Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Remove Minimap - Garrison - Ore dots

How hard, if possible, would it be to adjust the map settings/code to only show the ore dots while I'm actually inside the mine in my Garrison. It seems to be a zone of it's own; it has it's own name and there are those buff things (pickaxe and coffee) that you can only use while in the mine.

Possibly a little codesnippet that can be implemented in a minimap addon of your choice.

I'm not a miner so I'm not tracking ore, but the garrison mine ore shows up on the minimap anyway and I find it somewhat annoying.

easiest way to get the ore dots to disappear is to mine them

10+ Year Old Account
    Go mine the ore, that will adjust the map settings and make the ore disappear.

Mine the ore?
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes mining the ore would or is the obvious solution, but sometimes I don't want to and the dots are distracting so see. They clutter up the minimap with things that I do not want to see. I know they are there, even if I don't see them. I just don't want to see them.

I would also like to pretend the ore doesn't exist, dislike how you have all those miners, but have to mine the ore yourself.

This is annoying me as well. The ore is worthless. It's a waste of time to mine. I still do it every day because the dots are annoying and distracting on the minimap. I'm hoping there will be an addon for this soon.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just to update the thread I started and that the issue has been somewhat resolved with the help of Clean Garrison. They are still there, but I just can't see them anymore. So out of sight, out of mind.

actually the ore is not worthless. i run 1 lvl 3 and 3 lvl 2 mines and still have to buy ore every 2 or so days to support crafting for 2 blackmith, 1 jewelcrafter and 1 Engineer.
    Remember, that 60 ore is worth about 10 draenic dust, aka ca 60 gold on my realm, so i buy them and make low jc parts out of them and sell them as a dust. This was making me very rich, but now ore prices are up to the point where it isnt worth the time for me. Only 20-30 silber bargain per ore baught now, it used to be 50-60.

And you get a lot of primal spirits from the mine too, a savage blood (about 2 k) every 4-5 days from doing the mine is pretty okish..

10+ Year Old Account
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI