Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Removing Monthlies seems overall a decent move, changes to Dailies sound interesting, and the Daily gimme is a smart move to keep people logging in, though I know it's gonna cause an epic bitchfest from people.
    The daily login will just pickup from where you left it. So you don't have to log in every day in order to progress it.

Looks like nice changes - Not that I mind the daily system as it is now. But looks interesting

well Laurels and an increased gold find are useful for anyone in this game who wants to buy something (ingame or gemstore). Turn your Laurels into T6 mats which sell quite well. I take it you're not interested in anything from the gemstore then.
    Since I've gotten bifrost I have no use for money anymore rlly
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Since I've gotten bifrost I have no use for money anymore rlly
    Gold->Gems->Goodies?

For me there's no end to the fancy things I could get in that game. Granted, I don't spend enough time playing it ever.
    BAD WOLF

I mostly watch my gold increase out of amusement. I bought an extra bank slot a while back to store all the junk items I get to quickly go through salvaging dailies. Maybe one day I'll dump it to get the T3 cultural armor skins all unlocked and finish the fashion cheevs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Gold->Gems->Goodies?

For me there's no end to the fancy things I could get in that game. Granted, I don't spend enough time playing it ever.
    Need I remind you the ATROCITY that is MALE light armor? And how Anet just wants boobs like the sexist pigs they are

10+ Year Old Account
    Need I remind you the ATROCITY that is MALE light armor? And how Anet just wants boobs like the sexist pigs they are
    My warrior is pretty exposed. He's a fiery, norn beast. I mean his chest, hair, tattoos, and all is proudly not being covered appropriately by armor. I think you just picked the wrong class if that's what you wanted. I'd SS his login, but I'm at work. Heavy armor has a lot of exposure for males.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    My warrior is pretty exposed. He's a fiery, norn beast. I mean his chest, hair, tattoos, and all is proudly not being covered appropriately by armor. I think you just picked the wrong class if that's what you wanted. I'd SS his login, but I'm at work. Heavy armor has a lot of exposure for males.
    I'm am fully aware that Anet can't make light armor for males for shit. Thanks.

I'm am fully aware that Anet can't make light armor for males for shit. Thanks.
    highly subjective, I love the look of my male Norn Mesmer and I'm sure many players love theirs. They can't cater to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    highly subjective, I love the look of my male Norn Mesmer and I'm sure many players love theirs. They can't cater to everyone.
    you lie

YOU LIIIEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Don't confuse the couple scamps here that shit all over everything GW2 with the actual playerbase. This is getting rave reviews and thumbs ups everywhere.
    Let's not forget that "the couple of scamps" usually bring better arguments to the table than "I don't like it" where as the "fanboys" just shout "this is sooooo awesome". Many of the negative views tend to come true, which is a pitty.

Or he has poor taste, both are an option

Back on topic though:
    All in all I like this change, especially since I suggested it a long time ago, ideally they'd go a bit further and drop dailies for weeklies but it's progress so let's be happy about that.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Let's not forget that "the couple of scamps" usually bring better arguments to the table than "I don't like it"
    I honestly haven't seen those good arguments you are talking about. It's basically always the same: haters talk about how changes should have been in the game since release, how new content isn't really content (mostly because they don't care for that specific content). Example: Story Missions. Since the beginning of season 2 we've got (I think) 29 new story missions. As the name implies this isn't about combat mostly, but story development.

What "good arguments" do we have in the forums?: This is just half baked content with no replayability.... I WANT DUNGEONS NOOOOW. Those people forget that there are actually quite a few people who enjoy that slow pace story telling missions... a lot.

On the other hand you have people with imho unrealistic expectations. They think because GW1 could release an expansion with dozens of new maps (which were far easier to develop as GW2's), GW2 should have at least the same amount of new maps in the same timeframe as GW1's expansions. That's just crazy... and this becomes pretty clear when you look at the latest new maps and all the stuff going on on those maps.

