Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Fair enough, then - in MoP mastery was above all, figured it'd staid the same. Guessing a lot of spells no longer procs echo (yes, that's how little I've bothered to keep up with holy, I don't have a clue which spells proc it), and that's why.
    Although haste for a healer at this point seems... Odd? What does it benefit, apart from faster casting, which runs you dry faster?
    Increases the HPM of any periodic effects like always. The only really relevant one is renew, of which the HoT portion can make up 20-30% of your total healing done in a typical fight. Lightwell and Sanctuary scale, but they're usually less than 10% combined.

The reason why Holy can get away with stacking haste is because it is incredibly mana efficient. I've finished fights at 50% mana when my cohealers were OOM. If you run into mana issues, naturally haste becomes much worse since it just kind of compresses the time it takes to do the healing, instead of actually increasing the total healing done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Mastery is not garbage for Holy.
    That's an interesting thesis.

Here are some calculated stat weights:

100 mastery is 1.18% healing
    100 multistrike is 1.145% healing
    100 haste is 1% healing
    100 crit is 0.9% healing
    100 versatility is 0.769% healing

If mastery does not benefit x% of your healing, then you need to multiply the weight of mastery by 1-x%.

100*0.01818*(1-NMP)

NMP = Non-mastery percentage. This is the sum of the hot portion of renew, sanctuary, lightwell (testing), and one other spell I'm not inclined to remember.

And this will give you your own value for mastery.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-12-13 at 08:53 AM.

Kargath = Disc or Holy
    Butcher = Disc, cause lol PW:S, and Spirit Shell on soak groups
    Brackenspore = Disc cause lol Spirit Shell, and PW:S before the big AoE
    Tectus = Holy or Disc
    Twin Ogron = Disc, cause if someone gets the stood in fire DoT, you can throw a shield on them.
    Ko'ragh = Probably Holy; Disc feels shitty here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If you don't use Renew, it's good.
    Since the direct heal from Renew is 22% of SP which does proc EoL, and any Renews you cast during INT procs or pots will directly increase the upfront heal and likewise EOL, then I wouldn't say Renew receives no benefit from Mastery. But I didn't say it was the best stat, I'm saying it's not garbage. If you are stuck in this first Tier with certain gear stats you play to your strengths, and that means if you have an on-use Mastery trinket you use it during heavy AoE damage in conjunction with DH or PI+PoH, not Renew. You can still be desperately seeking Multistrike/Haste gear but still be a damn fine Holy Priest in the meantime. No need to throw your Mastery in the garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Spirit Shell on soak groups
    lol Spirit Shell
    Er...Spirit Shell?

Spirit Shell is kinda shit right now because of PoH being a mana drain. PWS spam is much more effective at not OOMing you.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Kargath = Disc or Holy
    Butcher = Disc, cause lol PW:S, and Spirit Shell on soak groups
    Brackenspore = Disc cause lol Spirit Shell, and PW:S before the big AoE
    Tectus = Holy or Disc
    Twin Ogron = Disc, cause if someone gets the stood in fire DoT, you can throw a shield on them.
    Ko'ragh = Probably Holy; Disc feels shitty here.
    Spirit Shell is bad for Butcher, but ok for Brackenspore because of the infinite mana mechanics there.

- - - Updated - - -

Since the direct heal from Renew is 22% of SP which does proc EoL, and any Renews you cast during INT procs or pots will directly increase the upfront heal and likewise EOL, then I wouldn't say Renew receives no benefit from Mastery. But I didn't say it was the best stat, I'm saying it's not garbage. If you are stuck in this first Tier with certain gear stats you play to your strengths, and that means if you have an on-use Mastery trinket you use it during heavy AoE damage in conjunction with DH or PI+PoH, not Renew. You can still be desperately seeking Multistrike/Haste gear but still be a damn fine Holy Priest in the meantime. No need to throw your Mastery in the garbage.
    Mastery IS garbage for Renew. The moment when you realize that EoL does less than 1k healing total on Renew - don't even kid yourself that it's good by saying "22% of SP" and related junk, it's just grasping at straws.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Spirit Shell is bad for Butcher, but ok for Brackenspore because of the infinite mana mechanics there.

- - - Updated - - -

Mastery IS garbage for Renew. The moment when you realize that EoL does less than 1k healing total on Renew - don't even kid yourself that it's good by saying "22% of SP" and related junk, it's just grasping at straws.
    I was replying to "Mastery is garbage" not Mastery is garbage for Renew. Now who's grasping at straws?

I was replying to "Mastery is garbage" not Mastery is garbage for Renew. Now who's grasping at straws?
    The post you responded to said Mastery is garbage for Holy, which it is. It's terrible for Renew, and since Holy is currently dependent on Renew for most fights, that makes it terrible for Holy too.

Deleted
    Here is my sum up for our first week of Mythic Progress (5/7), sadly the healing officer of my guild is holy priest so I was benched Tectus/Brackenspore.

• Kargath: Disc; Fight's a joke, PW:S Tanks and Debuff Targets
    • Twins: Disc; Spammed PW:S during Quake, PW:S on Fire Debuffed Targets, Tanks
    • Koragh: Disc; We are op at healing Nullifcation Soakers (after Pally HoPuritiy was fixed), Spammed PW:S before Frost Orb, Sucked at Shadow Debuff Healin (Holy Nova ,Cascade i guess), Oh yeah- we MD the Fire Debuff,if your guild isnt doing that: PW:S ALL THE PEOPLE
    • Butcher (In Progress): Disc is broken here, just spamm PW:S on Cleave Soakers

I guess to summ it up, everywhere you can absorb damage with mindless PW:S Disc will be solid. Really sad to see this specc going back to 1Button Spamm.

Butcher Healing Breakdown, seems fun:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=8
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=25
    Last edited by mmocebc97d926b; 2014-12-15 at 05:35 AM.

This is exactly what you said:

Since the direct heal from Renew is 22% of SP which does proc EoL, and any Renews you cast during INT procs or pots will directly increase the upfront heal and likewise EOL, then I wouldn't say Renew receives no benefit from Mastery. But I didn't say it was the best stat, I'm saying it's not garbage.

....then I wouldn't say Renew receives no benefit from Mastery. But I didn't say it was the best stat, I'm saying it's not garbage.
    Pretty sure you are saying Mastery isn't Garbage for Renew, but sure, feel free to warp your own claim into something else now that you have been caught with your pants down.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future