Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Thats pretty good DPS...like top level for any calss right?
    we have a lot of classes at varying ilvls doing higher damage. The player who can squeeze more out will always do higher dps barring rng

i mean with ilvl your dps should go up too, but its all about getting the max out of gcd's and the max out of your priority rotation, for sv its less punishing to make mistakes though if you cast a arcane shot instead of explosive a few times your dps isnt going to drop compared to mm casting aimed shot 2ce over a chim shot. I cant wait to be BIS again so i can compete with the best again, even if it takes longer (my guild has some top caliber players but were all old men who only raid 6 hours a week, and will do mythic like other progression guilds).

As other people have said, Marksman is miles ahead of both BM and Surv so I would suggest switching. If you are doing 15-16k as BM you should easily hit 19-20k MM

Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    As other people have said, Marksman is miles ahead of both BM and Surv so I would suggest switching. If you are doing 15-16k as BM you should easily hit 19-20k MM
    why switch if you arent having fun. yes i can do 3k more on butcher with mm but why play a spec you dont like? if you wanted to only do big D damage go play the flavor of the month classes, but if not you can still be doing competitive damage with other specs.
    Last edited by jpthepope; 2014-12-13 at 05:31 AM. Reason: it double posted

Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    why switch if you arent having fun. yes i can do 3k more on butcher with mm but why play a spec you dont like? if you wanted to only do big D damage go play the flavor of the month classes, but if not you can still be doing competitive damage with other specs.
    The thing is - a 15% difference in single target DPS pretty much makes the switch to MM close to mandotary. Not to mention that MM dps allocation is shifted to opening and execution phases, where it matters the most on majority of fights. This is basically the reason why most progression guilds still have 3-4 MM hunters in their 20mans - insane execution phase dps. That makes fights with boss enrage or additional abilities at low HP (Butcher, Tectus and so on) a whole lot easier. Sure, you can show slightly higher numbers on Tectus as a BM, but your damage would be spread thin and the lack of single target damage would give boss more time to heal.
    Main point being - unless you and your raid are overgeared and/or are skilled enough to make killing boss a walk in a park, you would be much more useful by sticking to MM

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    The thing is - a 15% difference in single target DPS pretty much makes the switch to MM close to mandotary. Not to mention that MM dps allocation is shifted to opening and execution phases, where it matters the most on majority of fights. This is basically the reason why most progression guilds still have 3-4 MM hunters in their 20mans - insane execution phase dps. That makes fights with boss enrage or additional abilities at low HP (Butcher, Tectus and so on) a whole lot easier. Sure, you can show slightly higher numbers on Tectus as a BM, but your damage would be spread thin and the lack of single target damage would give boss more time to heal.
    Main point being - unless you and your raid are overgeared and/or are skilled enough to make killing boss a walk in a park, you would be much more useful by sticking to MM
    No, it isn't mandatory which is what your suggesting unless you are trying to be top .1% of a guild. You understand that i can go roll a monk right now and do "insane damage" but its not mandatory to do it cause while my guild is a mythic progression guild we are not method and we know it takes weeks of grinding to get the gear that they already have. Also thinking that you can over gear this stage of progression like idk all the top 1% guilds have already done (method being 670 right now average fyi when they were doing heroics and mythics) makes it a joke. Also another thing to consider is player skill, if im top 2% of sv hunter im probably going to be beating and carrying more than the bottom dps, aka heroic butcher 23k will carry 16k and if people are below that then they shouldn't be progressing or should learn to play their class since every class is capable of 20k or better at 640. If you want to go mm go right ahead but if you want to do your raid justice you would be more useful going monk..... (jk thats a bad argument :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I just did a raid tonight.

Was told by my lovable raid leader trusmoov I should try go MM even though I hate it badly.
    I did try survival once just to see the difference.

I forgot to log Kargath Bladefist but the others are there.

I managed to get a bit better gear this time. was 627 on butcher and 630 at the end.
    I switched to my priest at the last few tries or imperator cause we were lagging a bit of healing.

Please disregard all the unknowns. my game started fucking up badly. currently reinstalling the game to see if that fixes it. (even removing all addons did not fix it.)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=3

So what am I doing wrong

Also armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alepp/advanced

Please note the reason I am not using the 680 ring is because I have not gotten it yet. forgot all about it on my hunter. so until I get it im using these 2 rings I have equipped.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-12-14 at 10:19 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad when I'm running these tests, pop every cooldown as BM and barely scratch MM's surface

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    It's sad when I'm running these tests, pop every cooldown as BM and barely scratch MM's surface
    please don't turn it into a discussion which is op etc. I would like to know what I am doing wrong and what I can do better.

edit here is a much better log from last raid

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-12-14 at 11:56 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    please don't turn it into a discussion which is op etc. I would like to know what I am doing wrong and what I can do better.

edit here is a much better log from last raid

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    I didn't mean to, I just don't think you're doing too many things wrong and the spec itself could use some buffs.

