Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ive only managed to solo Jinrohk and Horridon on normal 10man ToT Im having trouble on council.. Whatshould i try and do ?
    (Jin was harder than horridon. Horridon was hard till i figured out a simple way to do it, then it was easy. )
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lzacard/simple

I use a 655 weapon and 650 shield when i solo as prot. What talents should i try and switch to ? Should i try to solo as ret instead ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker of Muerte View Post
    Ive only managed to solo Jinrohk and Horridon on normal 10man ToT Im having trouble on council.. Whatshould i try and do ?
    (Jin was harder than horridon. Horridon was hard till i figured out a simple way to do it, then it was easy. )
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lzacard/simple

I use a 655 weapon and 650 shield when i solo as prot. What talents should i try and switch to ? Should i try to solo as ret instead ?
    You need Frost king dead before you get 15 stack and Marli dead before she summons adds... So Ret is the best for the council fight.

But you probably need to gear up a little.

What i do is, i use HA, Serafim and ES.
    Burn Marli down Asap, switch to Frost King and burn him, if i get sand trapped - use Emancipate and move a little.
    After both are dead it's a piece of cake.
    If you have 4 set t18 feel free to burn all your CD's on these 2, because Sul and Kaz don't do much.

If that doesn't work for you, try burning Frost King first and then Marli.

Go full Single Target build on those 2 nasty bosses.

Madness will consume you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    You need Frost king dead before you get 15 stack and Marli dead before she summons adds... So Ret is the best for the council fight.

But you probably need to gear up a little.

What i do is, i use HA, Serafim and ES.
    Burn Marli down Asap, switch to Frost King and burn him, if i get sand trapped - use Emancipate and move a little.
    After both are dead it's a piece of cake.
    If you have 4 set t18 feel free to burn all your CD's on these 2, because Sul and Kaz don't do much.

If that doesn't work for you, try burning Frost King first and then Marli.

Go full Single Target build on those 2 nasty bosses.
    You don't really need to burn down Marli. If she is empowered and add is about to spawn, all you need to do is run away with speed of light. Add despawns 2-3 seconds after it comes out.
    When she is not empowered, her adds just heal 5% of one bosses' hp. That's negligible.
    Also, when a person has low gear, it is possible to survive stun on Frost King. What I used to do (back in highmaul/early foundry days) was heal to full at ~12 stacks using WoG, then pop bubble at 14 stacks, you still get frozen, but you are immune to damage for about 7 more seconds. When stun ends, throw ES on self, finish off Malakk and move on to whoever gets empowered.

Soloing Tectus? Nice one...
    Do you need to deal with Clouds? And how much DPs you can put out to manage the Shards?
    I think the fight ended with me at about 80k dps. Fair bit of kiting in there so numbers aren't too crazy (at least for me). Clouds are still there, and its a good thing. I had to sit around in them to proc my LoV. The gift of earths, whatever the pillar things are, will still 1 shot though.

Has anyone been able to solo Dark Shamans in SoO?

I'm assuming soloing them wouldn't be that bad but getting to them may be a challenge with galk?

So it's possible to Solo Galakras? Can you just fire at her from each tower at a time?

Maybe we should petition to Blizzard so that they give SoO the old raid treatment...
    Immerseus, Norushen, Galakras... I really can't understand why they fixed the Jinrokh mechanic to fit for solo play and not do anything for SoO... It's not as if the fights are hard or relevant anymore.

So, can anyone post a nice kill order of Paragons? I kinda got stuck...
    Haven't tried Prot yet, but i dont think ill make it with my crappy gear...

So my Tactic at the moment is:

- Kill Rik'kal asap so he doesn't mutate me.
    - Kill Hisek to avoid stuns and knockbacks.
    - Kill Korven to avoid healing.

By then i'm usually dead...
    I tried killing Skeer before Korven, but i got silenced exactly when Korven put the Amber out and he healed.

Anyone?

Edit:

I thought i might share some findings now that i finally got some time to check out SoO solo:

Immerseus

High motion fight, i preffer Ret, but viable for Prot who know their shit.
    You need to kill and heal as many blobs as possible and the fight is likely to drag into Berserk.

Talents:

- Long Arm of The Law
    - Fist of Justice (not a must)
    - Selfless Healer
    - Unbreakable Spirit
    - Devine Purpose
    - Light's Hammer
    - Final Verdict

Strategy:

You can start the boss with 5 HoPo by killing mobs in the room leading to him, and if you are fast enough, the black blobs that spawn on the way will buff you upon death for 8 seconds if you are close to them when they die.
    Take advantage of everything you can.
    If you nuke him fast enough you might not see a single Whirl the whole fight.
    The blob part is mostly based on luck and positioning,but if you see that the flying blobs in a big group are gowing in a different direction then where you are, you might want to consider running to them.
    Try and use moatly ranged attacks and heals, unless there is a blob in melee.
    Light's Hammer will not heal the blue blobs, but it will DoT the black ones and slow them enough to die.
    Rinse and repeat, you are likely to get into Berserk at around 20-30 corruption, so just use CD's wisely and nuke him whenever he spawns.

Major Concern: Corrosive Blast - it doesn't hit for a lot, but if you let it stack, it will kill you.

Fallen Protectors

A fairly easy fight.
    All you need is high awareness and to know some important mechanics.
    Prot to cheese, Ret for the capable.

Talents:

- Long Arm of The Law
    - Selfless Healer
    - Unbreakable Spirit
    - Devine Purpose
    - Light's Hammer
    - Final Verdict

Strategy:

As Prot you don't need to think much.
    Just do a damage AoE rotation and things will die eventually.
    As Ret you need to be a little more cautious.
    I found the AoEing all 3 to 66% and 33% is the easiest way for me.
    Priority for phase 1 is Rook, because of his stun. Then focus He because his add roots you and you cannot break free.
    Lowest priority is Sun, because her abilities don't hurt much at all, and she stays in place.
    Once in Desperate measures, priority is He -> Sun -> Rook.
    Pop Defensives on He's abilities mostly because they are the deadliest, dodge Rook's Corrupted Brew and you will kill them in a matter of minutes.

Major Concern: He Softfoot.... A crazy bastard.... Do whatever you can to avoid his abilities, turn away from him when he Gouges, and you should be fine.

Norushen

A highly annoying fight with an escape mechanism.
    I love it.

Talents:

- Long Arm of The Law
    - Selfless Healer
    - Unbreakable Spirit
    - Holy Avenger
    - Execution Sentance
    - Serafim

Strategy:

The fight starts with RP, so pre-pot carefully if you use potions.
    A good thing to know, the golden globes that were used to pass the corruption tests when it was current are now an escape root - if you got into trouble, clicking on one will reset the boss.
    There isn't much to say about this, other than Nuke the hell outta him.
    Adds will spawn mid fight, just cleave them when you can.

Major Concern: Stay away from the beam... It still hurts.

Sha of Pride

An intense DPs race between you and a horrible prison.
    Horrible.

Talents:

- Long Arm of The Law
    - Selfless Healer
    - Unbreakable Spirit
    - Holy Avenger
    - Execution Sentance
    - Serafim

Strategy:

The race ends after 55 seconds where either you managed to drop the boss below 30% or he imprisones you.
    The damage intake on this fight is also pretty high, so make sure you use your Lay on Hands and boubles.as well as the free heals.
    After 30% the boss will become empowered, so don't think it's over because you escaped prison.
    Also, don't forget to kill reflections.

Major Concern: Don't get into prison. Pretty straight forward.

Galakras

Not Soloable at the moment, but easily done with a friend or even multy-boxing.
    When Blizzard will decide to take down the requierment to shoot her down simultaniously from both towers, it will be the easiest but quiet long fight.

Iron Juggernaut

A hard ass. Hits hard and has abilities to keep you running.

Talents:

- Long Arm of The Law
    - Selfless Healer
    - Hand of Purity
    - Holy Avenger
    - Execution Sentance
    - Serafim

Strategy:

I was not able to solo him properly, i multy-boxed my Warrior to Taunt so my fire stack would drop.
    The boss is pretty straight forward - Stacks of fire will consume you.
    Try to keep away from the Borer Drills, the small bombs and if you can, the fire stacks.
    Managing Hand of Purity right might get you the kill without needing to use an Alt.

Major Concern: Ignite Arnor. That thing hurts.

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

An interest nostalgic fight. I love situational awareness fights.

Talents:

- Long Arm of The Law
    - Selfless Healer
    - Unbreakable Spirit
    - Devine Purpose
    - Execution Sentance/Light's Hammer
    - Final Verdict

Strategy:

This is a fight where you need to be highly aware of where you and the bosses are standing, as well as the position in the room.
    My personal prefference - Main target Harom.
    Since Kardis is a caster, he will not stay in melee, and he does nasty things, but try to keep him in FV empowered DS.
    Don't worry about the dogs, they will melt from cleave.
    The most important thing in the fight ia keep your distance from green blobs, kill them Asap, place the Ashen Walls in places where it won't get in your way.
    And follow your Froatstorm stacks. Keep Defensives untill after you killed all the green blobs.

Major Concern: Foul Slimes. They hurt. A lot.

General Nazgrim

Possibly the easiest boss in the whole instance.

Talents:

- Long Arm of The Law
    - Selfless Healer
    - Unbreakable Spirit
    - Holy Avenger
    - Execution Sentance
    - Serafim

Strategy:

If you nuke him fast enough, you will not need to handle any mechanics.
    If you can't drop Nazgrim before adds spawn, remember to give priority to Shamans, and the ravaging Warriors.
    Remember to cleave his battle standart, and if you'te really struggling and he got into Defnsive stance, pop defensives.

Major Concern: None. Really.

Malkorok

A really hard boss that makes you life miserable by making you absorb damage and heals half of the time and kills you slowly.

Talents:

- Long Arm of The Law
    - Selfless Healer
    - Unbreakable Spirit
    - Holy Avenger
    - Execution Sentance
    - Serafim

Strategy:

Don't pop Wings at the begining.... That mistake wiped me 6 times.
    Instead, go at him casually untill he knocks you into the air, that is when you pop wings, Lay on Hands and go ham.
    Dodge his Arcing Smash (you can use ERT to point the hit locations) and heal whever you can.
    Remember that all of the heals you get before he casts an ability or attacks are counted for the damage of the attack.
    Use Devine Protection on Displaced Energy and don't stand inside the purple spots.

Major Concern: The knocks into the air deal the most damage over all, make sure you heal every single one.

Spoils of Pandaria

Another gift boss, easy as a walk in the park and quiet fun.

Talents:

- Long Arm of The Law
    - Selfless Healer
    - Unbreakable Spirit
    - Devine Purpose
    - Light's Hammer
    - Final Verdict

Strategy:

This is purely an AoE fight.
    Again, on the pull there is an RP event, allthough using pots on this fight is totally a waste.
    Open a lot of boxes at once, i went from green to green, then pop Cd's and focus the Panda spirits first.
    Kill as much as you need, go to the other side and rince and repeat.
    Don't forget to pull the Lever.

Major Concern: The Pandaren spirits should always be your main focus, as they heal and buff other mobs untill defeated.

Thok the Bloodthirsty

He will try to eat you alive. Deny him.

Talents:

- Long Arm of The Law
    - Selfless Healer
    - Unbreakable Spirit
    - Holy Avenger
    - Execution Sentance
    - Serafim

Strategy:

At the firstvstage of the fight he doesn't do much damage.
    However - since you are flying Solo, he will never start a rampage, no matter how low your health is.
    On my first kill he had 32 stacks of acceleration and i had 7 stacks. It was intense.
    So... Keep your defensives untill he starts chain screeching, remember that moving him is merely a setback for your dps, and do not panic when he gets 100 energy. Remember to use LoH as late as possible...

