Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Considering the absurd amount of movement in that fight, I found servitude to be more useful than cataclysm.
    Besides that, get better at havoc and shadowburn. Make sure you use a unit frame that can display the health bars of stacked enemies neatly without overlapping. Ninjaing kills on 10% health adds in the intermission phases is a really big thing. If you do it right, you almost don't cast anything else than chaos bolt on big adds and shadowburn on small ones.
    And if you are using the havoc glyph, don't.
    which unit frame do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by herpsderpsanon View Post

As other said though, definitely wait to Havoc cleave the arcane adds and go for 3x SB instead. You might overkill an add, but it'll do way more boss damage.
    I would love to be able to do that. Unfortunately our monks love to use touch of death on these adds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeyqs View Post
    which unit frame do you use?
    Tidy Plates

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Use blessing of protection.
    Awesome... I laughed!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblucy View Post
    The parses you are seeing in the top rankings all have Cataclysm and focus down the adds, which barring some healing stack strategy where small adds are ignored until after transition, is simply padding. That being said, here is some tricks I came up with...
    That is not true.

I had 28k dps last week, which gave me rank 1 by the time of the kill, this week I had 33k dps which ranked 4th if I remember correctly.
    This is the log of my recent kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Both of those kills were done with GoSup/Servitude Destruction and mastery focused gear. itemlevel 647 last week, 657 this week.
    So you can get very high dps on that encounter without nuking adds with cataclysm.

My Guild tanks the boss in the center of the room, ranged are clumped in one camp and circle around the boss.
    During transition phases the whole raid concentrates on the big adds, tanks collect the small ones. I guess this is something not every group does.

During normal phases you should always have at least two embers for the spawn of those big arcane adds, so you can havoc cleave a chaos bolt and still execute it with shadowburn to get those two embers back. Other than that it's normal single target dps, utilize your proccs for chaos bolts (use the mastery weapon enchant procc for intermediate chaos bolts that you need to cast between your burn phases in order to not go oom or cap embers).
    During intermissions you simply focus on big adds, keep FnB immolate on the small adds and check if any of them are about to get killed by the tanks so you can havoc shadow burn to the ogre mages.
    When the intermission ends and the small adds are quickly killed with AoE you can also watch out for a chance to cleave additional shadow burns to the boss.

Same thing for the last phase. Save your havoc for cleaving shadow burn from the small adds to the boss.

The only thing that could be called padding here is using FnB immolate on the arcane adds during intermission, but seriously.. having immolate on 10-15 targets is a huge boost to your damage on the ogres.

However, if your raid kills the small adds one by one with a couple of melee dps during those transitions, your dps will of course be lower since you are missing both the rolling incinerates (and therefore chain chaos bolts on the ogre adds) and two pretty big FnB AoE bursts at the end of each intermission. That simply depends on the strat your group uses.
    Last edited by mmocbd24f84edd; 2014-12-12 at 12:12 AM.

When I wrote my response it was the top 15 that had Cata and they were a solid 5k ahead of the rest.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...&class=Warlock

The top parse has 8 million damage on the volatile, the second parse, only 500dps behind the 1st, is more respectable. and the replay I am looking at right now :P

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...56&view=replay

Deleted
    Well, at least spots 3, 4 and 5 (mine) are using servitude and do the same dps (considering ilvl) but with a far bigger portion of it done to the actual boss and ogre adds.
    So you can do awesome dps on that boss without doing useless crap

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    As other said though, definitely wait to Havoc cleave the arcane adds and go for 3x SB instead. You might overkill an add, but it'll do way more boss damage.
    In a perfect world, this is true...but I could never get more than 1 SB off on an arcane add as it would die instantly from other damage. I ended up using 2 incinerates for the first charges, and SB the last charge once the add is low enough.
    Graviity