Fire Verse Frost. Post patch

What you guys think about Fire verse Frost post changes.

Frost with 25% buff to frostbolt i seam to do about 25k dps. Thats what 655 ilvl
    Fire i have not tried optimized yet. What you guys thinking on that changes will you go fire now for most fights for MS? I see most people are saying Fire/Arcane cause of shared stats. I just dont think i could see my self going Arcane but for Butcher. So not sure. Let me know what you guys think please.

I like Fire the best, so I play fire now... doing around 16-20k dps on fights, which is what I did with frost pre patch... I have around 35% crit, so I guess once that numbers goes even Higher it will pull ahead of frost

Deleted
    I will be staying Frost for the majority of Highmaul progress and transition in to Arcane with offspec Fire for Blackrock.

The 665 sims on SimC's homepage use Normal Blackrock gear, you should take fire's DPS value with a pinch of salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently it is:

ST - Arcane > Frost >> Fire

With Arcane falling behind with movement

Cleave - Frost ~= Fire > Arcane

Fire might surprass Frost due to reliability of Cleave in comparison to Splitting Ice

AoE - Fire >>> Frost > Arcane

Fire is god tier.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Currently it is:

ST - Arcane > Frost >> Fire

With Arcane falling behind with movement

Cleave - Frost ~= Fire > Arcane

Fire might surprass Frost due to reliability of Cleave in comparison to Splitting Ice

AoE - Fire >>> Frost > Arcane

Fire is god tier.
    This does not take in to account your current gear.

Here's the sim for, with my gear:

The sim swaps all my gems and enchants to the best for Arcane too, I'm not fudging the numbers. I think Arcane will perform very well for the Butcher, but the other fights are quite movement intensive so I still see frost being top during progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasc View Post
    This does not take in to account your current gear.

Here's the sim for, with my gear:

The sim swaps all my gems and enchants to the best for Arcane too, I'm not fudging the numbers. I think Arcane will perform very well for the Butcher, but the other fights are quite movement intensive so I still see frost being top during progress.
    Well yeah.. if you're in all frost gear and enchants..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphed View Post
    Well yeah.. if you're in all frost gear and enchants..
    Read my post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasc View Post
    Read my post again.
    To be fair, you only swapped gems and enchants, and not gear. I'd imagine that totals 300 secondaries, at most?

Most of your gear will still be optimized for frost, which means it won't have a lot of mastery.

Ill probably be playing Frost since I have 30% multistrike just from heroic dungeons and 2 items from garrison invasions. Once I get more crit on my gear, Ill be switching to Fire fulltime. Right now, Im planning to go fire for AoE and Cleave fights.

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    To be fair, you only swapped gems and enchants, and not gear. I'd imagine that totals 300 secondaries, at most?

Most of your gear will still be optimized for frost, which means it won't have a lot of mastery.
    Exactly what fire gear do you think exists in highmaul?

Deleted
    fire because it's the coolest spec

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Exactly what fire gear do you think exists in highmaul?
    I .... did not realize the extent that Fire was screwed, gear wise, in Highmaul.

You learn something new everyday, I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    I .... did not realize the extent that Fire was screwed, gear wise, in Highmaul.

You learn something new everyday, I guess.
    And he was simming against arcane, which unsurprisingly has to use the same gear as frost, since there is only one item per slot (trash drops aside). Right now I don't see why anyone would bother touching either fire or arcane. Good luck doing DPS as fire without getting even two pyro crits before combustion.