...sure, I fully expect that some of you instantly dismiss all of what I've said not long after I've posted this. I'll not be surprised, critics of this game have grown exponentially because they don't get the stuff they want. It's far easier to jump on the bandwagon of shitstorms nowadays.

Let's not forget that "the couple of scamps" usually bring better arguments to the table than "I don't like it"
    Actually, most of the criticism is poorly expressed and hyperbolic crap or flies widely in the face of the game's design(i.e. the no level/gear progression complaint). Your criticisms, acerbic as they can be, are usually cogent and supported.

Dno, I usually list my concerns.
    DUH, most stuff people buy costs at least 400gems, so it's only natural that most people buy 400 gems or more...
    I'll be happy when they remove all the shit maps they introduced.

Engineer – Magnetic Shield (#4 skill on the shield, immobilize you and reflect). The immobilize on it was kinda weird so this ability can now be used while moving so it will act similar as the #5 skill.

Exactly what we needed, another buff to engineer's ability to escape...

Warrior – Some changes coming to Mace which doesn’t see a lot of use

Crushing Blow – increase vulnerability from 4 to 10 stacks
    Tremor – velocity increased by 12%.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if this comes to PvE too.

Ranger – Too many rangers using Longbow – We are adding a tell of the animation for the Point Blank skill and the projectile has a purple color to distinguish it from autoattacks.

"And of course, Longbows were declared useful, therefore fun, therefore OP, and have to be nerfed." if you think adding a tell to a skill is a bad thing I wonder what you'd think of Hambow's without tells on the immobilise.
    Sure but the problem is that you're not targeting PvPers in this way. What you're doing is adding rewards so more PvEers/WvWers go to PvP.
    No PvPer cares about getting levels/skill points/gold.

They're trying to remedy a big problem with PvP which is that it's simply dead, so they need to (artificially) increase the amount of players, this doesn't reward PvPers in any way though.

I'll leave it at this since I'm just repeating myself.
    This is so much BS, people didn't think SAB2 was too hard, it was just annoying. Instagib mechanics with no way of predicting them aren't hard, you just have to figure out where they are and then follow the route. That's not hard, it's boring.

One of the things I mean when I say I don't want "gimmicky" difficulty, this is what I'm talking about. The "hard" part is memorizing where the traps are, which is just time consuming and in no way related to skill.

But a-net has always been truthful, honest and straightforward!
    /sarcasm
    Great you're a mesmer and got to use some very niche skills. Skills that are basically useless when it comes to "skilled play".
    Other classes don't really have these and thus the value is greatly reduced. I main a ranger my spirits didn't help, my traps didn't help, my pet didn't help, my KD didn't help, my retreats didn't help,... All I did was run from one point to another and hit auto attack. Yes I used the amazing skill swoop to run faster but again this isn't something that requires skill.
    It felt to me like I was literally running from one dummy to another.

Yes new mechanics are fun and what not BUT why do you have to give up everything else? The implementation of starting with one stupid shadow thingy to get further is OK. The problem is that the fight didn't build past this point. There was no difference in running the buff at the start to kill the mob as at the end aside form the fact that the boss had more health.
    There was no complexity and thus no challenge. It was harder for many people to do the mini bossfight outside of Fort Salma than to clear this instance, the difference was that it took unnecessarily long.
    Also don't forget that many mechanics weren't new the color thing came from scarlet and the buff thing was used before but I can't recall it atm.

I personally was quite happy with how the instance turned out until I reached the end boss and it was the same thing I had been doing for the last 10minutes all over again. I don't get how it would be such a bad thing to make the end fight exactly the same apart from where you only deal damage by killing some other minion.
    I can make that fight 10* more interesting with some simple changes.

