Deleted

Which are the best audio speakers?

Hello there guys!
    Question is, I'm in Boston for holidays, and electronic stuff are way cheaper here than in UK.
    I need a good audio speaker for my Desktop.
    I'd like a portable one, not so small though as I will bring it in my suitcase.
    Don't mention Beats cause it's crap and expensive, for the rest, I'm open for anything.

Thanks!

Which are the best audio speakers?
    This question is impossible for us to answer for you. Sound is very subjective and some speakers sound great to some people and sound awful to others. I suggest you go shopping and see what you like.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

When I saw the title, I immediately thought, "Legacy Audio".

I've heard the best from Watt and some of the best custom designers, but I've never heard anything...ANYTHING to rival the Legacy Audio Whispers...

Then I read your post and saw you meant desktop speakers.

So... maybe the Klipsch 2.1 desktop set? It's got amazing sound for the price and Klipsch is a respected name in audio. If you can, I'd audition them. I dunno about fitting in a suitcase, but it'd probably be worth it to slap an address label on them and pay for the "extra bag" fee...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using some logitech speakers. they've all i've used for a long time... rich sound, very loud, deep bass! very good...
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    I've been using some logitech speakers. they've all i've used for a long time... rich sound, very loud, deep bass! very good...
    I used to say that till I heard some studio monitors.

Even the smallest studio monitors will blow away, and I mean any, set of computer speakers.

I'm currently using a pair of Presonus Eris E5 monitors...

http://www.amazon.com/Presonus-Eris-...esonus+eris+e5

Went with my friend to pick up his M-Audio BX5 D2s recently too, which are also awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-BX5-D2...ds=m-audio+bx5
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I used to say that till I heard some studio monitors.

Even the smallest studio monitors will blow away, and I mean any, set of computer speakers.

I'm currently using a pair of Presonus Eris E5 monitors...

http://www.amazon.com/Presonus-Eris-...esonus+eris+e5

Went with my friend to pick up his M-Audio BX5 D2s recently too, which are also awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-BX5-D2...ds=m-audio+bx5
    Again, it depends on what you are looking for in a speaker. I don't like monitors for my pc because I don't care about the sound being accurate. I don't do studio mixing and I don't need perfectly accurate sound on my pc. I play games and I watch movies, so I would prefer speakers that give a more colored sound for those kinds of things. I would rather have a speaker that pounds my chest when there is an explosion than one that has almost no bass but you can hear Taylor Swift's tonsils flop in her throat while she sings.

It all comes back around to the OP and his personal preferences. Saying X speaker type or Y are better than Z are about as relevant as having a discussion about what kind of food tastes best. He really should just go in and listen to the speakers and make his own decision from there.
    Last edited by lloose; 2014-12-10 at 06:22 AM.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

10+ Year Old Account
    heh, you've not heard many 5"+ studio monitors, have you? ^_<

Also, that's why folks like Cyanotical buy a dedicated subwoofer.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best speakers? Well, you know, there are a number of manufacturers; Bowers & Wilkins, Dali, Velodyne, System Audio, REL, Genelec, Aurelia, Martin Logan, Monitor Audio, Wharfedale, Yamaha, Elac, KEF..... I could go on.

Your question is about as vague as asking "What's the best car?", without giving any kind of budget or explaining what you need it for.

Deleted
    Thanks guys! Basically I wanna a mix between a good speaker to watch movies and to listen to music.
    Budget doesn't matter but 150USD would be great.
    If it's portable it's even better.
    I've seen some good brands around, don't reckon the names now but JBL speaker is a good one I've heard.

Deleted
    Got a question, you are in Boston NA for holidays and I presume you are from the UK from the sounds of it.

How will you be able to carry said speakers over.

Decent speaker packages are by no means tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by solfan01 View Post
    Hello there guys!
    Question is, I'm in Boston for holidays, and electronic stuff are way cheaper here than in UK.
    I need a good audio speaker for my Desktop.
    I'd like a portable one, not so small though as I will bring it in my suitcase.
    Don't mention Beats cause it's crap and expensive, for the rest, I'm open for anything.

Thanks!
    If you're not buying a sub you're not getting the "best" of any of them. That being said, I have a set of Altec-Lansing speakers, similar to this, that I think sound great and have performed flawlessly for over 15 years.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You wont get anything good at 150$, really :P

Personally I'd suggest Genelecs (Finnish sound ftw) but even the cheapest ones cost like 250-300$ per speaker (so 500-600$ + 500$ for a sub) :P
    Another one you could try is Audi Pro... I think the cheaper ones are like 200$ for a set of two (+350$ for a sub if you want one). Not as good as Genelec but good enough!

And as others have said, you really want a sub as just 2 normal speakers aint gonna give you proper sound, especially if you like watching movies and such. But yeah, a set of "proper" speakers + sub is gonna cost you at the very least around 500-600$ or so.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2014-12-11 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    And as others have said, you really want a sub as just 2 normal speakers aint gonna give you proper sound, especially if you like watching movies and such.
    That's a bit of an assumption :P It highly depends on the size and shape of the room they're in and also ofc the speakers themselves.
    I've got a pair of Jamo S506 floorstanding speakers in a ~15m2 room, having an extra sub would be completely pointless unless I'd reeeeeally want to piss of my neighbours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    That's a bit of an assumption :P It highly depends on the size and shape of the room they're in and also ofc the speakers themselves.
    I've got a pair of Jamo S506 floorstanding speakers in a ~15m2 room, having an extra sub would be completely pointless unless I'd reeeeeally want to piss of my neighbours.
    Yeah, one of the users, forget his tag because he barely posts anymore... he had some big ol' floor standers and said they were louder than anything needed to be, more or less. XD
    "A flower.