Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    It's probably because of the Lucky Double-Sided Coin trinket. If you get it, you can use the trinket with every set of wolves, and/or every elemental mastery.

I'm not sure if Hooligun's example of saving EM for the 2nd ascendance would still hold true, if you have this trinket, or if it would be better to go ahead and pop EM+trinket, at the 2 min, and 4 min marks, and then at the 6 min mark, they meet up with your 3rd ascendance. I never seem to have time to play with SimC, with my work schedule.

EDIT: For Butcher, specifically, it might be smart to save EM for the 2nd Ascendance, at the 3 min mark, and then pop EM again, at the 5 min mark, if possible (if you opt to use EM over AS).
    Waiting to pop EM for the second Ascendance is exactly what I do. Major burst right when you start to DPS drop to single target hell.

I wish I had that Trinket. My advice was without the trinket. Right now I have crappy trinks. I don't know what the best would be for that trink. I would Sim it. But your theory is sound.

@Hooligun, please refrain from posting incorrect information. If you do not know 100% if something is true then do not state that it is.

Using EM on cd with or without Lucky-Double Sided Coin, or any trinket for that matter, is the correct thing to do. The only time you would hold off on using EM on cd to line up with ascendance is on a fight where you know you will not get another one in and will be able to use it with your next ascendance (i.e. mythic butcher).

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligun View Post
    Waiting to pop EM for the second Ascendance is exactly what I do. Major burst right when you start to DPS drop to single target hell.

I wish I had that Trinket. My advice was without the trinket. Right now I have crappy trinks. I don't know what the best would be for that trink. I would Sim it. But your theory is sound.
    If I were you I would sim it. Due to the massive nerf ascendance took in the transition between MOP and WOD, people are finding that even on butcher (single target burst), AS+UE sims higher than EM+PE if you do not have the DLC. With DLC EM+PE comes out ahead.. just.. however YMMV, so its best to get a really hot cuppa and spend an hour fiddling in sim-land, then an hour on the dummy. If you are raiding mythic butcher already then I assume this is bread and butter for you.

Plus also take a look at the upcomming sims update where they have found an attack speed discrepancy for the proc chance of the SH enchant, increasing the value of EotE if you have SH.. it might be worth simming that again once it is out.

With all the buffs, on single target fights, we are not top, but we are not such a drag that we should be forced to be benched. ( i still maintain that player skill plays a big factor... and yes yadda yadda all players equal skill.. but show me a "normal guild" that has all players of equal skill...), Factor in Kargoth (in the stands for crowd buff), tectus, ko'rath, and impregnator, thats 4 out of 7 where we easily hold our own.,. we have been in a worst place than this for first raid tier of an x-pac.

/cup_1_tenth_full

Esr.

I've also noticed looking at armory of alot of different enhancement shamans that i have significantly low Haste compared

take a look - http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...h/elementfury/

with such low haste shouldnt i always run AS >EM ?
    also reading up on alot of encounters people are taking EOTE on tectus and IMP should i do the same ?

also here are my most recent logs
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...um/damageDone/
    Last edited by Darkpoison324; 2015-01-05 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpoison324 View Post
    I've also noticed looking at armory of alot of different enhancement shamans that i have significantly low Haste compared

take a look - http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...h/elementfury/

with such low haste shouldnt i always run AS >EM ?
    also reading up on alot of encounters people are taking EOTE on tectus and IMP should i do the same ?

also here are my most recent logs
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...um/damageDone/
    Do you have weak auras set up to tell you when abilities are available? I'm looking at damage distribution and your top 3 are horrendously low. Lightning Bolt should easily be 25%+ of your damage closely followed in similar percentages by lava lash and melee.

I'm seeing a really low amount of lightning bolt casts for your last butcher attempt, so you are wasting lightning bolt casts at 5 maelstrom stacks, and you are probably also not hardcasting lightning bolts during dead periods (when you have everything else on cooldowns and some maelstrom stacks).

13 total lightning bolts on butcher is too little, and even 25 lava lashes seems low. Lava Lash is a 10.5 sec cd, lowered by your haste via the flurry passive. Even assuming no haste, 10.5 sec means 25 in roughly the time to kill the butcher, BUT you got a perk that resets lava lash cd on flame shock dot ticks. I find it highly unlikely that in 4:37 minutes you had not a single proc resetting your lava lash cooldown.

My shaman is in comparable gear (660), with a non-warforged heroic weapon offhand and a normal mode mainhand (so lesser than yours) and I'm pulling a minimum of 23-24k on heroic butcher.

So, yeah, I'm pretty convinced it's your actions per minute that are hurting you. You are not getting enough lightning bolts out, which will be the majority of your damage alongside lava lash.

I also note on your logs that your flame shock on the last attempt had a horrendous 76% uptime. That uptime needs to be close if not 100%, there's really no excuse why you cannot keep a 30 sec long dot up on a target when flame shock is a 6 sec cd.

I'm fairly convinced you're not properly using weak auras to remind you about debuffs/buffs and when your abilities are available. Integral to a good performance is a properly set UI.

Shaman has no resource management -- it's a cooldown management class and you are not managing your cooldowns properly.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2015-01-05 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Do you have weak auras set up to tell you when abilities are available? I'm looking at damage distribution and your top 3 are horrendously low. Lightning Bolt should easily be 25%+ of your damage closely followed in similar percentages by lava lash and melee.

I'm seeing a really low amount of lightning bolt casts for your last butcher attempt, so you are wasting lightning bolt casts at 5 maelstrom stacks, and you are probably also not hardcasting lightning bolts during dead periods (when you have everything else on cooldowns and some maelstrom stacks).

13 total lightning bolts on butcher is too little, and even 25 lava lashes seems low. Lava Lash is a 10.5 sec cd, lowered by your haste via the flurry passive. Even assuming no haste, 10.5 sec means 25 in roughly the time to kill the butcher, BUT you got a perk that resets lava lash cd on flame shock dot ticks. I find it highly unlikely that in 4:37 minutes you had not a single proc resetting your lava lash cooldown.

My shaman is in comparable gear (660), with a non-warforged heroic weapon offhand and a normal mode mainhand (so lesser than yours) and I'm pulling a minimum of 23-24k on heroic butcher.

So, yeah, I'm pretty convinced it's your actions per minute that are hurting you. You are not getting enough lightning bolts out, which will be the majority of your damage alongside lava lash.

I also note on your logs that your flame shock on the last attempt had a horrendous 76% uptime. That uptime needs to be close if not 100%, there's really no excuse why you cannot keep a 30 sec long dot up on a target when flame shock is a 6 sec cd.

I'm fairly convinced you're not properly using weak auras to remind you about debuffs/buffs and when your abilities are available. Integral to a good performance is a properly set UI.

Shaman has no resource management -- it's a cooldown management class and you are not managing your cooldowns properly.
    yeah i never understood lightning bolt if i should only cast it on 5 stack or at anystack
    and honestly my flame tongue rarly ever procs off of flame shock if ever

now i don't have weakaura's i'm using hekili as a addon and i normally follow that rotation

and yes i'm still not the greatest as you can clearly see so i do get to the point where flame shock does fall off and i know thats a big dps drop i'm working on it
    thanks for the input but could you clarify the use of lightning bolt please

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i never understood lightning bolt if i should only cast it on 5 stack or at anystack
    and honestly my flame tongue rarly ever procs off of flame shock if ever

now i don't have weakaura's i'm using hekili as a addon and i normally follow that rotation

and yes i'm still not the greatest as you can clearly see so i do get to the point where flame shock does fall off and i know thats a big dps drop i'm working on it
    thanks for the input but could you clarify the use of lightning bolt please
    Lightning Bolt: when you have 5 stacks, it's nearly highest priority (except for Windstrike in Ascendance and Unleash Elements if you talented it). Never delay casting a 5 stack.

4 stacks can be cast occasionally when you have a GCD left until your next Stormstrike/Lava Lash/ buffed Flameshock comes off CD.

3 stacks/2 stacks can be cast sometimes when you're in one of those 2-3 second "gaps" where everything is on cooldown.

Properly weaving 3/2 stack Lightning Bolts takes practice and shouldn't be attempted by default if you don't have the feel for it, even experienced Enh can still mess this up rather easily and cost themselves a bit of DPS by delaying their SS/LL too much.

Play it safe for now and focus on casting 5 stack LBs as soon as you can, and try to cast 4 stack LBs whenever you have a gap in between abilities. You won't be gaining any massive amount of DPS by successfully pulling off 3/2 stacks anyway.

would someone mind giving me their weakaura set up or how to set it up ?

10+ Year Old Account
    would someone mind giving me their weakaura set up or how to set it up ?
    I don't personally use it, I just run Hekili for the single/AoE switches and use TellMeWhen Alerts for my cooldowns.

Don't really see the point in WeakAuras, just clutters your screen.

Flame shock string. Click import and paste the text in

d0tqhaGAusA9skLDjrPTPI0mLOAUOe1SP42Q0nPuCzQ(grjhMWoLK9c7wu7NOIFQIAyevACsu8yv1qvrmyIcdxfoOi CnvrhJiohrvleLAPuQSyjvlxWdrjYtvwgLyDsKmnjIPIQjJIPt6IeL6QsK6zskUUu2ir6sskvBwK2oLsFNs6Rsk5Zs 18qjXiPu1FLWOvLgpkPojrr3cLWPrCEr0Zr61Qc)wOHeWXeGdfJIzPSYTSYxwzHDXyWyahJ1NttPUcPS4PClrwNE6Z tltn1utnsKCkszrjLGL8CAk1vi9zzkJfjsE(8Pe5Tixj1ybPSOKsWCwFiYmodyJrDt6jrswXyFMZpBt5YwkhtWWqus mlmfAG07EGcouSG3jXmp5HJ1dX2bwUD5bsV7bkQKGzIcgWXAuV4BeukMgAowiACWXUnJsahkumvy8Sco2Tzuc4qHIf eFhCSBZOeWHcf7Beuk4yusUBCSzFcBsubfkgHbtQrCD5iJ9g)pGI9bhvsahtKjxHsIzWXUcsgCSJGtDftyoEfN0muh kumnq6DpaowWVyNIfTMpNnjbBSwMOyQi0Df73OA8w8syCmLCDgSg1TZVGnwwCDk4OscMuJ46Yrg7n(Fafl43ZhEqOX agRGX41BPP8KhoM9jSZgPLUCOyVoP)QOs(NyMOGbCmvy8Sco2Tzuc4qHI9nckfCmkj3no2SpHnjQGI1OEX3iOuWgli (o4y3MrjGdfkwJ6f0d)J6y0d)dogLK7ghvwWUnJsahvwaBOqXAuV4hV1fkyJfIghCSBZOeWHcfkwAmRJuBoQSucgdH EyejNk(pOy1(bwW7KyMN8WXi)ygtWWqusmlmfAG07EGcoumXxjXmfCmQkck4ymXIUjAf1X6MO1I0G46y1Yfps0ccAP KoSUjATq8vsmJrFJwHcfJWGjDywjm6lQKxESKNttPUIkwirwpXYTlpq6DpqrLemgcLvB5VsS1bBmQk(pONejzfJLKD fx22bfvwahJHqz1w(ReBDWgt8vsmtbhJQIGcogtSOBIwbBSUjATq8vsmJrFJwX6MO1I0G46y1Yfps0ccAPKolqXsjz c9fCmMyr3eTc2yDt0ArAqCDSA5IhjAbbTusNfSUjATq8vsmJ9syCOqX0aP39a4yb)Ivdw0A(C2KeSXAzIIPIq3vSFJ QXBXlHXXuY1zWAu3o)c2yzX1PGJkjysnIRlhzS34)buSGFpF4bHgdyScgJxVLMYtE4y2NWoBKw6YHI96K(RIk5FIzI cgWXuHXZk4y3MrjGdfk23iOuWXOKC34yZ(e2KOckwJ6fFJGsbBSG47GJDBgLaouOynQxqp8pQJrp8p4yusUBCuzb72 mkbCuzbSHcfRr9IF8wxOGnwiACWXUnJsahkuOybVtIzEYdhJ8JzmrtJOoMGHHOKywyk0aP39afCujbCmnq6DpaoMM8 WXeTGaJ2Q726zDT0ucRXkyPeJxmEc74yUTEwXS3fg9fJ2Q726z9KGNsyn2or2Lxog9WngzYqbhk2Vr14T4LW4yk56m yzX1PGJkjysnIRlhzS34)buSwMOyQi0DfJKT1duhSXy86T0uEYdhZ(e2zJ0sxouSwwdKE3dGdfkumcdM0zbZkHrFrL 8YJL8CAk1vuXcjY6jwUD5bsV7bkQSGXqOhgrsz(JzmzMvpKk(ollZFmtz5D4gtHusWlKAexFVX)dOqXSfvskXICHca
    For fire totems:

dWJrdaGljP2MQu62smtaLhtvMnsEnG05bLtt03avJsf1ovvTxXUP0(j8tGuddPACssUeGWqbsgSknCaoiq4uQihtvC oGQfQczPQsXILuA5u5HscEk0YaPNlvhwktLutMIMUYfLe6vQsvxg11jzJarZdq0MPW2vbFeq1SKu8zQQVRcvJuvQmn qmAjvgpq5KQq5wsQ6AQsUNKOvQQ8xKYVrCEIoOmyWEqOvtVAWRgEWsqZGMrhCoPVp7Io4GbGd2xBQEqLLpW2fSPgjO QZ0gzC5Vv4uBq(aBxqnzCj4iJl)Tche5MtA9fxnzCjOQZ0uw5YrbhzCrddaN)NGQotBKXfnmaCoklifPzgDqxZJJoy rrnz0zzbxJITl6Gff1KrNLf0rO4OdwuutgDwwwqtzhavdgUMhq7bbcabDSVKy1WaWbLEeBqWaTHrNxa5lOqHuf4qGw f8xWHthC4XOEiqccd0ggDEbKVEO)ahk8xp0Haf83wf8yupKxbLMbrDWMPPCsITrrBoPVp76rN)NOdoN03NDrhCWaWb 9u9rkb9u9rkbnuwVjj2ZNeFueVgL42C(p1iUJmU83kCnIBFn30YcxJ4AQCTjjwXTsXf480KXLJzniNFoj(OiEnkXDY clUvkUgueI7CFn30Yc)EtLRnjXwpW5PLf(8jX9K4tAiUtwyXfiR8HU4U6yR4ZXt5SI7Ckw8XwtXhBnd2v1Yhy7qLHH eSG0QaiqnnudI3Od6vh7b0GkaMTXb9u9rk0gmaCW(At1dYhy7c(oUrT6c2v1Yhy7aLJnKGfebvfbgWYcQSZj99zx0b 9u9rkbnuwVjj2ZNeFIR4kUIRJNYzf35uS4JTMIVSSSGwvr7K((SRNFOb9iektYXT5OGJbBvGqrCrNFi5NEwwWd5)bc u6zj