anyone else find it hard to find a friendly guild these days?

i don't know if its cus times are changing or what. I remember couple years ago my sociology prof was talking about how people in general are getting meaner over the years and I'm kinda starting to feel the same way. IE: couple years ago I was in an awesome guild, it was laid back but we still did HM/NIM raiding but it was really friendly too.

but now all the guilds i find people are so stuck up and just try to 1up everything you say even if you aren't bragging. and what ticks me off the most is the guild leaders make it feel like you are in some corporate office or something, always yelling at people and talking with a strict voice - even when doing a lvl 50 operation... i really hate that, but most of all i hate being yelled at especially when i am not doing anything wrong.

i am 25 years old and all my life i have noticed whether its boy scouts, working at a retail store, or in an office, whenever most people get even a little bit of leadership role, they become huge jerks.
    jedi? dark jedi!

QQ and welcome to the internet, not everyone is going to be nice. If the people in your guild are dicks leave and find a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    QQ and welcome to the internet, not everyone is going to be nice. If the people in your guild are dicks leave and find a new one.
    Pretty much this, there are a lot of guilds, check out your server's SWTOR Offical forums for guild recruitment posts.

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=309

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find that even my worst guild on Swtor is still more friendly than the best guild I had in WoW.