Do you feel naked since the spell trim?

I dont main a priest but i did always enjoy playing one as an alt, especially when it came to pvp.
    I understand that Disc is in a good place right now within the pvp community, however i can't help but feel like i lost a huge set of my tools.
    How do you guys feel about the spell trim particularly in holy/disc.

EDIT: interested in both PVE and PVP standpoint.
    Last edited by ponies; 2014-12-10 at 05:22 PM.

Disc is brain dead since the 'trim' in alpha. See: http://i.imgur.com/eOlZz9N.png for more details.

Yeah, Disc feels like a TBC spec now.

Penance/Solace on CD, and spam PWS or CoW on the tanks.

The problem with disc is that they took out all the cool synergy like ToF proccing from Atonement. Then they designed super-boring lvl 100 talents that you either ignore you have or spam over and over again. And THEN they tuned the spells so badly that the most efficient way to play is to either spam PW:Shield or CoW.

It's like either nobody plays the spec or someone has a serious case of ICC nostalgia.

Not being male I never suffer from the problem of equating penis size with the number of keys I have to bash. That must be limiting to all you lads :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Not being male I have to be the first person in this thread to bring up dicks.
    what

Anyway, I'm leveling a priest right now... Little bit nervous about endgame satisfaction as a healer to be perfectly honest. :/

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that makes me feel "naked" as Disc is the removal of binding heal, especially in PvP and 5 mans. As Holy, I feel like I have plenty of spells and spell interactions, but it suffers from really poor spell tuning. Disc is exactly as emni says in regards to mechanics T-T but I feel like spell tuning would at least help.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    No, if anything it was a bit more modest than I thought it would be... I honestly wouldn't mind if Blizzard striped me down a bit more...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    No, if anything it was a bit more modest than I thought it would be... I honestly wouldn't mind if Blizzard striped me down a bit more...
    Why am I not surprised at all that you're on Moon Guard :P

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    Why am I not surprised at all that you're on Moon Guard :P
    I love my realm.

I was being honest, though. There are still buttons that I almost never use with all of my classes and I still do fine without. I would rather just have them merged into other abilities and have less on my bars.

So, yes, I wouldn't mind being stripped down a second time by Blizzard.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    If they removed any more abilities from disc it wouldn't actually exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    If they removed any more abilities from disc it wouldn't actually exist.
    Really, it would just be Prayer of Shielding.

Deleted
    I miss spell synergies and decent fillers...

They should make HF/Solace/Smite reduce the cooldown on penance or something and make evangelism increase damage.
    ... or give us renew.

Oh, and revert borrowed time to be a static increase again

And make level 90 talents not suck

Oh and the MoP legendary metagem proc should be a passive

Also, I kind of miss Rapture, however stupid that might sound to some :P

Not being male I never suffer from the problem of equating penis size with the number of keys I have to bash. That must be limiting to all you lads :S
    This is sexist! mods help im being persecuted

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    make evangelism increase damage.
    It's funny because, according to a blue post on the official forums, they want Atonement to be "trading healing for increased damage capabilities".....and yet they removed the damage buff from Evangelism stacks. And Smite/HF do absolutely shitty damage.

This same blue post also said that Atonement should be doing "60% of what your normal healing heals for"....yet it's more like 15% of what your normal healing heals for.

Priest devs seem to have no idea what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Also, I kind of miss Rapture, however stupid that might sound to some :P
    I miss Rapture as a talent, but I do NOT miss having to perfectly time my shields with Rapture's ICD.

It's hilarious that you wrote this right after my response because I'm not a guy either. Maybe you should get off your high horse and realize that this discussion has nothing to do with gender.
    Last edited by emni; 2014-12-11 at 06:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that they messed up the pruning a little bit. Due to not having internet for 2 weeks I'm not 100 yet, but just from levelling there are certain spells that we've been left with which now seem pointless because they've been nerfed (I'm looking at you PoM), while some spells that have been removed I still find myself looking for on the bars - especially while levelling (might not miss them in raids etc though).

PoM doesn't seem to heal for anything, and has a cast time - seems to me that they decided it was too powerful, so nerfed it down to what they felt an instant cast should be AND then without reverting that change slapped a cast time on it as well. Leaving a spell that is probably only worth casting if you've not got anything else to heal and shields are already up on the tanks... (or maybe same scenario but in arena and purely for dispell protection...?)

Renew is an odd one, it wasn't a main spell, we didn't really use it much in raids (if at all) but I miss having even a shitty HoT, I liked having it to top up groups while running between trash pulls in 5 mans. And often to top myself up while running between mobs while levelling (as I level in disc too).