Mythic same week as heroic.

So we've been making a few bad choices, and well had some issues with healers during the first week, thus we only did 5/7hc first week, but due to mythic and heroic being different lockouts does this mean you can move on to mythic after clearing hc, or does it mean that we have nothing to do in case we clear hc early.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do Heroic & Mythic, they are separated.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

If you don't even know how lockouts work / can't kill more than 5/7HC then to be honest you're deluding yourself if you think you are ready to go into mythic. Unless that is, by some miracle the first boss is a loot pinata.

The first mythic boss does look very easy because there's 115 guilds already killed it. Considering that's only US guilds so far and that many of them must have gone to farm hc on the first night I expect over a 1000 guilds will have Kargath by the end of the week. But as you need to farm hc anyways might as well start there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If you don't even know how lockouts work / can't kill more than 5/7HC then to be honest you're deluding yourself if you think you are ready to go into mythic. Unless that is, by some miracle the first boss is a loot pinata.
    Pretty much this.
    If someone can not even read patch notes and use google, it is safe to assume they would not be able to even check out tactics and videos and tips and logs.

As I said, had some healer issues, going with basically 3.5 healers on 25 people, due to lack of healers.... its not really hard, just that our set up was suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Pretty much this.
    If someone can not even read patch notes and use google, it is safe to assume they would not be able to even check out tactics and videos and tips and logs.
    You know, the ironic thing about these posts is that 95% of the time I google something "basic" like the question the OP asked, my results link me to a Forum post much like this one where I find my answer.

It would certainly suck if the OP went out to google his answer and got linked to threads with people like you two who know the answer to the question, but instead of helping them out spew off stupid shit like "google it".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    You know, the ironic thing about these posts is that 95% of the time I google something "basic" like the question the OP asked, my results link me to a Forum post much like this one where I find my answer.

It would certainly suck if the OP went out to google his answer and got linked to threads with people like you two who know the answer to the question, but instead of helping them out spew off stupid shit like "google it".
    +1

(More characters!)

By the way, you know that a Heroic Mar'gok kill isn't required to enter Mythic, right?

Source: https://twitter.com/dethkrik/status/499039130412544000 and they fact that my guild and I are 6/7H and 1/7M http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/eonar/Ascension

Thats funny, when I google it I get this http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12822112588 which is the official blue post.

Also, we're not talking about some dipshit lfr / normal raider, it's a guy who has aspirations to raid mythic in the second week but he doesn't know how the game works.

Deleted

So, we should helping him by... copy-pasting what has already been said on a forum? Googling it for him? That would, again, prove that he can not do it himself, and therefore will not be able to do it and will not be able to progress Mythic.

Deleted
    yeah who would have thought asking a question on a forum is not allowed, i must have missed that memo. Back on topic the 2nd post is correct, heroic and mythic are on seperate lockouts and you dont need a 7/7 clear to do mythic.

So, we should helping him by... copy-pasting what has already been said on a forum? Googling it for him? That would, again, prove that he can not do it himself, and therefore will not be able to do it and will not be able to progress Mythic.
    What a douchey attitude you got there, fella.

I surely hope you're not so deluded with your little "lol internet" persona that you can't understand why almost anyone would be put off by someone who presents themselves this way.

It's like someone asking where the soda machine is, and you calling them fat.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I forgot google skills are "directly" related to skill when raiding in this game. That explains everything! I mean, you even layed it out in a nice formula, you used the word "prove" and "therefore". I bet with these few skills you're so successful when raiding that you never even wipe. Guild's like Method and Paragon and Exorsus... they just googled everything to figure out how to do these fights, never tested or anything, because raiding is clearly all about online search skills.

Stop being an internet asshole. The OP asked a question. You could just choose to help or not reply... I'm all for people helping themselves, and instead of googling (or perhaps he tried and didn't get a clear answer) the OP took the initiative to create a topic in search of the answer. I'm not sure about you, but when asking about something that could screw you for a week's worth of progression, I tend to prefer several first hand accounts than 1 comment somewhere in a TL : DR thread.

And to the OP, as a few have stated, the only instance lockout that is set in stone is the Mythic one. The rest can be run over and over, in the same week, much like SoO Flex, and like flex you are only eligible to loot once per difficulty per boss per week. Any subsequent kills would just be to help friends or gain more practice.

Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    And to the OP, as a few have stated, the only instance lockout that is set in stone is the Mythic one. The rest can be run over and over, in the same week, much like SoO Flex, and like flex you are only eligible to loot once per difficulty per boss per week. Any subsequent kills would just be to help friends or gain more practice.
    That wasn't what he asked at all. Probably hard to read his simple question from up on that soapbox.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That wasn't what he asked at all. Probably hard to read his simple question from up on that soapbox.
    He asked "but due to mythic and heroic being different lockouts does this mean you can move on to mythic after clearing hc, or does it mean that we have nothing to do in case we clear hc early."

Perhaps I misunderstood while "on my soapbox", but in the past clearing heroic meant you were done for the week. The only way to go for mythic was to do it from the start and use whatever time you had left to finish up heroic. If you would like further clarification then yes, you can run mythic after heroic if you clear heroic early in the week.

You claim I'm the one on the soapbox, that's fine, but you're the one who decides to label all LFR and Normal raiders as "dipshits". People can play the game at whatever pace/level of play they wish. I'm not sure why others feel the need to shit on anyone who isn't amazing at the game. The OP asked a question about a part of the game that has CHANGED as recently as the last major patch, and you linked the response. My only issue is with how internet heroes like you go about it. 99% of the assholes online wouldn't say most of the shit they do if asked in person. *steps down from soapbox*

Well of everyone is done being shitty and sniping each other....

From my experience myth kargath was easier than heroic imperator. You might want to consider getting heroic kor agh , kargath myth then back to heroic imp

Thanks for the twitter link, really helpful.

by the time I wrote the post, we hadn't even tried the 6th boss, he went down after 2 wipes and 1 kill. Imperator took us some time, while mythic kargath took us 2 hours, not really sure what you mean by mythic being that incredibly hard... Steadily progressing on twins without too much trouble.
    we are aiming for steady progress and probably 6/7M by the time BRF is released (due to christmas and everything). So please take the post into consideration, before you go and make bullshit assumptions that we won't have a chance at mythic.

Also saying I can't use google, I usually do, but considering how new this information is I would like to find something which I can trust and not just another forum thread linking contradicting twitter posts.... (which is what you would find if you search "mythic before heroic clear")

And in the end I find it fun optimalizing tactics for our group from other tactics, and consider mechanics and how to best possibly deal with them, not saying you should come unprepared to a fight... but a lot of tactics are more fun and better when figured out while progressing the fight.