Twin Ogres - Afflication

Can anyone tell me what the rotation for affliction is, or what the best way to do dps against 2 targets is? or is it just to try to get dots up on both as best as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the rotation for affliction is, or what the best way to do dps against 2 targets is? or is it just to try to get dots up on both as best as possible?
    keep dots up, keep up sb: haunt buff (haunting spirits) as much as possible. Pop cd's when you have haunting spirits and enough shards to put a regular haunt on the primary target. drain soul (hopefully a haunted target) when not doing any of those things

As much as possible, refresh dots prior to popping cd's or casting haunt (rember, no snapshotting in WoD). This will allow more drain soul time while your best buffs and target debuffs are active.

Yeh thanks, i thought so, whats the best addon to track dots on 2 targets, currently what i use only tracks my primary target

Thought SDerv was good as well
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    Yeh thanks, i thought so, whats the best addon to track dots on 2 targets, currently what i use only tracks my primary target
    You can set up Weak Auras to show multi-target debuffs, or you can use something like Raven or Gnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Thought SDerv was good as well
    I think it is from limited data I've seen. Probably on Single target at current ilvl 640-655 they are equal or maybe even serv ahead. But the OP asked about multi target, where SB: haunt just becomes way more valuable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    I think it is from limited data I've seen. Probably on Single target at current ilvl 640-655 they are equal or maybe even serv ahead. But the OP asked about multi target, where SB: haunt just becomes way more valuable.
    Dunno, Twins are semi high movement, more so on mythic, all top parses use DServitude.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more haste you get, the more consistent shard generation becomes and SB: Haunt becomes more effective > Serv.

My sims seem to show Sup/Sev beating SB:Haunt on single target even in 695 gear. It's not by much though so sometime next tier SB:Haunt should pull ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    The more haste you get, the more consistent shard generation becomes and SB: Haunt becomes more effective > Serv.
    Yes. Right now, serv ok single target but SB: haunt competative single, better multi.

Later, sb: haunt >> serv

Yes. Right now, serv ok single target but SB: haunt competative single, better multi.

Later, sb: haunt >> serv
    You realize that is just SIMULATION, right? And in reality, you will be moving a lot in fights....which makes DServ the obvious option.
    Graviity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    You realize that is just SIMULATION, right? And in reality, you will be moving a lot in fights....which makes DServ the obvious option.
    its not as cut and dry as that, you need to take more things into account than just whether or not it is a heavy movement fight, even on heavy movement fights DServ might not be the obvious or best choice.

Deleted
    Opener: Pre cast soul burn (ask for 25 sec pull if you can, so you have a soul burn running and all soul shard on pull),
    3 sec left prepot cast haunt
    Unstable affliction cast (1 sec before pull)
    Dark soul soulswap (should still have soul burn up so it puts up all the dots with soul swap)
    Soul swap to other ogre and haunt on other ogre (now you have haunt and full dots on both ogres)
    Spam drain soul until procs end and tadaa ez 60k opener in 640 gear

During fire phase just reapply agony and corruption on both targets and when you have some free time and space between the fire either unstable affliction re apply or drain soul

Make sure you always have at least 2 shards if you have no procs. If you get procs then dark soul and make sure both targets are already dotted previously, haunt on both targets and drain soul one of them (can quickly re apply short running dots, cuz fast globals with dark soul)
    Last edited by mmoc6d261dd0e1; 2014-12-11 at 08:01 AM.