10+ Year Old Account

Is 11 legendaries to much for a control warr deck?

My warrior deck has 11 legendaries, is this to many? I find all of them usefull, this is my deck, is it a good control deck you think?

http://i.imgur.com/AyCAdba.jpg?1
    http://i.imgur.com/q5zvnnq.jpg?1

My deck ^

I win most of my games with this 3/4 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

If it works, it works. It's not so much about whether the cards are legendary (or any other rarity) as whether they serve a purpose and are meaningful in the deck and you know how to play to its strengths and weaknesses.

If you're serious about doing this then I'd recommend a program or something to keep track of your wins and losses, including what type of decks you lost or won against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

It is extremely strong in mirror matchup, paladin and priest, but how does it fare against faster decks? Also, without second acolyte and one slam i often find myself low on cards, card draw seems low here. Lot of slow cards like cairne and ysera, and with only one fiery war axe I see very hard time against hunter and zoo, how do you deal with early undertaker without execute?. Second brawl is great against handlock, they never expect it, juggernaut is also great there. All in all, decent control deck but I find myself against much more zoo and hunter than other control decks, and this one is a bit too slow atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    It is extremely strong in mirror matchup, paladin and priest, but how does it fare against faster decks? Also, without second acolyte and one slam i often find myself low on cards, card draw seems low here. Lot of slow cards like cairne and ysera, and with only one fiery war axe I see very hard time against hunter and zoo, how do you deal with early undertaker without execute?. Second brawl is great against handlock, they never expect it, juggernaut is also great there. All in all, decent control deck but I find myself against much more zoo and hunter than other control decks, and this one is a bit too slow atm.
    Ye i removed 2 low budget cards for the 2 new gvg cards, and both of them are 6 mana. So i start fazing myself in problem, i only got high minion cards soon, which will become a big problem.

I would cut Cairne for fiery war axe, 6 slot is way too crowded, Harrison is useful because everyone runs some weapons now, Black Knight is huge tempo swing so I'd leave him in, priest seems popular and ysera is strong against it, but there's burrowing mine and alex for that matchup. Personally I would cut second Brawl and Rag for another Acolyte and Taskmaster, Ysera is pretty much only late game minion you need, another activator for Grom is never wasted. Fiddle around with some card draw, that's only thing you need tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    I would cut Cairne for fiery war axe, 6 slot is way too crowded, Harrison is useful because everyone runs some weapons now, Black Knight is huge tempo swing so I'd leave him in, priest seems popular and ysera is strong against it, but there's burrowing mine and alex for that matchup. Personally I would cut second Brawl and Rag for another Acolyte and Taskmaster, Ysera is pretty much only late game minion you need, another activator for Grom is never wasted. Fiddle around with some card draw, that's only thing you need tbh.
    I kinda thought the new warr legendary would be benefital to replace my ysera, so i removed ysera for fiery war axe,
    Because ysera usually dies anyways.

Deleted
    I feel like aggro will just run over you before you can do anything

You're deck will get stomped by Aggro is the problem. The low level cards are there to get to the late game. With the nerf to aggro decks though you should be okay for now until a new one emerges.

Deleted
    If you have it or can get it, I would replace Loatheb with Troggzor the Earthinator..

If rush decks become a problem you could replace Cairne with Hogger

Keep a close eye on how much use you are getting out of Harrison vs replacing him with say an owl or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I changed my deck a bit and got from 20 to 10 in like 4 days time.
    You think this is a solid deck?

http://i.imgur.com/YLA4ZA5.jpg?1
    http://i.imgur.com/jhFDxsb.jpg?1

Cairne is bad, Iron Juggernaut even worse. Shieldmaiden is better than either. Also, get your second cruel taskmaster and acolyte, and replace the ghoul with a pair of whirlwinds.

Dr. Boom is better than Geddon (most pros consider it the single best neutral legendary, better than Loatheb), Black Knight is highly suspect in this meta.

You're probably still curving a little too high, but good play with those changes should get you higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Cairne is bad, Iron Juggernaut even worse. Shieldmaiden is better than either. Also, get your second cruel taskmaster and acolyte, and replace the ghoul with a pair of whirlwinds.

Dr. Boom is better than Geddon (most pros consider it the single best neutral legendary, better than Loatheb), Black Knight is highly suspect in this meta.

You're probably still curving a little too high, but good play with those changes should get you higher.
    Why is jugernaut bad? It has nice stats for its mana cost and 10 dmg card saved my ass on dmg alot of times and why is cairne bad btw? Should i replace him with shieldmaiden?

I looked through my log of ~100 games on control warrior over the past couple of months. The average game lasted 12.9 turns.

If I played Iron Juggernaught on turn 6, then the opponent draws 6 cards + card draw (lets say 7 total cards) out of the ~20 he has left in his deck. This gives me an optimal value of 7/20*10 = 3.5 expected damage from the mine.

If I played Iron Juggernaught on turn 12, then I'd expect it to do 1/15*10, or about 0.7 damage to the opponent's face.

If I were to average the value of IJ over turns 6 - 12, I'd get something around 2 expected damage to the opponent's face. So basically, IJ turns into a fire elemental, that deals 2 damage instead of 3, and only to the opponent's face. Something comparable to say, Nightblade. It's a really, really bad card.

Sure, this guy has value when you're playing to fatigue, but the number of times that you get to fatigue is far less than the number of times you never play him at all because of no instant effect on board. Which, incidentally, is why Cairne is bad - because he has no effect when he hits the board. If you're in a position where you can just play Cairne straight up, you're already winning, and your deck needs to be tailored to gain the advantage back from a losing position instead of assuming you're already winning. Win more cards are great for feeling good - see Ysera - but are actually terrible in play.

So yeah, shieldmaiden is better than either Cairne or IJ. When you evaluate cards, you can't ever say "well, this effect saved me these few games so they must be good." - you have to consider them in direct opposition to what you would have replaced it with. If you ever had a situation where you would've survived with 5 more armor instead of the chance at 10 damage to your opponent, then shieldmaiden would be better.

You mentioned your main issue is rush decks in another thread. What you need is consistent early game to handle them. The way you're giving up crucial cards like your second taskmaster exacerbates this issue. Control warrior does not have any problem outvaluing its opponent in the late game - the sheer number of high cost cards more or less cements it. The only deck that has more meat is handlock, which you may opt to counter with the inclusion of a BGH (most pros do this). What you need is enough cheap value minions to survive and stabilize against more aggressive decks, especially since one of your major avenues of removal involves hitting them with your face. Taskmaster, for instance, has several uses. You can play it with an acolyte to approximate an azure drake, or ping to kill an opponent's creature, use on a cheap creature on your end for a favorable trade, activate Grom and armorsmith, or set up an opposing low attack hulk for a BGH shot. It's just way too versatile to not have two of.

Deleted
    man i love juggernaut. had enemy was at 16 health. Put rag on table and he shot to head, then he drew mine and bam dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    -Snip-
    Yeah alright i get your point, i do think cairne isn't most usefull atm but he is a card that plays against priest though, they usually dont MC it or have a way to kill it, which is a nice way to do some dmg to his board or hero.

Also Baron Gedon is a nice card for late zoo, once it out it can 1 shot a whole board alot with it's AoE attack.