For ST go BW/MI/Meteor

For Cleave/AoE go LB/MI/Meteor
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    ...Meteor is currently the best lvl 100 talent. Can be combined in the rotation before using combustion to up Ignite (Dont know in what order or when to cast it for this to be optimal), Just know it Ignites target, and thus could possibly help increase it...
    "Get a heating up proc and pyro proc. then meteor, fireball , chain pyro when out of pyro use combustion, and explode on the boss"
    -http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...use-Combustion

Saw that earlier today, hope it helps. Seemed to work well for me.

thanks guys. does anyone have some more in depth details about MI vs RoP? moe of a general mage question and im fine that everyone says Mi right now cause i like it but i dont really get why its better even on aoe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickxD View Post
    thanks guys. does anyone have some more in depth details about MI vs RoP? moe of a general mage question and im fine that everyone says Mi right now cause i like it but i dont really get why its better even on aoe
    Apologies, I made a mistake. Indeed go RoP for extended cleave and AoE. As long as you can stand in it for the duration, it will beat out MI. Same for IF generally for high movement fights.

Fire's MI don't hit that hard if you want more ignite and combustion damage go RoP. Always been an issue with MI. Frost's MI are always the strongest.

Hi, tell me plz, can i spread my dots from the boss to the PC with inferno blast? I tried it like this: Having ignite on boss, using combustion, placing crystall near target, use inferno blast on target, and it didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    "Get a heating up proc and pyro proc. then meteor, fireball , chain pyro when out of pyro use combustion, and explode on the boss"
    -http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...use-Combustion

Saw that earlier today, hope it helps. Seemed to work well for me.
    Sounds correct in theory, since Meteor use quite some time to hit and should thus hit somewhere during Pyro chain I imagine. Nice to know, thanks for info.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylegs View Post
    Hi, tell me plz, can i spread my dots from the boss to the PC with inferno blast? I tried it like this: Having ignite on boss, using combustion, placing crystall near target, use inferno blast on target, and it didnt work.
    Have not had time to play since I posted yesterday, but I do belive I remember reading somewhere that dots cannot be spread to or from PC. (Might have been only combustion(?), but unsure, so dont take this as fact). Should just try it out on a dummy I guess, unless someone can 100% confirm here.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can spread DoTs from PC to adds, but not the other way around.