Major Concern: Chain screeches will kill you if you panic, use Devine Protection, heals and as a last resort LoH (don't use bubble unless you have the Flash of Light glyph).

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

A fairly easy fight, but he has some machines that will kill you.

Talents:

- Long Arm of The Law
    - Selfless Healer
    - Unbreakable Spirit
    - Holy Avenger
    - Execution Sentance
    - Serafim

Strategy:

At the begining of the fight he will throw blades at you for a lack of ranged. The knockback is usually enough to get you out of trouble, but if in doubt - take 1 step back, you will be fine.
    Afterwards you need to take care of his robots, kill them as quickly as you can and in a spot where they won't get in your way when running away from lazers and missiles.
    Blackfuse doesn't have a lot of HP, so if you managed to kill Thok, this will be a piece of cake. (I first killed Blackfuse and then tried my luck with the Dinomaniac)

Major Concern: Mines still hurt, but you will probably be overwhelmed by them, so either kite them or absorb them with a bubble... Either way is fine.

And that's it for now.
    I'll make some attempts on Klaxxi as Prot maybe, but i'm pretty skeptic.

If you have read this far - Thank you very much...
    I hope this will help someone.

Also keep in mind that i am 730 Ret with a 795 ring.
    I use An HC WF Empty Drinking horn, and rotate between HC Libram on Single target and HC WF Discordant Chorus in AoE.

Cheers!
    Last edited by killwithpwr; 2016-01-24 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Added SoO tacts.

My current rundown of soloed MoP content (all done as Ret except for Lei Shi):

6/6 10H Mogu'shan Vaults

-Easy

4/4 10H Terrace of the Endless Spring

-Nuke Sha of Fear before he teleports you. When you go into the watery realm thing, just save AW charges to range kill the instant-kill mobs.

6/6 10N Heart of Fear

-I only was able to solo it as of today. I tried prior to and gave up due to Amber-Shaper Un'sok being "unsoloable". However, I was able to just DPS him down to 20% before becoming the Amber thingy. Doubt it's possible if you're not mythic geared (around 735 can probably do it, maybe lower if you cancelaura AW to get more uptime on Wings of Liberty). I skipped any mechanics on Grand Empress due to my DPS.

12/12 10N ToT

-Haven't tried heroic yet. Most bosses die within 30~ seconds so I think I can probably do most of it. Durumu might be an issue because going into his beam phase is about a 10 second timer until death.

4/14 10N SoO

-I've only been here once and stopped after Sha of Pride due to Galakras being impossible solo. There's a trick to beat Norushen easily, Mione explains it in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5RUd8iEyFg
    Last edited by Arrent; 2016-02-15 at 06:14 PM.

A short question - do you mean you turned into amber at 20% boss health and killed the last 20% of his health as an amber thing?
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

--snip--
    Thanks for all the details. Immerseus just seems impossable for me I still haven't killed him yet. Right now I am messing with LFR SoO since I can't seem to get past him.

I really wish they would let u skip him like dreamwalker.

ilvl 717 ret but I am considering trying some fights on prot. The council fight in ToT and Lei Shi in ToE are my main road blocks atm. I am thinking of trying Lei Shi as a prot and see how that works.

Edit: Just killed paragon as prot on LFR. Being prot made it so much easer. As a ret I got 7 out of 9 before dying.

Edit2: I'm sure its nothing special but I have soloed Gorrash LFR woot lol. Couldn't do it as a ret since I got MCed in phase 2 but prot worked
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-02-20 at 03:32 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thanks for all the details. Immerseus just seems impossable for me I still haven't killed him yet. Right now I am messing with LFR SoO since I can't seem to get past him.

I really wish they would let u skip him like dreamwalker.

ilvl 717 ret but I am considering trying some fights on prot. The council fight in ToT and Lei Shi in ToE are my main road blocks atm. I am thinking of trying Lei Shi as a prot and see how that works.

Edit: Just killed paragon as prot on LFR. Being prot made it so much easer. As a ret I got 7 out of 9 before dying.

Edit2: I'm sure its nothing special but I have soloed Gorrash LFR woot lol. Couldn't do it as a ret since I got MCed in phase 2 but prot worked
    It's allways good to get better gear. but sometimes it's enough to get the tactics right and be somewhat lucky.

I'll tell you this, though... Doing SoO requiered me much time and effort on some bosses... and some bosses i just breezed through.

I honestly thought that the hardest boss would be Thok and Spoils... but the hardest is actually Malkorok. funny how things work... xD

You can PM me if you got questions you think i might be able to answer. I'll try to help.

It's allways good to get better gear. but sometimes it's enough to get the tactics right and be somewhat lucky.

I'll tell you this, though... Doing SoO requiered me much time and effort on some bosses... and some bosses i just breezed through.

I honestly thought that the hardest boss would be Thok and Spoils... but the hardest is actually Malkorok. funny how things work... xD

You can PM me if you got questions you think i might be able to answer. I'll try to help.
    Tyvm will do

Atm it does seem like a gear problem.

Woot got two new solos under my belt. I am now 2/6 25man Normal MSV.

First boss was tank and spank. The 2nd tho was such a dps race, It took me two trys and I beat the enrage on the second try by 3sec. First try he had 10% left and enraged on me.

Being prot has made dealing with damage so much easyer but at the cost of dps.

Edit: Died at 40% on the 3rd boss. Didn't have enough dps as prot to kill him, Going to try it as ret later.

Edit: My new roadblock is Durumu 10N. I can't get no where near killing him as prot or ret. best I done was 58%

Edit: Was able to get him to 22% as ret before dying....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-02-22 at 02:49 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Woot finally finished TOE 10man Normal. I know it isn't anything special but Woot lol. Did it at ilvl 718.
    Took me two trys to kill sha since I didn't zerg down the panada add fast enough.

Once I went prot I 1shot Lei Shi.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-03-06 at 01:47 PM.

Just to revive the thread, and as a heads-up:

Retribution Paladin soloing

You can check my list for details, but mostly it's Paragons/Garrosh 10N
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by Soloable View Post
    Anybody tell me what the best spec for soloing Cata raids is? On Ret I still have trouble with 25 man Shannox .
    I solo 25H FL every week as Ret (i am full conquest gear) I just pop wings and burn him down . My spec is typical PvP spec, FV/SS, but i do have legendary ring, so that helps =). Make sure you pre-bubble abilities from his doggies, i usually dps for 4-5 globals, put my ES on him, then bubble and burn him down in my bubble, thats all.

Bump here !
    Doesn't know if someone try on the PTR/Beta the ret paladin to solo old content ? We lose some self-healing abilities but...
    I was looking on the talents, and Justicar's Vengence (5 HP for massive damage, and heal the same amount) looks fantastic to this extent. Due to the damage scaling on the old content. Is this working well ?

Quote Originally Posted by Felkor View Post
    Bump here !
    Doesn't know if someone try on the PTR/Beta the ret paladin to solo old content ? We lose some self-healing abilities but...
    I was looking on the talents, and Justicar's Vengence (5 HP for massive damage, and heal the same amount) looks fantastic to this extent. Due to the damage scaling on the old content. Is this working well ?
    I tried Immerseus normal 10 man on the Beta (I'm 102 atm) and got wrecked. Since our mobility is limited now, I couldn't get to enough puddles quickly enough to kill and eventually couldn't outheal the magic damage. Maybe SoO doesn't have the legacy buff enabled yet?

There will be no legacy buff for MOP content introduced, any content that has the legacy buff (cata and before) is already trivial.
    That being said justicar's vengeance would be some nice healing to get some stuff done as ret, but im sure prot will accomplish more hardcore soloes.

While not 100 related, Blackhand normal is easily doable at 110 845 ish item level as Prot on the current Beta build, if you wish to farm The Blackhand transmog. Heroic Blackhand kept despawning and resetting in P1 when I attempted that, during the knock back, but didn't do so on Normal.