Good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    I didn't mean to, I just don't think you're doing too many things wrong and the spec itself could use some buffs.

Good luck

Sorry properly me misunderstanding you.

Agree with you as well bm and survival could use a buff.

You say I don't do many things wrong, can you point out what I do wrong? Just so I have a general idea where to improve for next raid.

Deleted
    Í just came into this thread and saw that you aren't BM anymore, but anyway did you use A Murder of Crows with your BM spec, and did you try to stack as much multistrike as possible in your bm spec? Cause thats what you want to. Granted Blink Strikes is better for some fights, I easily do 17k sustained with this char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hazkali/simple in raids. Inb4 MM is better, sure it is but I have the luxury of playing what I find fun since my guild is all about fun and not elitist min maxing.
    OP: If you rather wanna play BM in raids, go ahead and do it. You shouldn't be forced to play a spec you find boring also nobody can force you to play what you like except if they are paying for your monthly sub, just saying.
    Last edited by mmoc8f9b3f6466; 2014-12-15 at 11:28 AM.

The hard fact is that if you want to be the best you can in (progression) raids, go MM LW. That's it. End of story. Blizzard picks one dominant Hunter spec and either one or two garbage specs by dartboard at every expansion's launch.

I played BM and Surv for years and learned both of them even though I was never a fan of SV especially. Right now MM is far and away better than the other two and the priority shot rotation is literally 4 buttons. In progression or mythic raids, especially fights like the Butcher, it IS wrong to say "I like this spec that does 25% less dps lol". If your attempts consistently fall to enrage timers, and you are not your optimal spec, then you are unfortunately not helping your guild as well as possible. (If you are not doing progression it's no biggie, but in progression stuff like this really does matter.)

Is it fair? No. Has it been the Hunter's story since BC? Yes. Just be thankful the Hunter's playstyle between specs isn't as hugely different as some other classes (Enh Vs Ele Shaman as one example).

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, everyone saying drop BM for MM is RIGHT. It's not being ignorant, it's a known fact, MM is far superior to both specs even. Hell, I hated swapping to MM, but after the few weeks of raiding, it's grown on me, and it becomes second nature just like BM was. Just try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Linked earlier a log of me playing MM

Is it possible anyone can look into it and tell me why i'm so low.

Dislike playing Marksman, and my raid leader did not force me to, she is a nice person who allow people to play what they desire but I can not complain about the dps the difference is there, and even if I play my best as survival I simply can't beat myself playing MM at my current level.

I am the kind of guy that would rather play something for the group than for personal gain, which was also the main reason I switched to my priest during hte last couple of tries on imperator..

Deleted
    I'm looking at Wipe No.5 here

You seem to use Barrage on single target instead of Aimed Shot alot. At one point there is a 1 minute delay between Aimed Shots and more often than not 30seconds between each one of them.

edit: nvm... looked at the wrong Hunter.

but the amount of Aimed Shots is low in general isn't it? It's pretty much 1:1 to chimaera shot, shouldn't it be more around 1,5:1 or even 2:1?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2014-12-15 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I'm looking at Wipe No.5 here

You seem to use Barrage on single target instead of Aimed Shot alot. At one point there is a 1 minute delay between Aimed Shots and more often than not 30seconds between each one of them.

edit: nvm... looked at the wrong Hunter.
    Sorry should have said I am Kalepp the hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Noticed in the later fights that is true. why No clue.

In the earlier fight ie boss 1-5 I am close to a 1.5:1 ratio.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of making a new thread is it possible a mod can change the name to "Fix my dps, hunter I suck badly at it."

Just had another raid. I convinced my raid leader to let me try out survival again. Which seemed to boost my dps. But I still fell its a bit low. also we were not able to get butcher hc down sadly. still stuck on normal imperator.

This is properly my best try on butcher

But here is the whole log. I tried to get more aimed shots in as MM but it seems it made my dps worse.

Any hints towards making my dps better as survival and or MM.
    I just want to be better so I don't let my group down.

Still on healing job with my main for Imperator. ^_^