Time for Computer Upgrade.

My budget limit is $1500.

Should I go with the new X99 processor or the Z97 processor or LGA2011?
    I know its not really recommended to go with the new X99 processor cuz there is no program out there that uses 6 cores..but it would be nice to get your opinions.

I'm wondering if I should keep my input devices: SSD, External Harddrive, 1000W Corsair HW Power Supply, Coolermaster HAF932 Full tower case, case fans? or replace it? (I'm keeping my video card cause i just bought it like few months ago its GTX 770, so i dont need to replace the video card)

Need your suggestions or opinions.

its basically a shrink down of gen 4 intel. throw in ddr4 memory thats really not gonna be a faster memory for the time being i don't see much value to taking it. i was playing around with pcpricepicker and you basically are gonna spend 100-150 more for a mother board; 40 to 70 more for memory; I only seen i7 6 core haswell-e cpu.s so your locked into 350 or higher for the cpu.

personally i'd wait for 2016 for the new architecture. save some penneies and stick with gen4.....

i think the only real value to ddr4 memory is its low energy impact and efficiency for servers. it might look faster but it has a longer latency timer so over all there is no speed increase for gaming. I could be wrong but thats what i read so far.

Quote Originally Posted by skitszo View Post
    its basically a shrink down of gen 4 intel. throw in ddr4 memory thats really not gonna be a faster memory for the time being i don't see much value to taking it. i was playing around with pcpricepicker and you basically are gonna spend 100-150 more for a mother board; 40 to 70 more for memory; I only seen i7 6 core haswell-e cpu.s so your locked into 350 or higher for the cpu.

personally i'd wait for 2016 for the new architecture. save some penneies and stick with gen4.....

i think the only real value to ddr4 memory is its low energy impact and efficiency for servers. it might look faster but it has a longer latency timer so over all there is no speed increase for gaming. I could be wrong but thats what i read so far.
    thanks for the advice.

I think before anyone can answer we should have an idea of what you're doing with your computer and what you want to improve upon. As well, tell us what you have. You did say "upgrade".