1. Boss has a gazillion health and armor thanks to a buff
    => you clear the buff by making him absorb the shield thingy
    2. The room is equally divided into different colors (red/green/blue) adds appear of each color if you kill the add you don't take damage from standing on tiles with the same color, not being attuned makes it so you take damage each second.
    => the tiles rotate but can change direction (they start clockwise but can switch counterclockwise)
    3. You kill the boss by attacking with your skills.

There you use the same mechanics in a much more interesting/fun way. And you can change the difficulty by changing how quickly the tiles change/mobs spawn/...

The mechanics "introduced" are fun, they're just implemented poorly.
    No shit, there's a reason why people are toxic as hell. It took 2.5 years to acknowledge that MMR doesn't exist in GW2, but whenever people talk about it they get infracted/banned.

Another thing that clearly requires 2.5 years of development time right? A pop-up box with a confirmation literally took 2.5 years to develop.

So there's a "new" third option in the "play" system, great now people will practice in play and play in sQ just like before. The only way to remedy this is to put up rank limits for each type.

Great so tQ still will be meaningless since the player base is so small that you'll always get put up against teams when Qing solo. If you want to change this so tPvP is meaningful you have to put up a strict boundary, join as 5 or don't join at all.

If you don't do this there's little to no reason to play sQ since the rewards are better in tQ. The off-chance my ass, this isn't the first time a-net goes with "on the off chance" and is proven completely wrong.

Another change that requires 2.5 years to implement. A better change at this point would be to remove all the shit maps and just stick to the well known 3.

Yup because leaderboards are such a good metric and they clearly show skill right? They're absolutely not volatile as fuck and can't be manipulated at all right?
    Here's one of my recent ranking "jumps".
    [18. Nov - 12:00 PM] - New rank 678
    [18. Nov - 03:00 AM] - New rank 954
    Guess how many games I played yup the wopping 3, lost 2 btw

I feel sorry for the people who are waiting for things that aren't "top priority" seeing as "top priority" = at least 2.5years of waiting I can't imagine how long normal stuff will take.

And let's not forget that they announced a huge PvP patch 1.5 years ago that turned out to be a huge joke. This should've been implemented THEN, it's too late now.
    These are all negative opinions but with more substance than, I hate it. When I do post "I hate it" it's usually because I already explained at length before what I wouldn't like.

edit: damn u lawow
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much none of this has to do with the new daily system...so....
    BAD WOLF

Please stay topic relevant.

- Fencers

i was about to complain about the daily login reward, but then i read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Missed a day because of work, vacation, or a work vacation? No worries, your progress is still there! The next time you log in, you’ll pick up where you left off. The system will only reset once you’ve claimed the 28th and final reward.
    thank you so much for doing this arenanet, forcing people to log in every day is the worst thing you can do. finally someone who realised that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    thank you so much for doing this arenanet, forcing people to log in every day is the worst thing you can do. finally someone who realised that.
    I agree. I was very conflicted with the dailies/monthlies because it honestly made me feel pressured in the way of: I must do x activities every time I log on or else I'm losing out on rewards. It got worse the further the month went. In essence, I was never logging on and just doing what I wanted...but being forced into a set of activities I may have not wanted at the time.

I like this new system a great deal.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the system, but I find that I dislike the actual dailies themselves. The 'vista viewer' ones in particular, they're too "okaydonenow" for me.

The daily login system doesn't particularly bother me either. They could've "fixed" the previous monthly system by amping up the total required whatevers for the monthly activities, but I can understand the psychological value of "Complete 5000 events" and being discouraged by it.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

See, I like the Vista viewer, since it's quick, simple and flexible. Any vista in the given grouping of zones. Same with the gatherer. You have choices. Kill x specific boss or do events in x specific zone are inflexible. I feel the number of choices/flexibility of choices needs to increase. I appreciate they wanted to expand the WvW and PvP dailies so players who only do those activities can get their daily AP doing them. But the PvE choices should not have been compacted so much as a result.

Instead, there should be eight available dailies for each category every day. If you really want the chest rewards from them, do them. But you should still only need 3 to get your daily AP.