Poll: Who is better at pvp?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Alliance, because Horde has been "trending" for years now, getting all the crappy players. We used to be awesome before all the hype.

Alliance racials are slightly better for PvP, though man do people exaggerate. Humans have an awesome racial, yeah, but it's not the equivalence of an additional trinket slot. Calling it that hurts the credibility of your argument.

Because competitive min-maxers pvpers don't really care about slight advantages on the playing field. Hint, most of the these players do care.

I won't however argue that your first point is not valid. I do agree with it happening to some extent. Just that racials do factor more than some people are giving credit.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    Alliance, because Horde has been "trending" for years now, getting all the crappy players. We used to be awesome before all the hype.

Alliance racials are slightly better for PvP, though man do people exaggerate. Humans have an awesome racial, yeah, but it's not the equivalence of an additional trinket slot. Calling it that hurts the credibility of your argument.
    I agree with the first part, but it kind of is the equiv of another trinket.

You get to have two dps trinkets while retaining the benefit of the medallion.

I'm not sure how it could be construed as anything else.

Deleted
    You forgot the "none" answer...

Coz we have roughly 50 / 50 ration on victory in random bgs...

Human racial is the exact same as a PVP trinket, a requirement for pvp. Not having to worry about having a medallion equipped frees up a trinket slot.

Can you explain how it's anything but an extra trinket slot?

Depends on what kind of PvP. Big scale PvP alliance always has a slight edge in general for who knows what reason, but in most medium sized BGs horde has a very distinct win ratio advantage. In arenas factions doesn't matter.

I hate questions like these. There's great players on both side; The only argument you can use is there are more alliance on the ladders because people prefer humans for their racials. it doesn't mean it's better, it just means people like to feel like they're at an advantage when they're really not, so people roll the, and i quote, 'fotm' faction.

As for which faction is better in bgs, it has nothing to do with individual skill level or how well players work as a team. If I do an AV or IoC you have people on ally running around like headless chickens and still winning - If you play as horde, no matter how well you work as a team, you don't win (at least not often). It just takes time for the general swing of things to change in 40 man bgs like IoC and AV, it has nothing to do with how good each player is. Both sides have pretty much 80% terrible players, 15% decent ones and 5% really good ones; And i'm not saying that to say cocky (i'm not even disclosing what percentile i'm in) - It's just really what i've noticed. Bgs are typically filled with keyboard turners/people that have zero game knowledge or how to counter anything/people that make constant bad decisions and just yolo into the enemy team (even if they're decent) and basically give away wins because they want to 1v10 teams.

I'd put AV and IoC being lost down to this. Horde players started losing more frequently than usual for whatever reason (more bots on horde due to whatever? idk) - Horde players realized that they weren't winning it enough but they had a much higher win-chance in smaller bgs, so they blacklisted it. Anyone that queues into IoC or AV as horde now are bots or the few people that are ever optimistic and think they always have a chance (which they do, it's just very slim).
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2014-12-10 at 12:08 PM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

oh how wrong you are

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Oh please, the human racial doesn't make or break anything.
    Ha nothing like a free pvp trinket. Can't tell you how many times being a human would have saved my life. Their racial is a deal-breaker. A to give you an example of how many humans there are... in ashran it took me 8 hours to get 350 NE kills for the glad sanctum. For all 500 humans it took me 3 hours. Humans are like rabbits in PvP at the moment. Overpopulated and reproducing like crazy.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    Ha nothing like a free pvp trinket. Can't tell you how many times being a human would have saved my life. Their racial is a deal-breaker.

What? So you go into pvp without equipping an actual pvp trinket and then blame humans for having a built-in one? Try buying a pvp trinket and equipping it, I hear it can save your life.
    What would humans have instead of a pvp trinket? Omg, a dps trinket that could make up for a whopping 2% increase in performance. Man, nerf that shit asap.

People don't understand its only half a trinket, its still super good just not as "OP" as they think. by being able to equip the on use effect trinket (88 versa, 520 str on use) we give up the 210 crit from the standard pvp trinket. the on use effect is still really good but its the not same as an extra full trinket slot.

Also the wowhead link isn't correct, not sure if its 88 versa and 520 str on use or 88 st, 520 versa on use. if its the latter, its much weaker.

Deleted
    "Ah well, it is time for the alliance to shine." - Holinka 2014

Alliance has better racials. Thats a fact. Almost 100% of top 100 in 3v3 on both EU and US are ALL Alliance.

Cant argue with facts

Depends on battle grp etc to but as its been said most will min max chances and go alliance for racials

Alliance has been better since Cata (although Horde had its moments.. orc stun reduction at start of MoP and WotF at end of Cata), just US were a little bit slow to transfer. People have been moving Alliance on EU for ages - Stormscale-EU is barely a quarter the server it used to be.

The buff to Human, Dwarf and Gnome racials with WoD release was probably what triggered Americano's to finally transfer though.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2014-12-10 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance, because we are better hung IRL.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Alliance, because we are better hung IRL.
    I don't know why you would brag that it easier to get hanged as an Alliance player irl. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    It's not even a slight advantage right now, Dwarfs, and Humans, have a major advantage in pvp because of their racials.
    look at the front page 6 out of 10 and 4 out of the top 5 guilds are horde for Mythic Highmaul progress.that could only mean horde racial are OP'ed for pve and must be nerfed asap.this is 100% proof horde racials are op'ed right? the #'s are right there.

ally for double trink. Wish they would just make racials cosmetic.

The faction racials may be better for Alliance but I still win 75% of my bgs while on Horde...

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now it's obviously Alliance.

Human and D0rf racials are making all the min/maxers faction change over.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama